Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
    Manhood

I have no schtick. Well; technically that might not be entirely true. Anything I post on here is based upon what I observe so I guess you could say being observational is my "schtick".

[YOUTUBE]zz3PhWFhA3I[/YOUTUBE]
    Oh yes. Try as you may, try as you might. Your smoldering anus is wrecked, much to my delight

Taxi Driver is an excellent movie (token movie discussion)

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Why as mods even post that? Especially in the 2015 version of this site. This thread will be able to move on with people posting movies they've seen without giving any-kind of rating or thought about it; rinse & repeat. I mean really..

DVDs

Recent Flicks
      Jurassic World - 7/10
      Speed - 8.5/10
      John Wick - 9.5/10
      The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
      Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
        if your chick is making you watch shit like 50 Shades of Grey (or Gray, fuck if I know) then you probably should have held out a little longer for someone who's not going to put your dick in a blender in order to let you put your arms around them at night. But when you jump at every opportunity to shack up with the nearest bipedal that will spare you the time of day, then I guess it's easy to toss standards of quality out the window.

You equated the VERY SMALL compromise of taking a girl to see a movie you don't like to an existential crisis. You're clearly in no position to be in a serious relationship, and with these last few posts, it's clear you've never been in that position before. If you can't handle a two hour movie where you're SPENDING TIME WITH HER, good luck dealing with all of the other shit a relationship entails.

@Mods, if it's that much of an issue, put us in timeout or something

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

I used that motherfucking gif for the 2007 Spurs right on this very motherfucking site. What the motherfuck?

DVDs

Recent Flicks
          Jurassic World - 7/10
          Speed - 8.5/10
          John Wick - 9.5/10
          Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post

You equated the VERY SMALL compromise of taking a girl to see a movie you don't like to an existential crisis. You're clearly in no position to be in a serious relationship, and with these last few posts, it's clear you've never been in that position before. If you can't handle a two hour movie where you're SPENDING TIME WITH HER, good luck dealing with all of the other shit a relationship entails.

@Mods, if it's that much of an issue, put us in timeout or something
            Okay. To avoid risk of pissing off lusty and puf, I'll be semi serious...

Me thinks you missed the point as per usual. My point was, find a fucking girlfriend who wants to watch cool shit with you. It's really not hard actually. Last girl I watched movies with (she wasn't a girlfriend. I was kind of trying to dodge that ironically) we watched They Live and Pacific Rim, not because I insisted but because those were her types of films. She was interested in what I was interested in. That's a girlfriend worth having. Not the ones who want to force you through two hours of cinematic garbage. Now if they actually like that type of cinematic garbage then that's fine, but just don't force me to go into it with you. They have girlfriends for that shit

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

Me thinks you missed the point as per usual. My point was, find a fucking girlfriend who wants to watch cool shit with you. It's really not hard actually. Last girl I watched movies with (she wasn't a girlfriend. I was kind of trying to dodge that ironically) we watched They Live and Pacific Rim. That's a girlfriend worth having. Not the ones who want to force you through two hours of cinematic garbage. Now if they actually like that type of cinematic garbage then that's fine, but just don't force me to go into it with you. They have girlfriends for that shit
              Did you ever consider that there's more to a person than their taste in films though? Literally every single person in my life has shit taste in movies and music. If your criteria for a girl is finding someone who likes the same movies you do, good luck finding a girlfriend at all.

Your admittedly not a sexual dude, and that's fine, but don't come on here being your typical condescending self acting as if you're above others because you can't be "whipped" into going to see a shitty film every once in a while.

Comment

Me thinks you missed the point as per usual. My point was, find a fucking girlfriend who wants to watch cool shit with you. It's really not hard actually. Last girl I watched movies with (she wasn't a girlfriend. I was kind of trying to dodge that ironically) we watched They Live and Pacific Rim. That's a girlfriend worth having. Not the ones who want to force you through two hours of cinematic garbage. Now if they actually like that type of cinematic garbage then that's fine, but just don't force me to go into it with you. They have girlfriends for that shit

Shockingly Seven is exactly on point. You're using your love of film as a barometer for a relationship. I used to do the exact same thing when I was an insufferable 19 year old fucking nerd. Life encompasses a great many things.

Kudos Seven. More often than not I don't agree with you when it comes to movies & especially music but you're wise beyond your years. I wish I had this same outlook when I was your age. Unfortunately I was more like obey what's her face only instead of posting on a message board I did alot of psp/coke & got laid alot.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                Jurassic World - 7/10
                Speed - 8.5/10
                John Wick - 9.5/10
                Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Why as mods even post that? Especially in the 2015 version of this site. This thread will be able to move on with people posting movies they've seen without giving any-kind of rating or thought about it; rinse & repeat. I mean really..

