What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santa View Post

That was one hell of an intense found footage movie.
    I agree. Not groundbreaking in any way at all but definitely a solid film.

p.s. Willow Creek sucks hairy balls (pun totally intended)

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
      I agree. Not groundbreaking in any way at all but definitely a solid film.
      It did some interesting things, but I just didn't care for it. I'd actually preferred if it wasn't found-footage, since you can still do a dark and claustrophobic film without it (The Descent, for example).

Comment

• Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
        It did some interesting things, but I just didn't care for it. I'd actually preferred if it wasn't found-footage, since you can still do a dark and claustrophobic film without it (The Descent, for example).
        The only thing that I didn't like about it was that it just wasn't scary enough. It really had a great premise that they could've done anything with really, but I don't think they took full advantage of it. I guess what I'm saying is the build up was really good but the payoff lacked quite a bit. I still found it pretty entertaining. Not sure if it not being found footage would've helped or not. Sometimes it works for a film and sometimes it doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
          The only thing that I didn't like about it was that it just wasn't scary enough. It really had a great premise that they could've done anything with really, but I don't think they took full advantage of it. I guess what I'm saying is the build up was really good but the payoff lacked quite a bit. I still found it pretty entertaining. Not sure if it not being found footage would've helped or not. Sometimes it works for a film and sometimes it doesn't.
          The more subdued parts like the piano and the claustrophobic parts like crawling over the bones worked for me. The climax got too silly for me, and it felt like I was just sitting through a haunted house tour with monsters popping out around every corner.

Comment

The more subdued parts like the piano and the claustrophobic parts like crawling over the bones worked for me. The climax got too silly for me, and it felt like I was just sitting through a haunted house tour with monsters popping out around every corner.
            The ending was imo the best part, it bordered on a genius move as far as I am concerned. I mean, the 180° turn of the camera angle was the cherry on the cake and concluded/visualized the script perfectly.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• John Wick - 8.5/10

As Above, So Below (second viewing) - 7.5/10

Robocop (remake) - 6/10

Without a Paddle - 3/10

Soul Plane - 2/10

Filth - 8/10

Comment

• The Beverley Hillbillies (1993)-7/10

The Wizard of Speed and Time (198-9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

Soul Plane - 2/10

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Koyaanisqatsi (1982) - 10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                      lol yeah my wife loves that movie for some reason and I agreed to watch it. It's bad bad.

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
                      Koyaanisqatsi (1982) - 10/10

I have the Criterion set of all three of those. Amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

I have the Criterion set of all three of those. Amazing.
                        Awesome! I need to watch the other two.

Comment

Eat a dick Elf fucker.

Comment

Koyaanisqatsi (1982) - 10/10

Such an incredible experience.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• The last unicorn
                              jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Comment

• Forgot to post this yesterday...

A Field in England (2013) - 6/10

Not as good as Kill List or Sightseers, don't remember much of Down Terrace but Ben Wheatley is an up and coming director I have high hopes for. This film is more of an experience than anything, it would be getting a 5 if not for one great sequence that really is amazing to see, such great editing involved, brilliant direction throughout and the cast is very strong. It's more the story that fails to connect anywhere though, there are some good scenes but not much happens in between. Another plus point though would be it's use of soundtrack. I wouldn't recommend this to your average film fan, wouldn't take a hardcore fan to get through it but would take that kind of viewer to get the plus points about it.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                                2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                                3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                                4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                                5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                                6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                                7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                                8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                                9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                                10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment