• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
    The Quick and the Dead (1995)-8/10

I approve, great flick...

• Citizenfour (2014) - 8/10

Although much of the subject matter wasn't all that new to me, I've been following Snowden since reading about the leaked files and I didn't learn anything new it was still a good sight into Snowden's "life" at the time of leaking said files. It took real guts for everyone involved to film and release this documentary, I'm glad they did. The director Laura Poitra does a great job here, some of her shots were glorious like something out of a motion picture. Edward Snowden comes across as a really calm, well centred and thoughtful person rather than somebody just doing it to get their name out. All in all it is a real eye opener to everyone and hopefully ruins the reputations (whats left of them) of the US and UK. I for one would like to know more about the surveillance apparatus that is being used on every single one of us. If you don't know much about Edward Snowden, see this, if you do, see it still. Also Oliver Stone is to make a movie about his revelations.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
      2. Birdman (2014) - A. GonzŠlez IŮŠrritu
      3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
      4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
      5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
      6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
      7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
      8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
      9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
      10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post

I approve, great flick...
        I've never seen it before. Shocking considering it's Sam Raimi but yeah I loved it.

• Halloween III: Season of the Witch - 8.5/10

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
            Halloween III: Season of the Witch - 8.5/10
            I still think that this one would be considered a minor genre classic without the franchise name attached, though of course I'm far from the first person to point that out. It could definitely stand a remake as just Season Of The Witch.
            Do you know the terror of he who falls asleep?
            To the very toes he is terrified
            For the ground gives way under him
            And the dreams begin...

• Originally posted by ‹bermensch View Post
              I still think that this one would be considered a minor genre classic without the franchise name attached, though of course I'm far from the first person to point that out. It could definitely stand a remake as just Season Of The Witch.
              It is a classic in my eyes. Love it.

• Grave Halloween - 4.5/10

2015 Horror Draft
                In the Mouth of Madness

• Planet Hulk (2010)-9/10

• Tower Block - An effective low-budget thriller about the last residents of a tenement being picked off by a sniper. Has a super cool 80s retro synthesizer soundtrack at one point too. - 7.5/10

2015 Horror Draft
                    In the Mouth of Madness

• Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers - 7.5/10

Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers - 6/10

Mud - 9/10

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                        Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers - 6/10
                        Flip that 6 upside down.
                        Forgive me father, for I don't give a fuck.

• Clown, 2015. 6/10

Man From Nowhere, 2010. 9/10

• Gangs Of New York 5/5

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
                              Clown, 2015. 6/10
                              Gotta' say I was expecting a rating like that, from what I've read and seen some parts look decent...but on the other hand it comes off more as a [SPOILER]demonic/possession film[/SPOILER] rather then a honest to god killer clown film.

Clue (1985) - This is still one of my favorite comedies, one that holds up really well over repeat viewings due to all the various jokes (both blantant and subtle) they crammed in.
                              The level of human stupidity has gone too high, we must bring out the Brick Gun.

• Seen these over the last couple weeks

Ouija (2014) 4/10

A pair of young sisters grow up playing with a Ouija board, years later one sister dusts it off in her spare time and summons an evil spirit which kills her and the remaining sister gathers her friends to use the board to contact the departed for answers but only winds up conjuring the same spirit. Boring and predictable with an unlikable cast.

House of 1000 Corpses (2003) 7/10

Two young couples driving cross country in search of roadside oddities for a book their writing, hear about a local legend of "Dr. Satan" and go in search of his grave only to run afoul of a sadistic family of rednecks living in rural Texas. Shot in a music video style by director Rob Zombie, the film is a homage to 1970's horror. A fun entertaining film but not for all tastes.

The Devil's Rejects (2005) 9/10

The much improved sequel to House of 1000 Corpses. When their ranch is raided by the police what's left of the Firefly clan hits the road in order to escape the vengeful wrath of Sheriff Wydell (William Forsythe) and his pair of bloodthirsty biker thugs. Leaving bodies in their wake they must face their destiny in a showdown with justice. A far better story and improved characters make this film superior to it's predecessor.

What We Do in the Shadows (2014) 7/10

Agreeing to be filmed by a documentary crew in their New Zealand home, five vampires go about their nightly routines in hilarious situations involving their victims, nightclubs, the police and a pack of werewolves.

WolfCop (2014) 7/10

A small town alcoholic police officer is kidnapped and turned into a werewolf by a group of Satanists. He uses his new found powers to fight crime while on his beat. A decent horror comedy with great special effects.

Almost Human (2013) 7/10

After a man is sucked up into an extraterrestrial blue light in front of his girlfriend and best friend he returns years later but he isn't himself. He begins killing everyone he meets and impregnating the bodies with something sentient while on the hunt for his girlfriend and friend so they may join him. The acting is so-so but features some pretty cool practical special effects for a low budget film.

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978 ) 9/10

A small group of friends in San Francisco discover that the city and possibly the world is being invaded by aliens that arrive in the form of flower pods that replicate and replace humans while they sleep. It becomes a race against time for the survivors to stay awake long enough to escape and warn everyone. A rare remake that is actually better than it's predecessor. A terrific cast and top notch special effects.

The Interview (2014) 5/10
                                Boogie Nights (1997) 10/10
                                Dumb and Dumber To (2014) 7/10
                                Tron (1982) 7/10
                                Tron: Legacy (2010) 5/10
                                John Wick (2014) 7/10
                                Unbroken (2014) 8/10
                                Friday the 13th IV (1984) 8/10
                                Friday the 13th V (1985) 8/10
                                Friday the 13th VI (1986) 8/10
                                The Day (2011) 5/10
                                Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014) 8.5/10
                                Patton (1970) 10/10
                                MASH (1970) 8/10
                                Little Nicky (2000) 7/10
                                A Midsummer Night's Dream (1935) 8/10

MST3k - The Bat People (1974) 10/10
                                MST3k - Squirm (1976) 9/10
                                MST3k - The Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Stopped Living and Became Mixed-Up Zombies!!? (1964) 10/10
                                Last edited by Mr. Bill; 03-01-2015, 04:28 AM.