What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
    A couple of Russian punks fucked with the wrong guy. All the story you need to know.
    Exactly.

It's good for what it is, but completely undeserving of all the hype. How people can find such enjoyment in Keanu Reeves flipping people on their back for 90 minutes I'll never know.

Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
    It Follows - 10/10

Instant classic.

Originally posted by Santa View Post
    The cow has to be milked, I bet my ass that there will be a sequel and most likely equally as boring as the original.
    Originally posted by Rusted View Post
    No shit.
    Sequel has already been greenlit.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
    I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• ABC's Of Death 2 - Huge improvement over the original, which I found hard to make it all the way through. Not the case with this one. Nearly all of the stories held my attention, and the two hours flew by. I can only think of two real stinkers in the bunch(B and F), with the rest ranging from interesting to great. They're not all winners of course, but I was never bored. Good stuff.

8/10

Comment

• Being John Malkovich (1999, Spike Jonze) - 7.5/10

Comment

• Silkwood

Dull.

4/10

Life is Beautiful

I'm surprised by how universally popular this film is. The first half is a zany romcom in the style of Laurel and Hardy, whilst the second-half is a melancholic tragedy. This brand of humour won't be to everyone's taste (it was very much mine, I found it hilarious!) however, it's difficult to deny the sheer power of this film.

Some people call it a disgrace as it tries to make a comedy out of the holocaust, however I'd disagree. This film is about a father trying to protect the innocence of his son and it's absolutely heart-breaking to watch. By the end of it, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. This is something that has only happened once or twice during a film.

This is passionate filmmaking which is rare to see. Roberto acts, writes and directs to the absolute best of his ability and it's extraordinary.

9/10

Dredd

Basically The Raid with more bells and whistles. I didn't think it was all that. We've seen gorier films with better characters, however it was very nice to look at. Some of the dialogue was very corny but overall it was fun, entertaining and never boring. The villain was pretty lame though.

6/10
          ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
            Exactly.

It's good for what it is, but completely undeserving of all the hype.
            It's completely deserving. This is a really great vid on why so few action flicks today truly hit the mark:

[YOUTUBE]eac0lXfMs9c[/YOUTUBE]

Couldn't agree more with all of that.

How people can find such enjoyment in Keanu Reeves flipping people on their back for 90 minutes I'll never know.
            Way more shootings of the face and head than people flipping. And a very key ingredient is that you root for the guy. I thought that to be impossible for a Keanu Reeves flick.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
            Jurassic World - 7/10
            Speed - 8.5/10
            John Wick - 9.5/10
            The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
            Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Being John Malkovich (1999, Spike Jonze) - 7.5/10
              Great film, almost drafted it. Throught it would go over many a board members head though.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
              2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
              3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
              4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
              5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
              6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
              7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
              8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
              9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
              10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                Way more shootings of the face and head than people flipping.
                My bad. That makes it so much better.

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                And a very key ingredient is that you root for the guy. I thought that to be impossible for a Keanu Reeves flick.
                I didn't.

Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
                Great film, almost drafted it. Throught it would go over many a board members head though.
                It would.

Comment

My bad. That makes it so much better.
                  In the context of an action film, uh, yeah.

I didn't.
                  You also find things that people say funny even when you don't know what they're saying.

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                  Jurassic World - 7/10
                  Speed - 8.5/10
                  John Wick - 9.5/10
                  The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                  Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

• Unfriended (Levan Gabriadze, 2015)

Eh, had sort of low expectations going in and I have to say they were met. Props to the editing team on this one, but that's all I can really say. Dull, gimmicky fare.

4/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                      In the context of an action film, uh, yeah.
                      Sure.

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                      You also find things that people say funny even when you don't know what they're saying.
                      You don't have to remember the details of a joke to remember that you found it funny.

Comment

• 10/10 for It Follows? Really? Did we actually watch the same movie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                          It Follows - 10/10

Isn't it great when you have high expectations for a movie and not only are they met, but exceeded by a mile. I just pray this doesn't get ruined with any unwelcome sequels. The soundtrack is just amazing too, one of the best.

Sorry to break the news to you, but sequel in the works. 'splaining it will only weaken the storyline, I fear. May not bother watching any sequels.

MST3K: Godzilla vs. Megalon - 8/10

Comment

• That's one of my favorite Godzilla movies. I've always liked Megalon.

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                            A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                            http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                              ABC's Of Death 2 - Huge improvement over the original, which I found hard to make it all the way through. Not the case with this one. Nearly all of the stories held my attention, and the two hours flew by. I can only think of two real stinkers in the bunch(B and F), with the rest ranging from interesting to great. They're not all winners of course, but I was never bored. Good stuff.

8/10
                              Agreed for the most part. I didn't care for B and F but thought they were more watchable than P (although its not as nearly as bad as M from the original)
                              Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheReturnOfSarsoor View Post
                                10/10 for It Follows? Really? Did we actually watch the same movie?
                                Nah we watched a different one.

Comment

Working...
                                X