Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Oxley View Post


    For a split second I thought you took my Metallica shirt. Much like you tried to steal my copy of Henry AFTER I bought you one. You're a terrible person.

    I was like "That fucking cunt!"

    Then I found it and there was much rejoicing.


    I really had no idea you rebought Henry. I woulda been super confused when I got back home and found 2 copies in my pack.



    Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

    $30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

    Comment


    • 2012

      I tried watching this when it first came out, but got bored and stopped about halfway through. Been on a disaster flick kick lately and decided to give this another chance... Glad I did. The characters are okay and there's some horrible dialogue... But I couldn't take my eyes off the screen this time. Impressive jaw dropping special effects and an interesting enough story/theory made this a good time. 7/10

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Oxley View Post
        Ilsa: Shewolf of the SS.

        Been waiting sooooo long to see this. It was alright, I wanted a bit more Nazi shit. But, whats there is nice and sleazy. The effects were fucking pretty awesome, the make ups and such, the blood was totally fake looking put everything else was well done. Some terrible acting (totally expected).

        Overall I liked it, it could of been more, but it was still a fun slice of sleaze I can see myself revisiting.

        7/10
        This rating is an disappointment. I thought you would give this an all guns blazin' 10/10, since Diane Thorne is the hottest and meanest SS slut ever.
        Check again...



        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

        Comment


        • I still have two more.. Including The Triumph of the Will.

          Faces of Death

          Wasn't totally sure what I was going to be getting into with this one.. But I loved it. Really loved it. I wasn't sure what was real and what wasn't, apart from some of the animal stuff. After watching the features I see it's entirely fake, the monkey, and every human scene, fake. But it's all re-creation of very real news footage, the shit they take out for broadcasting. There is one real, dead body used in the film, and that was just pure chance. It's the scene with the body on the beach. It happened to just wash up while they were there, and they filmed it before any authorities showed up.

          The film kinda had some slow moments though, seeing how most of the deaths have their own little background/story thing. Which sort of gets in the road, things will be nice and gruesome, then the breaks get tapped, works it's way back up to a good speed, then again, breaks. I can see myself watching this many times though. I might have to look into some of the sequels too.

          8/10
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain





          "I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler


          You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
          Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
          My little idiot..

          Comment


          • Vacancy - 3.5/5

            Dead Silence - 3.5/5

            Comment


            • Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
              Fuck off. Dracula is the best. Although Creature From the Black Lagoon is close.


              And then there's Creature 2, which gave the acting world Clint Eastwood.
              Creature completely owns Dracula. The direction in Dracula is some of the most unexciting direction I've ever seen in a horror movie. It's almost like the director was in a coma when he directed this bitch. The movie has great atmosphere (that castle) and Lugosi owns it but that's about it. And the lack of score is REALLLLY distracting. Now Frankenstein didn't have one either (except during the credits) but I never noticed because James Whale directed the hell out of that film and I was engaged the entire time.

              James Whale> Tod Browning.
              Bow to the Schlock King

              B-Movie Madness


              Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

              Comment


              • Saw 7 - 6.5/10
                Candyman - 8/10
                Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles '14 - 5/10
                The Purge: Anarchy - 7.5/10
                “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

                Comment


                • The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Well, I'm out. I just don't care for it at all. I hate the characters, the story is bland, and the scripts for both films are a mess. This film did teach me one thing though. If you want to get rid of disgusting, painful burns and boils on your skin, just wash them off in water.

                  4/10


                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                    The Hunger Games: Catching Fire - Well, I'm out. I just don't care for it at all. I hate the characters, the story is bland, and the scripts for both films are a mess. This film did teach me one thing though. If you want to get rid of disgusting, painful burns and boils on your skin, just wash them off in water.

