What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
    More twisted? It was already pretty fucked up and twisted. Can't be compared to mindfucks like Martyrs or Irreversible, but it is still pretty fucked in its own right.

Man, your reviews are so damn long.
    Yeah I sort of wished it could've gone a bit further and really shocked like a lot of foreign horror (Funny Games, 13: Game of Death etc.) but really I'm contradicting myself because I kind of loved the fact it wasn't gratuitous and shocking for the sake of it *cough* Cannibal Holocaust.

As for my reviews being long. You don't have to read them
    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
      Yeah I sort of wished it could've gone a bit further and really shocked like a lot of foreign horror (Funny Games, 13: Game of Death etc.) but really I'm contradicting myself because I kind of loved the fact it wasn't gratuitous and shocking for the sake of it *cough* Cannibal Holocaust.

It's certainly fair to want, but I think it doing that might have undercut the rest of film. It had a pretty fun tone running throughout. If it matched the last 15 or 20 minutes, I think it would have detracted from the effect. The finale wouldn't have had the same weight. The progression worked well, in my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
        Whiplash 10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post

To summarize this comment:

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• 2/10

What an awful fucking movie! The only thing good about it was the "Freddy/Nintendo Power Glove" and all the cool horror film posters that were in the background in various rooms.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alkaline View Post
              It's certainly fair to want, but I think it doing that might have undercut the rest of film. It had a pretty fun tone running throughout. If it matched the last 15 or 20 minutes, I think it would have detracted from the effect. The finale wouldn't have had the same weight. The progression worked well, in my opinion.
              Yeah, I do agree.

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
              To summarize this comment:

That pretty much sums up my life as a whole
              ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• The Wizard of Gore original - 4/5
                The Jungle - 3/5
                The Butchers - 3.5/5 Good idea, but could have been a lot better.
                The Hospital - What a worthless piece of shit. Glad it was free, cause it's going in the trash.
                "Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
                H.P. Lovecraft

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post

2/10

What an awful fucking movie! The only thing good about it was the "Freddy/Nintendo Power Glove" and all the cool horror film posters that were in the background in various rooms.

So horrible you couldn't even post a working image of it apparently.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Color Me Blood Red - 6/10

Blood Feast 2: All U Can Eat - 8.5/10

Big Trouble in Little China - 10/10

Friday the 13th (2009) - 8/10

Edge of Tomorrow - 9/10
                    Last edited by ObeySleepConform; 03-25-2015, 05:46 PM.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Seen these over the last few days...

Alien (1979) 10/10

Set in the future, the space freighter Nostromo and it's seven crew members are heading home from a deep space mission when they receive a distress signal from a nearby planet. Ordered to respond they discover a crashed alien craft, while reconnoitering the vessel one of the crew is attacked by an alien that attaches itself to him. Once back on board the safety of their own vessel a new threat emerges and the crew is in deadly peril. Tense and creepy with a great cast and score.

Aliens (1986) 10/10

After spending fifty seven years drifting through space in suspended animation Ripley is rescued but no one believes her story of the Xenomorphs until contact is lost on the planet colony of LV-426 and the alien threat is suspected so Ripley leads a team of 'space marines' back to where it all began. Absolutely spectacular action and special effects, great cast and story a sequel that arguably surpasses it's predecessor. Oh and I don't care who thinks it's weird, Vasquez still gives me a boner!

Alien³ (1992) 7.5/10

Picking up where Aliens left off Ripley's ship has crashed landed on a prison planet leaving her the sole survivor once again. While awaiting a rescue ship she must fight off the advances of the penal colony's horny convicts and she also discovers that she was impregnated with an alien while in suspended animation and another alien has already hatched and is on the loose in the prison. Decent special effects and a good ending that should have been the series finale.

Dreamcatcher (2003) 6/10

Four friends who have all been bestowed with supernatural abilities by a childhood pal have gotten together at their secluded Maine cabin for a weekend of hunting and drinking but an alien invasion puts the stop to that when their area is quarantined and they must use their powers to save the world from both the alien threat and the government agents obsessed with covering it all up. Based on the novel by Stephen King.

Planet Terror (2007) 8.5/10

Experimental gas that was supposed to be a bio weapon gets released into the atmosphere at a Texas military base which begins turning people into slimy flesh eating zombies. A small group of survivors try to make it to safety while fighting through hordes of undead and corrupt military thugs. Shot in a 1970's grindhouse fashion. Neat special effects and a funny over-the-top script make for a fun watch.

Drive Angry (2011) 7/10

When his daughter is brutally murdered by Satanists and his granddaughter kidnapped for one of their rituals the wrathful father (Nicolas Cage) escapes from hell to hunt down the cult members and rescue the baby. A funny script and plenty of fun action but suffers from a weak villain and bad 3D effects.

The Aggression Scale (2012) 8.5/10

Four ruthless hitmen descend on a family in their rural home that they believe stole their bosses money but what they did not count on is the family's young son who is mentally unstable and the tables are turned when it's he who is hunting the hunters. It's an R rated Home Alone!

Mortdecai (2015) 4/10

The Devil's Own (1997) 7/10

The Hangover (2009) 8/10

Kingsman: The Secret Service (2014) 7/10 far better than I was expecting but I still loathe that main lead

The Boondock Saints (1999) 8/10

The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day (2009) 7/10

White House Down (2013) 1/10

Speed (1994) 8/10

Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann (1982) 6/10

The Poseidon Adventure (1972) 9/10

The Outlaw Josey Wales (1976) 10/10

The Dark Knight (2008 ) 9/10

Watchmen (2009) 10/10

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014) 6/10

Kalifornia (1993) 8/10

The Amazing Bulk (2013) 0/10

Tommy Boy (1995) 9/10 still brings the lolz

MST3k - Being From Another Planet (1982) 8/10
                      MST3k - Girls Town (1959) 7/10
                      MST3k - Warrior of the Lost World (1983) 7/10
                      MST3k - City Limits (1984) 8/10
                      MST3k - Laserblast (1978 ) 9/10

Last edited by Mr. Bill; 03-25-2015, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• You sure did watch a fuck ton of movies today Bill

Comment

• Before I Go to Sleep - 5.5/10
                          Clown - 5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                            Seen these over the last few days...

Alien (1979) 10/10

Aliens (1986) 10/10

Planet Terror (2007) 8.5/10

Drive Angry (2011) 7/10

The Aggression Scale (2012) 8.5/10

The Boondock Saints (1999) 8/10

Speed (1994) 8/10

The Dark Knight (2008 ) 9/10

Watchmen (2009) 10/10

Tommy Boy (1995) 9/10 still brings the lolz

White House Down (2013) 1/10
                            I like that one.

Olympus Has Fallen is superior, but IMO White House Down holds its own ground. Roland Emmerich is definitely a guilty pleasure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Formaldehide&Seek View Post
                              You sure did watch a fuck ton of movies today Bill
                              See below...

Originally posted by Mr. Bill View Post
                              Seen these over the last few days...

Comment

• Blast from the Past (1999)-9/10

Addams Family Values (1994)-9/10

Beavis & Butthead Do America (1996)-9/10

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Working...
                                X