What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
    "An Unexpected Journey" is ok but it's rendered moot with how terrible "Desolation Of Smaug" is. I'm not even going to bother with "The Battle Of Five Armies".
    First time I saw DOS was in the 3d HFR, then I watched the EE and found it to be much better. Not something Id watch again, but might watch a "fan edit" of all three movies, since Im sure a 4 hour version will be made.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      Foxcatcher - 8/10
      non-arabic subtitle version?

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
      2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
      3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
      4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
      5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
      6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
      7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
      8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
      9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
      10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post

Not unless he saw it at the cinema.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post

Not unless he saw it at the cinema.
          fair enough, it aint out here until the 9th of jan

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
          2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
          3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
          4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
          5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
          6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
          7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
          8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
          9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
          10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Won't ever be out here.

Comment

• Guardians of the Galaxy

Not much to say except . Definitely one of the worst films of the year.

1/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Yoxodo View Post
                Guardians of the Galaxy

Not much to say except . Definitely one of the worst films of the year.

1/10

What was the other movie you watched this year?
                Last edited by Se7en; 12-29-2014, 07:17 AM.

Comment

• Not really understanding why everyone has a hard on for Guardians. And now, apparently its so mind-blowing and revolutionary that Star Trek and DC are going to emulate it. If Guardians is the future of movies, then FUCK MOVIES.

Oh btw, the other movie I saw this year was The Guest. Eh.

Comment

apparently its so mind-blowing and revolutionary that Star Trek and DC are going to emulate it.
                    Huh?

Pretty sure the new Star Trek movies have already set their tone. DC is emulating The Avengers, not GOTG.

Comment

• WOLF CREEK 2

Re-watching this on blu-ray for the umpteenth time - LOVE this film! Looks and sounds great in HD, just a damn shame we never got a theatrical release here in the UK. Be interesting to see where Greg Mclean takes it if there is a third instalment. I've also nearly finished reading the second 'prequel' novel DESOLATION GAME. Brilliant book which sees Mick fine-tuning his hunting & killing skills during his service in the Vietnam War.
                      "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
                        Nope. It didn't bother me at all.

Movie was really good but not as great as I was hoping it would be. The performances really carried it (Carrell is pretty incredible, I totally forgot it was him after a while). The movie had some slow moments that didn't really do anything positive for the movie, though. Probably 4 or 5 times throughout I kept thinking to myself "this scene has gone on long enough" or some moments I wondered why it was even in there. I think a good 15 minutes could have been shaved off of this. It's an incredibly bleak, humorless and serious movie that approaches the story with simplicity and relies completely on the performances to say it was trying to say. Not sure I'll want to watch it again anytime soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                          Huh?

Pretty sure the new Star Trek movies have already set their tone. DC is emulating The Avengers, not GOTG.
                          Star Trek 3 and Suicide Squad will be clones of GOTG. Both series of films are all over the place tone-wise, and at this point are just grasping at straws.

Comment

Not really understanding why everyone has a hard on for Guardians.
                            People love Guardians because it set itself apart from the overly brooding, self-serious superhero films like The Dark Knight Rises and Man of Steel are while keeping a mix of everything that made superhero films so popular in the last few years in the first place. It has an ensemble of naturally weird characters (i.e. Fantastic Four), cheese and self-awareness (i.e. Spider-Man), and the great action + witty dialogue that make The Avengers and Winter Soldier so good. For me, it's the best comedy of the year and one of the best action films of the year.

1/10? Seriously? Lol.

Originally posted by Yoxodo View Post
                            And now, apparently its so mind-blowing and revolutionary that Star Trek and DC are going to emulate it. If Guardians is the future of movies, then FUCK MOVIES.
                            Maybe DC could actually make a good movie if they did.

Comment

Star Trek 3 and Suicide Squad will be clones of GOTG.
                              How do you figure? Star Trek has it's tone firmly set in place, and the new movie will not deviate from the formula. The formula which was established a good few years before GOTG was in production.

Nobody knows what the hell Suicide Squad is going to be like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post

Nobody knows what the hell Suicide Squad is going to be like.
                                I agree. If anything, I am hoping SUICIDE SQUAD will share the gritty tone of director David Ayer's previous efforts - END OF WATCH, (the very underrated) SABOTAGE and FURY I found all of these to be very solid and entertaining thrillers.
                                "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

Working...
                                X