                    4/10


                    Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                      Creature completely owns Dracula. The direction in Dracula is some of the most unexciting direction I've ever seen in a horror movie. It's almost like the director was in a coma when he directed this bitch. The movie has great atmosphere (that castle) and Lugosi owns it but that's about it. And the lack of score is REALLLLY distracting. Now Frankenstein didn't have one either (except during the credits) but I never noticed because James Whale directed the hell out of that film and I was engaged the entire time.

                      James Whale> Tod Browning.
                      I agree, Dracula feels tedious at times compared to the others.

                      I love Tod Browning's Freaks though and can appreciate the impact Dracula had.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                        I agree, Dracula feels tedious at times compared to the others.

                        I love Tod Browning's Freaks though and can appreciate the impact Dracula had.


                        Agreed on all counts.
                        Bow to the Schlock King

                        B-Movie Madness


                        Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                          I agree with Roxo's recommendations, I'm not a big Kevin Smith fan but he's done some decent stuff and I look forward to Tusk.

                          And as an Englishman I have no idea how you don't know who Kevin Smith is . He's certainly no Cilla Black in America though .
                          Haha, I'll try and check them out, but they don't really look like my kind of thing to be honest no one can beat our Cilla!

                          Punch-Drunk Love

                          A Paul Thomas Anderson film starring Adam Sandler? Yeah, he went there and it worked! What a wonderful bizarre, little film this is. It's beautifully directed with some seriously stunning shots. I also really liked the overbearing music which added to the strange atmosphere. Adam Sandler is actually pretty good here and Paul exploits all of the qualities that make him annoying, to create an interesting and compelling character. There's so much going on underneath the surface. Just reading up on the uses of colour and framing is so interesting. This is my second Paul Thomas Anderson film (after There Will Be Blood, one of my all-time faves) and I can't wait to check out more!

                          8/10
                          ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"


                          Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

                          http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

                          Comment


                          • Brick Mansions - 6.5/10

                            I think this is a remake of a movie I saw a long time ago called District B13. It has one of the same actors in it (that parkour dude). Anyway this was not a great remake. Most of the action was good but the directing and acting was pretty bad in it. Paul Walker is in it and he does okay. RZA is also in it. I like RZA but geezus....he's a horrible actor. How the fuck does he keep getting work?

                            Star Trek Into Darkness - 8/10

                            If you ever got a chance to see Michael Jordan in his prime play one on one with some 9 year old, it'd be a total beatdown. This is kinda how I felt watching Benedict Cumberbatch acting with the cast of Star Trek....he basically acted circles around the whole cast. I felt like I was watching some great actor in a high school play. He kinda just made everyone around him look bad

                            Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - 8/10

                            A very underrated Star Trek movie in my opinion. And holy shit....I had no idea Christian Slater was in it (briefly but still) !!!
                            I thought the story was really good and I loved the whole mystery/whodunnit storyline.


                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                              Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country - 8/10

                              A very underrated Star Trek movie in my opinion. And holy shit....I had no idea Christian Slater was in it (briefly but still) !!!
                              I thought the story was really good and I loved the whole mystery/whodunnit storyline.
                              It's definately one of the better ones. I think it gets forgotten a bit, because it was coming off of the worst movie in the franchise.


                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                                Punch-Drunk Love

                                A Paul Thomas Anderson film starring Adam Sandler? Yeah, he went there and it worked! What a wonderful bizarre, little film this is. It's beautifully directed with some seriously stunning shots. I also really liked the overbearing music which added to the strange atmosphere. Adam Sandler is actually pretty good here and Paul exploits all of the qualities that make him annoying, to create an interesting and compelling character. There's so much going on underneath the surface. Just reading up on the uses of colour and framing is so interesting. This is my second Paul Thomas Anderson film (after There Will Be Blood, one of my all-time faves) and I can't wait to check out more!

                                8/10
                                I became an Adam Sandler fan after watching this

                                Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                                RZA is also in it. I like RZA but geezus....he's a horrible actor. How the fuck does he keep getting work?
                                Because he's RZA motha fuckah!


                                Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X