• Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post

Such an incredible experience.
    It truly is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
      The Hunger Games - 6/10
      THG: Catching Fire - zzzzzzzzz/10 (sleepy time)

Well out of curiosity I jumped balls first into this saga and am not really understanding the love it gets. The first flick was better than average, actually it was better than I was expecting. But that ain't saying much.

I immediately jumped into the 2nd film and got about 20-30 mins in before the Sandman bitch slapped me into dreamland. Not certain if the movie caused it but I was feeling a bit tired when I pressed play. So....to be continued..........
      I can't speak for all the peeps on here, but a lot of the general love for the films you hear about is from peeps who've read the books. They did a great job bringing the books to life, and the cast has been excellent. I gotta admit, there's a lot in the first movie especially that I can see not being understood by someone who hasn't read the books. I felt they could have explained some things more thoroughly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
        I can't speak for all the peeps on here, but a lot of the general love for the films you hear about is from peeps who've read the books.
        Haven't read the books. Adore Catching Fire.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Starry Eyes - 7.5/10

Super stabby movie. It took all of the best elements of something like Contracted and put it to a significantly more interesting plot.

Comment

• "Dolls"....A fun, creepy, and campy little horror film from 1986. Special effects are good and the cast is actually fairly strong. The death scenes are cool and the setting of the movie builds up some nice spooky atmosphere!! Loved the toy soldier scene where the little fuckers shot the shit out of that one hitchhiker!! LOL!!

7/10

Comment

• "Nightcrawler"....An awesome thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal. Loved the pacing and thrilling events throughout the whole film. What a damn shame Gyllenhaal missed out on the Best Actor ballot for this years Oscars. With an overcrowded field this year, he came sooooo close!! Rene Russo is also wonderful and delivers a very strong supporting performance. Riz Ahmed as "Rick" is good in the role, but his character was an annoying little bitch!! Drama, action, great cinematography, awesome art direction, a solid screenplay, and an intense thrilling car chase all highlight the film!!

9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                I can't speak for all the peeps on here, but a lot of the general love for the films you hear about is from peeps who've read the books. They did a great job bringing the books to life, and the cast has been excellent. I gotta admit, there's a lot in the first movie especially that I can see not being understood by someone who hasn't read the books. I felt they could have explained some things more thoroughly.
                Well I finished Catching Fire and am about to watch Mockingjay. It's not nearly as bad as I was expecting honestly. The one thing I will say is that Catching Fire lacked a certain style the first film had. By that, I mean the 1st movie was ugly "underneath." Elizabeth Banks character had that amazing makeup job in the first film. Everything in the first movie looked like a "polished turd" and now in Catching Fire, everyone looks like they stepped out of a fucking Cosmo photo shoot. Even Jennifer Lawerence had tons of makeup on in CF but not much, if any, in the 1st film. Not sure if this was the directors choice or if all the actors saw how horrid (but genuine) they looked and demanded a change. Who knows. Anyways..

Catching Fire - 6.5/10

Comment

• Lone Star

A gentle, slow and absorbing film. All the little sub-plots reminded me of Twin Peaks and it worked well. Some of it did feel a little plodding, but somehow it all remained pretty gripping. The final revelation is stark and disturbing, but it's handled very well.

7/10

Bully

Very powerful. The acting was fantastic and the atmosphere was very realistic. It didn't feel like a movie murder, it felt chillingly real in a Heavenly Creatures kind of way. The directing felt quite pervy though with the camera constantly leering over young body parts. The sex was also very gratuitous, but I hear that this Larry Clark is a bit of a perv? It didn't detract too much from the overall power of the film though. I liked it a lot.

8/10
                  ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• House
                    jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Comment

• Gone Girl - 10/10 Wow.
                      http://slayersragex.dvdaf.com/

Comment

• Batman: Assault on Arkham (2014) - 6.5/10

While it had some faults, it's still incredibly entertaining and surprisingly gruesome.

Comment

• Death Race 2000 (1975) 8/10

Frankenstein!

Frankenstein!

Frankenstein!

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                            Well I finished Catching Fire and am about to watch Mockingjay. It's not nearly as bad as I was expecting honestly. The one thing I will say is that Catching Fire lacked a certain style the first film had. By that, I mean the 1st movie was ugly "underneath." Elizabeth Banks character had that amazing makeup job in the first film. Everything in the first movie looked like a "polished turd" and now in Catching Fire, everyone looks like they stepped out of a fucking Cosmo photo shoot. Even Jennifer Lawerence had tons of makeup on in CF but not much, if any, in the 1st film. Not sure if this was the directors choice or if all the actors saw how horrid (but genuine) they looked and demanded a change. Who knows. Anyways..

Catching Fire - 6.5/10
                            Well, the looks of the Games champions is kinda right out of the books. The Capital was all about extravagance and overindulgence. Some of it is gonna be the director too, since Francis Lawrence took over from Gary Ross. Ross' image was definitely grittier, but Lawrence got much more emotion out of the story.
                            Anyway, glad you didn't hate what you saw.
                            Not everyone likes every thing the same.

Comment

• Super Troopers - 9/10

Billy Club - 8/10

Comment

• Poseidon Rex - In no way a good movie; however, it was so ridiculously cheesy and silly, it was entertaining. Not as good as Sharknado 2, but better than Sharknado. - 5.5/10\

Gorky Park - I remembered liking this much better way back when. Definitely felt outdated now. - 6.5/10

Comment

Working...
                                X