Clear All

• Beyond the Dunwich Horror (200-8/10

Fear Clinic (2014)-8/10

Pretty Dead Things (2006)-8/10

Zombie Bloodbath 3: Undead Armageddon (2000)-7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
      Bully

but I hear that this Larry Clark is a bit of a perv? It didn't detract too much from the overall power of the film though. I liked it a lot.

8/10
      Yup, he is. Bless that man. And bless Bijou Phillips for allowing herself to be filmed like that the entire movie.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Bully

Very powerful. The acting was fantastic and the atmosphere was very realistic. It didn't feel like a movie murder, it felt chillingly real in a Heavenly Creatures kind of way. The directing felt quite pervy though with the camera constantly leering over young body parts. The sex was also very gratuitous, but I hear that this Larry Clark is a bit of a perv? It didn't detract too much from the overall power of the film though. I liked it a lot.

8/10
        Yep, Larry Clark is a total pedo. He does make good films but I wouldn't let my kids act in one of his films, ever.

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
        Well, the looks of the Games champions is kinda right out of the books. The Capital was all about extravagance and overindulgence. Some of it is gonna be the director too, since Francis Lawrence took over from Gary Ross. Ross' image was definitely grittier, but Lawrence got much more emotion out of the story.
        Anyway, glad you didn't hate what you saw.
        Not everyone likes every thing the same.
        HG: Mockingjay - 6.5/10

Is it wrong that I started rooting for Peta (Peter? whatever his name is) to snap Catniss' neck at the end? Now that would've been a nice kink in the story.
        They really should have gotten someone else to play President Snow. I really like Donald Sutherland but he isn't "evil" enough. He really is the weakest link in the story and he should be so much more.

Comment

• Girl House (2014) - 4/10

I must've saw a different movie from the people praising this. It would have worked had they put a bit of tension into a few scenes. I only continued to watch it for the hot girls, quite a good bit of T&A on offer. Main chick was hot as fuck and a good actress. Slaine was completely mis-cast though for me, this movie just didn't do much for me. Soundtrack was really good though and it has a few decent scenes but that's about it.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
          2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
          3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
          4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
          5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
          6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
          7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
          8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
          9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
          10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
            Girl House (2014) - 4/10 - I must've saw a different movie from the people praising this. It would have worked had they put a bit of tension into a few scenes. I only continued to watch it for the hot girls, quite a good bit of T&A on offer. Main chick was hot as fuck and a good actress. Slaine was completely mis-cast though for me, this movie just didn't do much for me. Soundtrack was really good though and it has a few decent scenes but that's about it.
            I liked this, thought it was a solid slasher although nothing spectacular. My only issue was that it went through the motions at times but overall I felt it delivered.

Why did you think loverboy was miscast? I liked the killer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
              I liked this, thought it was a solid slasher although nothing spectacular. My only issue was that it went through the motions at times but overall I felt it delivered.

Why did you think loverboy was miscast? I liked the killer.
              I'm probably being totally harsh on it I just expected a lot better going from reviews I've read and things I've seen on this board.

I just didn't see him as a psycho like that, I thought they could have gotten somebody better. He wasn't really creepy and I think they should have hidden his identity to begin with like a silhouette or something or just showing parts of him. The girls were all decent enough it was just Slaine I had a big problem with. Even him running around he just looked sloppy and out of place.. maybe that's the point I just didn't dig it at all.

AG DRAFT 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
                I'm probably being totally harsh on it I just expected a lot better going from reviews I've read and things I've seen on this board.
                Fair enough, the movie really isn't anything special so you can't go into it with high expectations.

I'd say if you can get your kicks out of a Wrong Turn or something then you'll likely enjoy this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                  Fair enough, the movie really isn't anything special so you can't go into it with high expectations.

I'd say if you can get your kicks out of a Wrong Turn or something then you'll likely enjoy this.
                  Yeah that's probably about right.

AG DRAFT 2015

Comment

• Bean (1997)-9/10

Comment

• Desperately Seeking Susan - 8/10

Exodus: Gods and Kings - 7/10

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                        Bean (1997)-9/10

One of my favourite comedies. It makes me howl every time! "Even though that she looks like an old bat with a cactus lodged up her backside..."

Insomnia

An underrated Nolan offering. Al Pacino and Robin Williams are both excellent and of course it is beautifully directed. It's definitely Chris' most conventional film, but he uses the conventions brilliantly. On second viewing I noticed a lot of similarities to Twin Peaks: City cop investigating the murder of a 17 year-old girl in a small town, murdered girl having it off with two men, James Hurley-type motorbike, hotel has almost exact features as The Great Northern, similar setting, reference to Leland etc.

Anywho it's a fantastic thriller which thoroughly grips and entertains. What a superb filmography Chris has. I'd rate:

9. Following- 7/10
                        8. Insomnia- 8/10
                        7. Batman Begins- 9/10
                        6. Memento- 10/10
                        5. The Dark Knight- 10/10
                        4. The Prestige- 10/10
                        3. The Dark Knight Rises- 10/10
                        2. Interstellar- 10/10
                        1. Inception- 10/10

I think
                        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Digging Up The Marrow (2014)-7/10.

The monsters in this are perfectly utilized and shown just the right amount and Ray Wise is excellent as always as the old kook whose lifelong obsession is The Marrow. However I can see the novelty of the other part of this being presented as a faux documentary by the insufferable Adam Green not holding up nearly as well on repeated viewings.

Comment

One of my favourite comedies. It makes me howl every time! "Even though that she looks like an old bat with a cactus lodged up her backside..."

Insomnia

An underrated Nolan offering. Al Pacino and Robin Williams are both excellent and of course it is beautifully directed. It's definitely Chris' most conventional film, but he uses the conventions brilliantly. On second viewing I noticed a lot of similarities to Twin Peaks: City cop investigating the murder of a 17 year-old girl in a small town, murdered girl having it off with two men, James Hurley-type motorbike, hotel has almost exact features as The Great Northern, similar setting, reference to Leland etc.

Anywho it's a fantastic thriller which thoroughly grips and entertains. What a superb filmography Chris has. I'd rate:

9. Following- 7/10
                            8. Insomnia- 8/10
                            7. Batman Begins- 9/10
                            6. Memento- 10/10
                            5. The Dark Knight- 10/10
                            4. The Prestige- 10/10
                            3. The Dark Knight Rises- 10/10
                            2. Interstellar- 10/10
                            1. Inception- 10/10

I think
                            Insomnia is pretty decent and you're right it does have similarities with Twin Peaks from a similar setting to a similar tone, minus the bat shit crazy stuff. I've always wanted to check out the original Norwegian film to compare the two, I've heard that the Norwegian one is slightly better, Nolan's being the more polished of the two.

AG DRAFT 2015

Comment

• I love Insomnia. It might be my favorite Nolan film, if we're talking purely his original stuff.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
                                I love Insomnia. It might be my favorite Nolan film, if we're talking purely his original stuff.
                                It's not original though.

AG DRAFT 2015