• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prophecy - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
      Found (2012)

This indie horror really took me by surprise. A perfect combination of coming of age and extreme horror. This movie really left an impact on me and gave me the chills. 10/10

Wer (2013)

Solid new take on werewolves with pretty good special effects. Surprises me that this is from the same director of the shit heaps Stay Alive and The Devil Inside. 7/10
      Completely agreed on both.

Torment - saw this on netflix, and Katherine Isabelle's name attracted me so I threw it on, even though I don't really like home invasion flicks because the majority of them are the same, and boring imo. This was the same, cliched and all. It's shot well, and the acting ain't so bad. 6/10

Comment

• The Descent - Neil Marshall's brilliant masterpiece. One of my all-time fave horror films. - 10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
          Still a shitty performance
          I don't think it was a shitty performance.

Shelley gets a bad rap but I always liked her.

She fucking nailed Olive Oyl and nobody could ever play her as well as Shelley did.

Comment

• Phantasm (1979, Don Coscarelli) - 7.5/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• The Battery (2012) - Road trip zombie drama with some funny scenes following two ex baseball players surviving zombie apocalypse.Since its directors first and low budget film great job from his part.Ending could be different but overall entertaining flick and one of my favorite zombie movies from the last decade.

8.5/10

Comment

• The Great Mouse Detective

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                  Still a shitty performance

Does your brain just not comprehend what I was trying to say?

Comment

• Dead Riot (2006)-9/10

Entertaining as hell modern grindhouse film. A mixture of a women in prison movie, a blaxploitation film and an italian style zombie movie. Shit ton of gore, boobs and even some lesbian sex thrown in for good measure. Oh and kung fu and a killer baby as well.

Watched the grindhouse cut of the movie which has has film scratches, audio drop outs and even a missing reel. Honestly don't see myself watching the regular cut of this one. The grindhouse look fits this one perfectly.

Only issue is some minor bad CG work.
                    Last edited by The Geek; 09-26-2014, 01:07 AM.
                    Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Edward Scissorhands 10/10

Comment

• "Cutting Class"....This 1988 horror/comedy is pretty damn cheesy, but I like it. There are a few good kills(the gym teacher, math teacher, "Brian") and horror movie vet Jill Schoelen is good enough to get through the movie. However her male leads Brad Pitt and Donovan Leitch are both piss poor!! The storyline is actually good(if u can get pass some mediocre dialogue and dumb/failed comedic moments) and the showdown in the metal shop at the end is cool.

5/10

Comment

• "The Warriors (1979)"....A classic gangster movie from the late 70's. Lots of great action and cool characters. Grew up watching this movie and love to revisit it from time to time. The cast is ok. Love the taunting scene towards the end of the film and was so happy to know that that little prick got what was coming to him!! LOL!! Nice to have the Directors Cut dvd now...the original intended version.

7/10

Comment

• Children of the Corn [1984] - 7/10
                            Creepshow 2 - 7/10
                            House [1986] - 8/10
                            Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 09-26-2014, 04:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                              Dead Riot (2006)-9/10

Entertaining as hell modern grindhouse film. A mixture of a women in prison movie, a blaxploitation film and an italian style zombie movie. Shit ton of gore, boobs and even some lesbian sex thrown in for good measure. Oh and kung fu and a killer baby as well.

Watched the grindhouse cut of the movie which has has film scratches, audio drop outs and even a missing reel. Honestly don't see myself watching the regular cut of this one. The grindhouse look fits this one perfectly.

Only issue is some minor bad CG work.
                              Sounds like a damn good time. Is it on Cinemageddon?
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                                Does your brain just not comprehend what I was trying to say?
                                The problem with your theory is that Kubrick has a track record of not making the best casting decisions. If he was trying to get us to hate Duvall, what was he trying to do with Modine? Or any other of the questionable people he's hired?

Maps to the Stars (2014, David Cronenberg) - 8/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X