What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
    Not aimed at you, just folk like you. I don't understand how you could watch a film on your phone
    Now that I've made the switch to an actual TV, I don't understand how I did it either.

Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
    Her 2013 (9.5/10) - Still digesting this movie, not quite sure what to say about it other than the effect it had on me was similar to Lost in Translation.

What We Do In the Shadows (2014, Jermaine Clement & Taika Waititi) - 8.5/10

Clown (2014, Jon Watts) - 4/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
      Whiteboyz - 7/10

Absolutely hilarious movie, especially when they go to the hood.

Leprechaun 4: In Space - 2/10

Guess I'll have a Leprechaun Hood marathon today.
      “I know you’re ‘good’ people. I know you mean well… But you just didn’t think it through…. There is only one path to peace… Your extermination.” - Ultron (Avengers: Age of Ultron)

Comment

• The Castle

I've never seen a Michael Haneke film I didn't like, until now. In fact, Michael Haneke is one of my favourite ever directors so this was a massive disappointment.

Of course the directing was pretty masterful for the most part. For some reason it's listed as TV movie on IMDb even though it was released theatrically for most places. It certainly doesn't look like any TV movie I've ever seen!

The acting is also really good, it's just the story. Apparently Michael adapted the book word for word so it feels more like a companion piece. The book ends mid-sentence because the author died and the film even ends this way too!

I have never heard of Frank Kafka or The Castle so I think the film went over my head. I didn't understand much of it, although I'm sure there's some intellectual message under there.

I just found it so boring. Some scenes seemed like they were going on forever and with little reason to. I didn't like any of the characters and I didn't care for K's desire to see the man in the castle, which is basically what the entire thing is about.

It's a shame because whilst all of Michael Haneke's films are slow, they've never been boring (apart from the last half of Benny's Video). The Castle is so so dull and I couldn't wait for it to end.

3/10
        ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Timvp View Post
          Absolutely hilarious movie, especially when they go to the hood.

Leprechaun 4: In Space - 2/10

Guess I'll have a Leprechaun Hood marathon today.
          Yea it was quite a wake up call for Flip. I love that "rap video fantasy" he has, that tractor with the rims and white walls Classic!

I saw all the Leprechaun movies on Netflix yesterday. I've never seen the space one or the 2 Hood movies ever. I should really check 'em out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
            My only complaint about Her is that the title is so short I can't find search results for it on this board. Jonze should have known better.

Glad you liked Housebound.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
              Her 2013 (9.5/10) - Still digesting this movie, not quite sure what to say about it other than the effect it had on me was similar to Lost in Translation.

Great movie, I need to watch this again.

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
              What We Do In the Shadows (2014, Jermaine Clement & Taika Waititi) - 8.5/10
              Also great, hilarious from start to finish!

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
              2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
              3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
              4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
              5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
              6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
              7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
              8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
              9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
              10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Blood Surf is pretty retarded yet I was mildly amused. A small crew goes to some South Pacific island to film surfing while chumming the water for sharks - "Blood Surf" and they summon a large saltwater crocodile. The movie is embellished with some boobs and some so stupid it's funny lines. This dish should be accompanied by an empty can of Reddi-whip for maximum effect.

/10

Comment

• Stretch - 9/10

This is a damn good movie. I have had it on my netflix queue for so long and just decided to watch it when I saw someone here give it a great rating (can't remember who though, darn) and they were right.

The Hasselhoff cameo was great but the Norman Reedus, from the Walking Dead, cameo was so fucking hilarious I nearly pissed myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                    Stretch - 9/10

This is a damn good movie. I have had it on my netflix queue for so long and just decided to watch it when I saw someone here give it a great rating (can't remember who though, darn) and they were right.

The Hasselhoff cameo was great but the Norman Reedus, from the Walking Dead, cameo was so fucking hilarious I nearly pissed myself.
                    That was prolly me. The Ray Liotta scene was pretty narley too.

Comment

• Dollman vs The Demonic Toys (1993)-7/10

Comment

• A Walk Among the Tombstones - Well, that was disappointing. It had such a slow, plodding pace, it just couldn't hold my interest. I'm not entirely sure where the plot went in the latter half of the movie. And the end just dragged on and on. - 3.5/10

Comment

• Mortal Kombat (1995)-7/10

Tango & Cash (1989)-9/10

Comment

• Sin City: A Dame To Kill For - What a frustrating movie. Frustrating because 50% of the movie is a very polished, worthy successor to the original. The other 50% is an amateurish hack job resembling The Spirit, which I can only assume was directed by Frank fucking Miller. No particular order either. Sequences randomly go from being obviously made by an inexperienced director, to masterfully executed by a guy who knows what the hell he's doing. What a shame.

6/10

Comment

• Frankenstein's Army

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                              A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                              http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                                Mortal Kombat (1995)-7/10

Tango & Cash (1989)-9/10

Was always bugged out by what they did with Scorpions spear in that movie. Why the fuck didn't they just have him throw it with extreme skill like he does in the game? Nope, gotta have some living snake demon whip thing.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X