Clear All

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
    Sorcerer (1977, William Friedkin) - 7/10
    One of my favorites.

Comment

• INDIANA JONES AND THE TEMPLE OF DOOM
      "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Unfriended - Undoubtedly a film that will be loved or hated, I gotta say, for the most part the filmmakers pulled it off, making a movie that takes place entirely on a computer screen. You'll never look at social media the same. - 7.5/10
        Traitor - 8.5/10
        Spiral - 7/10

Comment

• Shame 2011 (9/10) - Really well made depiction of sex addiction that painfully drags you to Brandon's rock bottom. The closing scene felt perfect as well, McQueen is definitely one of the best working directors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
            Shame 2011 (9/10) - Really well made depiction of sex addiction that painfully drags you to Brandon's rock bottom. The closing scene felt perfect as well, McQueen is definitely one of the best working directors.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Don't think I could really pick one film over the other of McQueens work. 12 Years is the grandest but Hunger and Shame have more replay value for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                Unfriended - Undoubtedly a film that will be loved or hated, I gotta say, for the most part the filmmakers pulled it off, making a movie that takes place entirely on a computer screen. You'll never look at social media the same. - 7.5/10
                You may like Open Windows if you haven't seen it yet. Directed by Nacho Vigalondo, he also directed Timecrimes.

Only Lovers Left Alive - 8/10
                Good Kill - 8.5/10

Both great films. Wasn't sure I'd enjoy Good Kill or not but it was great.

Comment

• An American Werewolf in London - 10/10

The Fast and the Furious - 9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
                    Don't think I could really pick one film over the other of McQueens work. 12 Years is the grandest but Hunger and Shame have more replay value for me.
                    Shame is my favorite of the bunch, even if 12 Years would probably be the "best" of his work. It put me through the ringer both emotionally and physically in ways that few films have ever done, and exposed me to a type of addiction that I previously thought was a joke. Hit me very hard once the credits started to roll and I realized that there were countless others in real life struggling with the same thing as Fassbender was in that movie. And there I was two hours earlier thinking their struggle wasn't real. Gave me a lot of perspective regarding mental illness.

So yeah, that's my fave of McQueen's.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                      You may like Open Windows if you haven't seen it yet. Directed by Nacho Vigalondo, he also directed Timecrimes.
                      Watched Open Windows the other day. Like it for the first 2/3, but the last 20 minutes or so it just became too ridiculous for me.

Confessions (Kokuhaku) - 8/10

Comment

• The Sheik
                        VHS Viral
                        The Houses October Built

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                        A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                        http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Billy Club (2013)-8/10

The Demon's Rook (2013)-9/10

Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Under The Skin, 2013. 7/10

Comment

• THE DEAD (2010)

I watched this on Horror channel last night. Fairly average, low-budget zombie film. Not bad.
                              "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

Shame is my favorite of the bunch, even if 12 Years would probably be the "best" of his work. It put me through the ringer both emotionally and physically in ways that few films have ever done, and exposed me to a type of addiction that I previously thought was a joke. Hit me very hard once the credits started to roll and I realized that there were countless others in real life struggling with the same thing as Fassbender was in that movie. And there I was two hours earlier thinking their struggle wasn't real. Gave me a lot of perspective regarding mental illness.

So yeah, that's my fave of McQueen's.
                                Yeah, that's well put. What did you think of Fassbenders willy?

Codes of Conduct looks interesting but I wish he was making something for theatrical release.

Comment

Working...
                                X