No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hole 3D 2009 (7.5/10) - Joe Dante gives us another family horror that's even less suitable for kids than his previous work . It's a decent concept with a cool finale but it needed to push the envelope and have some fun but instead it felt a little restrained and samey. Certainly has its moments though, a decent effort.
    Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 03-24-2015, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
      Man, your reviews are so damn long.
      Or is your attention span too short?

His reviews are just fine. I don't agree with 99% of his opinions but I've read worse on here.

Comment

• [B]7/10[/Expected this movie to just be a time killer but it was pretty damn good, but then again it might just be me cause i have a weakness for killer clowns. But this is not the slash fest i expected.

0/10 Fucking stinking pile of shite. thank fuck i didn't pay to watch it. looking back in the day shit movies were pretty entertaining with titles such as Boa vs Python, Ice Cream Man and Cradle of fear

6/10 first watched this movie back in 2001 with my dad and it always stood out. this is still a pretty fun movie but not as great as i thought it was when i was 10.

Comment

• Salem's Lot (1979) - Can't believe I never saw this before, but I think it was out of circulation for a long while from the 90s till today. Pretty impressive for a 1979 TV movie. And I can't believe some of the later to be big names who were in it. - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
            Salem's Lot (1979) - Can't believe I never saw this before, but I think it was out of circulation for a long while from the 90s till today. Pretty impressive for a 1979 TV movie. And I can't believe some of the later to be big names who were in it. - 8/10
            NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE? *Slap, Slap* haha just kidding theres plenty of movies i've not seen yet which i should have so i'm guilty too.

Salem's Lot is one of those movies which has become evergreen, so much so people class it as a movie rather than a tv movie or mini series. i have turned so many people to this title who have come back to me saying it's one of the best things they have seen. It's still effective to this day, i still get the jumps when i first see Mr.Barlow in the jail cell.

The remake was a pretty good attempt but it focused more on what the original missed out rather than blending the two. I know it's pretty cliche when people say that you have to check out the book but in this case i agree with them, it's a whole different experience and is a must i think.

Comment

• Star Trek: Into Darkness - 5/10

First time seeing it. Uninspired & rehashed.. It has a ton of action scenes that fall flat & whatever emotional beats it goes for fall flat too. And Cumberbatch is a good actor & all but having a baritone voice & pale skin isn't enough to make a good villain. His Khan is generic as fuck, especially when you compare him to Montalban. Definitely a step back from the 2009 film.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
              Jurassic World - 7/10
              Speed - 8.5/10
              John Wick - 9.5/10
              The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
              Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Formaldehide&Seek View Post
                NEVER SEEN IT BEFORE? *Slap, Slap* haha just kidding theres plenty of movies i've not seen yet which i should have so i'm guilty too.

Salem's Lot is one of those movies which has become evergreen, so much so people class it as a movie rather than a tv movie or mini series. i have turned so many people to this title who have come back to me saying it's one of the best things they have seen. It's still effective to this day, i still get the jumps when i first see Mr.Barlow in the jail cell.

The remake was a pretty good attempt but it focused more on what the original missed out rather than blending the two. I know it's pretty cliche when people say that you have to check out the book but in this case i agree with them, it's a whole different experience and is a must i think.
                I remember when it came out on TV - just the previews scared the shit out of everyone. I think by the time I was old enough and really into horror it stopped getting played on TV and was hard to find on video. Hell, I had to find a stream of it on the net to finally watch it.

The remake, on the other hand, I saw when it came out and was thoroughly unimpressed by it.

But to this day Salem's Lot remains my fave Stephen King book of all time. I think it's the best vampire story in the history of ever.

Comment

• Playing With Dolls, 2015. 3/10

Horrible.

Comment

• The Avengers - 9/10

Cannot wait for the second! gonna try to re watch most of the marvel movies before it comes out.

Comment

• The Slumber Party Massacre - 10/10

Mondo Cannibal - 8/10

In the Land of the Cannibals - 8/10

Comment

• Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006) - 7/10
                        Ivan's Childhood (1962) - 10/10
                        Vanishing Waves (2012) - 5/10
                        Bound (1996) - 9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                          Salem's Lot (1979) - Can't believe I never saw this before, but I think it was out of circulation for a long while from the 90s till today. Pretty impressive for a 1979 TV movie. And I can't believe some of the later to be big names who were in it. - 8/10
                          never saw it?!

An absolute classic in the Vampire department with probably the most effective and skin-crawling make up job ever. Mr. Barlow still looks so damn terrifying - those eyes and teeth - yikes!
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Fury (2014, David Ayer) - 7/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formaldehide&Seek View Post
                              It's still effective to this day, i still get the jumps when i first see Mr.Barlow in the jail cell.
                              That scene scared the shit out of me and the glowing eyes throughout the movie creeped me out. Barlow is one of the best Vampire designs I have ever seen.

I need to read the book, my only complaint about the film is the character relationships are all rushed. The author didn't really have a connection to the boy and they didn't develop him and the girl.

Comment

• Whiplash 10/10

Comment

Working...
                                X