Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
    That said I can understand people disliking it and the animal violence is a bit much for me too. Belittling the technical aspects is silly though. The cinematography at times is great and for 1980 the use of realism techniques was very impressive.
    Yeah, to to say it's poorly directed is ridiculous. The movie is fairly nasty and it's not going to be for everyone, but it is very well made.

    And how can anyone not like the music? The main theme is one of the all time greats of Horror.

    [YOUTUBE]kf1Vt6r-sj8[/YOUTUBE]

    And all of the animals that were killed in the movie were supposedly eaten by the natives....Hope that helps, horrorking.


    My DVD's/Blu's

    Comment


    • Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
      Itís difficult to believe that Cannibal Holocaust was released in 1980 because it comes across as so dated. As with most Italian horror movies at the time the acting is absolutely atrocious.
      Thought the acting was pretty decent tbh

      The main dude did porn or something and kinda sucked but idk

      Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
      Inglorious Basterds #1? No way.
      When you get that high up a list (all those are 10's) it's all about my personal ties to the film. Basterds was another one of those (along with Se7en, Halloween) films that got me into cinema so I can't not put it as number one.

      Unless you think Basterds isn't a ten... in which case

      Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
      The cinematography at times is great and for 1980 the use of realism techniques was very impressive.
      Cinematography is gr8

      Fuck the animal killings, the most offensive part of Cannibal Holocaust is the ridiculously heavy-handed manner in which the social commentary pertaining to the media is conducted.


      Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

      Comment


      • I'm pretty sure most of the movie was dubbed. Kind of hard to judge acting based on that...


        My DVD's/Blu's

        Comment


        • Originally posted by travisbickle View Post
          I'm pretty sure most of the movie was dubbed. Kind of hard to judge acting based on that...
          I thought only that tour guide was dubbed

          Regardless, they did a good job if that was the case.


          Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Se7en View Post
            I thought only that tour guide was dubbed

            Regardless, they did a good job if that was the case.
            I know that Robert Kerman (porn actor) was dubbed. The rest? Not 100% sure.


            My DVD's/Blu's

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Se7en View Post
              Thought the acting was pretty decent tbh

              The main dude did porn or something and kinda sucked but idk

              When you get that high up a list (all those are 10's) it's all about my personal ties to the film. Basterds was another one of those (along with Se7en, Halloween) films that got me into cinema so I can't not put it as number one.

              Unless you think Basterds isn't a ten... in which case

              Cinematography is gr8

              Fuck the animal killings, the most offensive part of Cannibal Holocaust is the ridiculously heavy-handed manner in which the social commentary pertaining to the media is conducted.
              @ Cannibal Holcaust comments. Agreed it's a well made movie but at your comments about heavy handedness....It drills it's point home just as loudly as it displays it's violenece and horror. Plus, exploitation movies aren't meant to be subtle. Like or hate it, it does its job fearlessly

              @inglorious Basterds. Gotcha. And yes, it's a 10

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                Fuck the animal killings, the most offensive part of Cannibal Holocaust is the ridiculously heavy-handed manner in which the social commentary pertaining to the media is conducted.
                Yeah but I didn't really mind that, it's presenting a hypocrisy kinda tongue in cheek and it's an exploitation film after all. People also overlook aspects such as colonialism, patriarchy and violence towards women that is often displaced onto the animal killings.

                It hits all the notes pretty well and I'd be amazed if any of the notable Found Footage directors haven't examined this movie before working on their own.

                Comment


                • "Insidious: Chapter 2"......I found this chapter to be a bit more scarier than the original. Patrick Wilson is solid once again in his role, but this time had a bit more meaty material to make him shine more. I still have a bit of a problem with Rose Byrne. She is a little better in this film too, but she still annoys me at times. I love that the wonderful Barbara Hershey was given more material to work with and I am very happy to see this horror vet(The Entity) back in scary movies. A handful of the jump and scare moments are wonderfully executed and the music score is very effective once again. The two lame characters of "Specks" and "Tucker" are just that....lame!! There is no need to have such dweebs in this film, and think these characters were really not needed. What I also loved about this movie besides the scares, was that it tied together some things from the first one. The back story and revelation of the demon that has been haunting "Josh" was brilliantly done with some awesome twists and turns. The complexity of the continued storyline is wonderfully done and makes for an interesting, thrilling, and exciting viewing!! A terrific sequel, but still does not rate as high the 1st part!!

