X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election - 6.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
      Well see I don't like when people don't like the phrase "top notch for an indie" Most indie films I watch (and I watch A LOT) have some really piss poor acting and the acting in Found is much better than most I've seen. Pieces of Talent being a rare exception but still. I completely stand by my comment.
      Just because there's worse acting than that of Found doesn't mean the acting in Found is top notch for an indie film. Because again, budget has little bearing on acting talent. This comes from someone who's worked on Indie films and witnessed auditions. There are AMAZING actors and actresses who will do shit for free, much less for an actual paycheck.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ObeySleepConform View Post
        Just because there's worse acting than that of Found doesn't mean the acting in Found is top notch for an indie film. Because again, budget has little bearing on acting talent. This comes from someone who's worked on Indie films and witnessed auditions. There are AMAZING actors and actresses who will do shit for free, much less for an actual paycheck.
        Show me a list of said actors working today who would work on an indie horror film for nothing...

Budget has a lot to do with the acting talent you hire. You hire whoever you can afford AND whoever you feel did the best job in the audition.

I stand by my comment about the acting in Found being top notch for an indie film (but again that's in regard to the two brothers) There's definitely better acting in other indies out there but until you watch the vast amount of indie horror films I have you can't really comment on the issue.
        Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Zombeavers (2014)-9/10
          WolfCop (2014)-8/10
          Annabelle (2014)-7/10
          Hercules (2014)-8/10
          Ninja Assassin (2009)-9/10
          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

Show me a list of said actors working today who would work on an indie horror film for nothing...
            A list of working actors? Geek don't go full retard on me obviously when you start getting "regular" work you're going to start getting paid, but I've worked on films where NOBODY was getting paid, and they were just trying to get some exposure. That exposure is what leads to work and beefy resumes. And out of those people who'm I've seen work for free there were a few who were extremely talented. As I said, budget doesn't dictate acting quality.

Budget has a lot to do with the acting talent you hire. You hire whoever you can afford AND whoever you feel did the best job in the audition.
            That's assuming that people who can act will charge more than people who act like shit, which is simply false. I know from first hand experience Geek, trust me.

I stand by my comment about the acting in Found being top notch for an indie film (but again that's in regard to the two brothers) There's definitely better acting in other indies out there but until you watch the vast amount of indie horror films I have you can't really comment on the issue.
            Oh please, stop the elitism bullshit. I don't shovel half the vast amount of trash into my face as you do, but I still know how to appropriately judge a film's quality. I don't care if you made a film with a budget of a box of crackers, if the actings shit, it's shit. If it's good then it's good, even if the rest of the film is complete garbage. And watching more or less indie films has no bearing on that. It just means you're getting such a high influx of shitty acting that you're lowering your standards to match.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Hooper (197-9/10

Last edited by The Geek; 04-13-2015, 12:52 AM.
              Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Comment

A list of working actors? Geek don't go full retard on me obviously when you start getting "regular" work you're going to start getting paid, but I've worked on films where NOBODY was getting paid, and they were just trying to get some exposure. That exposure is what leads to work and beefy resumes. And out of those people who'm I've seen work for free there were a few who were extremely talented. As I said, budget doesn't dictate acting quality.
                And as I said I stand by my comments. I said that twice actually. No beefy paragraphs is going to change my opinion what so ever.

End of discussion on my end. You can continue on if you if makes you happy.
                Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Comment

And as I said I stand by my comments. I said that twice actually. No beefy paragraphs is going to change my opinion what so ever.

End of discussion on my end. You can continue on if you if makes you happy.
                  Oh you can stand by it. No problem with you having low standards.

Comment

Oh you can stand by it. No problem with you having low standards.
                    I like what I like. Don't like that? you can kiss my ass.
                    Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Comment

I like what I like. Don't like that? you can kiss my ass.
                      Did I not fucking say it's fine to have low standards? You were the one judging my review, not the other way around. Take that soul sista shit to pasture.

Comment

Did I not fucking say it's fine to have low standards? You were the one judging my review, not the other way around. Take that soul sista shit to pasture.
                        I just wanted your lips on my buttocks
                        Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Comment

I just wanted your lips on my buttocks
                          And I want a milkshake from Chik-Fil-A. We don't get what we want in this world.

Comment

• Carnival Of Souls

These oldies remind me of old a twilight Zone episodes.

Just longer.
                            jIMMY jOE'S GOT THE BALL AND WON'T GIVE IT UP!"

Comment

• Originally posted by trachea View Post
                              Carnival Of Souls

These oldies remind me of old a twilight Zone episodes.

Just longer.
                              I love Carnival of Souls. Probably my second favorite B&W horror film right behind NotLD.

Comment

Go to any college or drama club in North America and you'll find better actors than those in Found.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Working...
                                X