No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Night Of The Living Dead "....A superb 1968 classic and the best horror film of its kind. It has suspense, thrills, spooky atmosphere, drama, good ensemble acting, tight directing and editing, a wonderful music score, and gore!! Duane Jones is terrific in the lead role. It is sad we lost the man in his 50's in 1988. He was a wonderful actor!! Judith O"Dea is solid too. I felt so sorry for "Barbara" when she began to lose her mind and then later in the movie was taken by her zombie brother. Judith's portrayal of her character is heartbreaking. Especially towards the end when her senses began to come back, but it was too late for her. Also good in their role is the cute Keith Wayne as "Tom". Everyone else was "ok" performance wise. No one does zombie films like Romero. He is the best!! NOTLD is a horror masterpiece and a huge part of film history!!

10/10

Comment

• "Dawn Of The Dead (197 8 )....This is the ULTIMATE zombie movie!! The epic of zombie movies!! Romero sure outdid himself with this one. Great adventure/action, terrific suspense, fantastic gore effects...as well as some hearty camp and fun!! Ken Foree and Scott Reiniger are the best out of the 4 leads. David Emge was "ok"..and Gaylen Ross is "alright". However, David Emge does a brilliant zombie performance in the end. But I think it is Reiniger and Foree that really stand out the most. I absolutely love the bikers being eaten alive and the zombies being blasted and hammered in all sorts of ways. No one makes zombie movies as great as Romero. He is the best!! Wonderful music score(along with some campy tracks), great cinematography, solid screenplay, and more top notch directing. I gave NOTLD a "10/10"...and I have to repeat the high rating for this one. One of the greatest horror movies ever!! A zombie movie masterpiece!!

10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
        "Night Of The Living Dead "....A superb 1968 classic and the best horror film of its kind. It has suspense, thrills, spooky atmosphere, drama, good ensemble acting, tight directing and editing, a wonderful music score, and gore!! Duane Jones is terrific in the lead role. It is sad we lost the man in his 50's in 1988. He was a wonderful actor!! Judith O"Dea is solid too. I felt so sorry for "Barbara" when she began to lose her mind and then later in the movie was taken by her zombie brother. Judith's portrayal of her character is heartbreaking. Especially towards the end when her senses began to come back, but it was too late for her. Also good in their role is the cute Keith Wayne as "Tom". Everyone else was "ok" performance wise. No one does zombie films like Romero. He is the best!! NOTLD is a horror masterpiece and a huge part of film history!!

10/10
        This is for me, the only really great Romero film. The black & white gives it such an eerie quality and I like the fact that it was so low-budget. I remember watching this for the first time on late-night TV when I was a kid; I was terrified! and THAT ending left such an impression. This is a true classic of Horror.
        "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• TWO MULES FOR SISTER SARA

One of Clint's lesser-known Westerns. There's not that much action compared to say, HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER or any of the 'Dollars' films but still a fun watch. I enjoy the chemistry and dynamic between Eastwood and Shirley MacLaine and there's a nice, quirky 'Spaghetti-esque' score by the great maestro Ennio Morricone.
          "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
            The Man Who Fell to Earth (1976, Nicolas Roeg) - 8.5/10

Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) - 5/10

Comment

• It Follows - 2.5/5

Great score and some tension but I found it pretty disappointing. Just didn't vibe with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                It Follows - 2.5/5

Great score and some tension but I found it pretty disappointing. Just didn't vibe with me.

I guess we are the only two here who didn't like it.
                Couldn't get into as well. It has a good overall atmospheric vibe and score, but everything else just fell flat for me. The Babadook and What We Do In The Shadows were my top indies last year, both imo easily surpass this one.
                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Dances With Wolves 8.5/10

Was the scene near the end with the wolf really necessary?

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• The Babadook - 3/5

The two main performances are so strong in this one and that's what keep me intrigued. Maybe too much hype skewered my viewing because t I wasn't blown away. Honestly, I wasn't sure what to expect as I went in blind but thought it may have been more creature feature than psychological. Not a bad movie at all but I wasn't wowed by it. I have a feeling my mind will change after a rewatch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                      It Follows - 2.5/5

Are y'all going to the theater to see this? Or is it online somewhere?

Comment

• "Day Of The Dead"....Romero's 3rd zombie movie is a riot!! Tons of blood and gore, a shit load of swearing, drama, shocking deaths, and Romero's BEST and strongest cast out of his original trilogy..make this movie a must see. Lori Cardille delivers a thrilling and solid performance. Her characters breakdown scene gets me a bit misty eyed from time to time. LOL!! Terry Alexander(John) and Jarlath Conroy(Bill) are impressive...while Joe Pilato is terrific as "Rhodes". Tom Savini's makeup effects are devastating and outstanding!! About time he won that blasted Saturn Award for makeup after 2 previous nominations. Gotta give props to Howard Sherman as "Bub" too. The best performance I have seen for someone playing a zombie. Special mention to Richard Liberty as "Logan"....who was also solid in a terrific supporting turn. Day Of The Dead ranks in 3rd place for me with Romero's original trilogy. But it is one fantastic zombie movie for the mid 80's. Since I have rated Night and Dawn both 10/10...Day gets that rating too. The original trilogy is outstanding!!

10/10

Comment

• "Night Of The Living Dead (1990).....I love this remake. I think Tom Savini did a great job on this movie..his directing debut. Tony Todd is fantastic as "Ben". He was just as good as Duane Jones, if not a little better. Patricia Tallman delivered a solid performance as "Barbara". The writing for her character was an awesome change from the original. Very engaging performances by both leads. Tom Towles, Katie Finneran, and McKee Anderson were just "ok" in their roles. The last standout from those 3 I just mentioned is William Butler(Tommy). He was actually pretty good. I also like Savini's twists and turns throughout the movie like the cemetery scene and ending. After all it is a remake and the director has to put a bit of his OWN spin on the movie. Great makeup effects, shocks, surprises, suspense, some intense atmosphere, and fine directing all highlight the movie. This remake is a top notch comparison to the original...and Tom Savini did a wonderful job. I am sure he did George Romero proud. Great early 90's classic!!

9/10

Comment

• Ricky 6, 2000. 7/10

Say it. Say you love Satan.

Comment

• A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night - 6/10

Comment

• Mean Creek, 2004. 6/10

Comment

Working...
                                X