                  8.5/10
                  Last edited by HorrorMovieFan; 01-20-2015, 08:11 PM.

                  Comment


                  • Cannibal Holocaust has always been meh to me, I think I gave it a 5 or 6/10 and I've seen it 2 or 3 times.

                    Inglourious Basterds is a solid 7 but definitely not Tarantino's best work.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                      @ Cannibal Holcaust comments. Agreed it's a well made movie but at your comments about heavy handedness....It drills it's point home just as loudly as it displays it's violenece and horror. Plus, exploitation movies aren't meant to be subtle. Like or hate it, it does its job fearlessly
                      Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                      Yeah but I didn't really mind that, it's presenting a hypocrisy kinda tongue in cheek and it's an exploitation film after all. People also overlook aspects such as colonialism, patriarchy and violence towards women that is often displaced onto the animal killings.
                      That doesn't mean it makes for an easy viewing experience. I can only be hit on the head with a message so much. I felt like I was at a seminar or some shit and the movie was trying to be one big metaphor for why the media is bad more than it was a horror film.

                      Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                      Inglourious Basterds is a solid 7 but definitely not Tarantino's best work.
                      American Sniper a nine

                      Basterds a 7

                      fucking lmaoooooooooo


                      Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                      Comment


                      • The Baron Against the Demons, 2006. 7/10


                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                          That doesn't mean it makes for an easy viewing experience. I can only be hit on the head with a message so much. I felt like I was at a seminar or some shit and the movie was trying to be one big metaphor for why the media is bad more than it was a horror film.

                          American Sniper a nine

                          Basterds a 7

                          fucking lmaoooooooooo
                          Bradley Cooper>Every Single Actor in Basterds.

                          It's not even a competition.

                          Quentin is fine and dandy but taking known figures and working it like that was kind of lame. Was it a fun movie? Yes absolutely but it's not his best work by any means.

                          Kid's like you will now believe Hitler died in a movie theater at the hands of a Jew.

                          It's fucking fodder to you children.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            Bradley Cooper>Every Single Actor in Basterds.

                            It's not even a competition.

                            Quentin is fine and dandy but taking known figures and working it like that was kind of lame. Was it a fun movie? Yes absolutely but it's not his best work by any means.

                            Kid's like you will now believe Hitler died in a movie theater at the hands of a Jew.

                            It's fucking fodder to you children.
                            But what about the obvious fake baby ?

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                              Bradley Cooper>Every Single Actor in Basterds.
                              Well the entire movie is centered around him and Basterds has like a million actors so obviously he was able to do more with his role

                              Unless you're saying overall, which is just fucking delusional. Like factually incorrect type of delusional.

                              Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                              Kid's like you will now believe Hitler died in a movie theater at the hands of a Jew.
                              Are you being serious right now? This isn't true at all.

                              Not even going to bother discussing this further. Your pro-America boner for Chris Kyle is clearly not allowing you to think rationally. If you can't see what a blatant propaganda piece American Sniper is, you are legitimately crazy.


                              Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                                But what about the obvious fake baby ?


                                Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                                Well the entire movie is centered around him and Basterds has like a million actors so obviously he was able to do more with his role

                                Unless you're saying overall, which is just fucking delusional. Like factually incorrect type of delusional.

                                Are you being serious right now? This isn't true at all.

                                Not even going to bother discussing this further. Your pro-America boner for Chris Kyle is clearly not allowing you to think rationally. If you can't see what a blatant propaganda piece American Sniper is, you are legitimately crazy.
                                I guess Basterds isn't an Pro-American film either? You know American Battalion trying to take down Hitler

                                Child

                                Go put your eggos back in to the toaster.

                                Fact Terrorists are Savages
                                Fact Chris Kyle was a Hero and the world was better for having him
                                Fact If you ever had to put your life on the line for someone else you wouldn't.

                                You have everything force fed to you for fucks sake it's sad that you're 21 and still not taking care of yourself by yourself. You're the proverbial leech. People like you are the one's that complain about War Films for not being PC. It's not suppose to be PC.

                                Propaganda? Fucking tell me the Propaganda?
                                Last edited by Freddy_Lives; 01-20-2015, 08:51 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X