• Show
Clear All

• Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules - 7/10

Cheech & Chong's Next Movie - 9/10

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - 10/10

Friday the 13th: A New Beginning - 10/10

Jason Lives: Friday the 13th Part VI - 10/10

Comment

• Crystal Lake Memories: The Complete History of Friday the 13th (2013)-10/10

Comment

• Friday the 13th - 8/10

Friday the 13th Part II - 8.5/10

Friday the 13th Part III - 8/10

Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter - 10/10

Comment

• The Thin Red Line (1998, Terrence Malick) - 11/10

Dressed to Kill (1980, Brian De Palma) - 7.5/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Alligator 1980 (6.5/10) - It's nice seeing Robert Forster and the movie definitely has some cool moments (poor kid ) but overall it felt a little restrained and slow.
            Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 02-14-2015, 05:36 PM.

Comment

• My Bloody Valentine 3D
              My Bloody Valentine

The perfect V-day double feature.
              If I had Valentine on DVD I coulda made it the trifecta. Alas, I don't.

Comment

• My Bloody Valentine (2009)

This is one of the rare occasions where I like the remake better than the original.

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Clean, Shaven (1993) - 10/10

From the same school of hyperrealistic serial killer pictures as Angst, Henry: Portrait Of A Serial Killer and Nightmares In A Damaged Brain, Clean, Shaven escalates this style even further by letting its audience hear the disembodied voices floating around the mind of the dispossessed schizophrenic Peter Winter (Peter Green) at the heart of the film.

Winter reminds me of what Will Graham said of Francis Dollarhyde in Manhunter: "As a boy, my heart bleeds for him. As an adult, someone should blow him out of his shoes." We follow his exploits as he searches for his daughter, Nicole, who had been adopted out whilst he was incarcerated in an asylum. Along the way, he is compelled to brutally murder young girls and commit grotesque acts of self-mutilation, like removing the microchip he believes has been implanted in his fingernail.

This is the movie they mean when they call a picture "uncompromising". The first forty minutes or so are as textbook an example of cinema veritÚ as you will find outside of French documentary films, all subjective point-of-view shots and strange radio voices (which come back in a big way in an ending that suggests the true nature of schizophrenia). But it isn't just a pretentious arthouse film; it coalesces into an excellent cat-and-mouse game between a policeman who begins to date Nichole's adoptive mother and Peter. And by the time of the denouement, we're left wondering just which man was the real villain of the piece.

I don't know what it was about the very late 80s and the very early 90s, but for several years after the slasher craze died down there were quite a few of these excellent, compelling character studies using a serial murder motif. This is probably alongside Whites Of The Eye as the best I've seen in this subgenre.

Go. Get.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean,_Shaven
                  Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
                  To the very toes he is terrified
                  For the ground gives way under him
                  And the dreams begin...

Comment

• Edge of Tomorrow (2014)-10/10

Interstellar (2014)-10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Awesome View Post
                      My Bloody Valentine (2009)

This is one of the rare occasions where I like the remake better than the original.
                      How could you? Remake is trash compared to the original.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justin_Voorhees View Post
                        How could you? Remake is trash compared to the original.
                        I don't get it either tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                          Edge of Tomorrow (2014)-10/10

Interstellar (2014)-10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                            If I had Valentine on DVD I coulda made it the trifecta. Alas, I don't.
                            That's too bad. Valentine is one of the better late 90's/early 00's slashers and definitely underrated. Where's the Blu-ray release??

Thinking about watching it later tonight.

Comment

• Crystal Lake Memories 10/10

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                                That's too bad. Valentine is one of the better late 90's/early 00's slashers and definitely underrated. Where's the Blu-ray release??

Thinking about watching it later tonight.
                                I have it on video tape, but my VHS player gave up the ghost years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X