I mean really....

Guests/members look through this thread to see what people watch..They may not want to scroll and scroll past all this.

It's not that hard to move your posts to off topic...it doesn't cost you anything, it's free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                    I mean really....

Guests/members look through this thread to see what people watch..They may not want to scroll and scroll past all this.

It's not that hard to move your posts to off topic...it doesn't cost you anything, it's free.
                    The conversation is taking place in this thread.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                    Jurassic World - 7/10
                    Speed - 8.5/10
                    John Wick - 9.5/10
                    Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                      Did you ever consider that there's more to a person than their taste in films though? Literally every single person in my life has shit taste in movies and music. If your criteria for a girl is finding someone who likes the same movies you do, good luck finding a girlfriend at all.

Your admittedly not a sexual dude, and that's fine, but don't come on here being your typical condescending self acting as if you're above others because you can't be "whipped" into going to see a shitty film every once in a while.
                      Not for me. Film is a big part of my life, so I like girls with similar interests as that. Is that different than other discriminations that guys normally use such as good looks? I bet if some fugly chick had the same interests and personality you wouldn't even giver her the time of day. Everyone has some element of standards, but a lot of dudes simply draw the line at "cute, is a girl, will look at me". I'm insinuating that adding some form of compatibility personality and taste-wise is a lot more rewarding, and far less shameful. Sure you might suffer a few more nights of blue balls and loneliness, but you'll thank yourself for holding out.

Comment

The conversation is taking place in this thread.
                        And its gone on long enough, continue off topic.

Comment

Shockingly Seven is exactly on point. You're using your love of film as a barometer for a relationship. I used to do the exact same thing when I was an insufferable 19 year old fucking nerd. Life encompasses a great many things.
                          No you're simplifying. Film taste isn't the only standard that I'm implying one should hold a girlfriend up towards. It was an example, but not the limitation. I mean you should do it with personality in general. To put it bluntly, great girlfriends don't put you through horrible shit just because it's something they're interested in. They can do that with others with similar tastes (you know....friends), and spend time doing things with their guy that their guy actually LIKES to do. If that mutual interest is only touching each other and having sex, then your relationship isn't meaningful in the slightest if you ask me.

I wish I had this same outlook when I was your age. Unfortunately I was more like obey what's her face only instead of posting on a message board I did alot of psp/coke & got laid alot.
                          What the fuck? Are you serious dude?
                          Last edited by ObeySleepConform; 02-15-2015, 11:23 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                            And its gone on long enough, continue off topic.
                            Aw come on, it has to do with movies, and I stopped insulting them.

For now

It's a film discussion now.

Comment

Kudos Seven. More often than not I don't agree with you when it comes to movies & especially music but you're wise beyond your years. I wish I had this same outlook when I was your age. Unfortunately I was more like obey what's her face only instead of posting on a message board I did alot of psp/coke & got laid alot.

Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                              Not for me. Film is a big part of my life, so I like girls with similar interests as that. Is that different than other discriminations that guys normally use such as good looks? I bet if some fugly chick had the same interests and personality you wouldn't even giver her the time of day.
                              I wouldn't be interested in pursuing a relationship with that girl, but I would stoked as fuck to have her as a friend.

Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                              Sure you might suffer a few more nights of blue balls and loneliness, but you'll thank yourself for holding out.
                              Or I'll thank myself for experiencing different relationships with different women of different tastes and preferences... you know, what people typically do in life before they settle down.

It's painfully clear that you're using your own low sex drive and inability to connect with others on an emotional level to fuel your own delusions about what relationships can be.

Comment

No you're simplifying. Film taste isn't the only standard that I'm implying one should hold a girlfriend up towards. It was an example, but not the limitation. I mean you should do it with personality in general. To put it bluntly, great girlfriends don't put you through horrible shit just because it's something they're interested in. They can do that with others with similar tastes (you know....friends), and spend time doing things with their guy that their guy actually LIKES to do. If that mutual interest is only touching each other and having sex, then your relationship isn't meaningful in the slightest if you ask me.
                                My wife was my bank teller for 3 years before I asked her out. I never thought I'd rather hang out with any woman instead of my friends before I met her & our tastes are drastically different when it comes to film & music. (though she does like comic book films)

It's not the end all be all.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                                Jurassic World - 7/10
                                Speed - 8.5/10
                                John Wick - 9.5/10
                                Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Working...
                                X