No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Machete 2010 (6/10) - This didn't really do it for me as much as I hoped but it is mindless fun. My main problem was it didn't feel like a grindhouse movie but more a tacky tv show with CGI gore.

Comment

• Head Trauma - I really only rented it because: A. it was filmed in my hometown of Scranton, PA and B. was directed by the guy who directed The Last Broadcast, which I really liked. I gotta say, for a no-budget, no-name indie, it wasn't half bad. The only real problem I had was, even though it was a psychological thriller, it was a bit too confusing until everything was explained at the end. - 5.5/10
      These Final Hours - I thought it was going great until it reached the rave. That whole section of the movie just wasn't done well. Aside from that, it was OK. - 6.5/10
      Deliver Us from Evil (2006) - This docu just reminded me how glad I am I wasn't raised Catholic. Well made and shocking. - 8/10
      Thought Crimes: The Case of the Cannibal Cop - Not very well made docu. It was ridiculously biased as to saying that idiot did nothing wrong and was railroaded by a Big Brother system. It really bothered me that it never pointed out that the main reason there was all the fuss was because the rape-cannibal fetishist was a fucking NYC cop - someone who is trained how criminals work, how they get away with crimes, and also has training that could enable him to kidnap, rape and kill someone and not get caught. And bought the gear he would need for it. And the objects of his obsession were women he fucking knew - not some random methheads off the docks. Fuck him, he should be in prison. (OK unplanned rant over.) - 5.5/10

Comment

• Zombeavers

Mickey's Tavern Forum
        A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
        http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Searching for Bobby Fischer - 8/10
          Radio Flyer - 8/10

Two favorites from my childhood that still hold up well today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
            Searching for Bobby Fischer - 8/10
            Radio Flyer - 8/10

Two favorites from my childhood that still hold up well today.
            Almost drafted that as well.

Comment

• Mad Max; Fury Road, 2015. 6/10

It was alright. I didn't warm up to Max til the near end. Nux, a War Boy and pictured above was my favorite character. Everyone , everything else was mediocre. I think the next movie they make will be much better. Thats it. : )

Comment

• BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF

I never get bored of watching this film. Costume drama / Adventure / Horror / Martial Arts / Western hybrid. In French.

The production design and cinematography is lush and multi-layered. There are some great transitions a d compositions - so unique and beautiful to look at. Great cast including Vincent Cassel and Mark Dacascos as 'Mani' - Bad-Ass! And of course... Monica Bellucci.
                "When you have to shoot, shoot don't talk."

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                  Almost drafted that as well.
                  Yeah Searching for Bobby Fischer is a great film. It's what got me into playing chess as a kid. And there are a ton of great actors in it that I didn't realize until watching it yesterday. Ben Kingsley, William H. Macy, Tony Shalhoub, it's packed full of great actors. And maybe the BIGGEST star of all....The L.A. Gear Regulators!!!

*For those of us that couldn't afford Reebok Pumps*

Comment

• The Purge: Anarchy - This a great concept and quite a few scenes in this were pretty harrowing. I thought they did a great job building up the chaotic atmosphere. Maybe a third is in order because this could get crazier and bloodier. 7.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                      Yeah Searching for Bobby Fischer is a great film. It's what got me into playing chess as a kid. And there are a ton of great actors in it that I didn't realize until watching it yesterday. Ben Kingsley, William H. Macy, Tony Shalhoub, it's packed full of great actors. And maybe the BIGGEST star of all....The L.A. Gear Regulators!!!

*For those of us that couldn't afford Reebok Pumps*
                      I remember the L.A Gear light up shoes but I don't recall the regulators.

I almost drafted Jack The Bear also, you ever check that one out?

Comment

• Transsiberian (2008, Brad Anderson) - 6.5/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Preservation 2014 (7/10) - Backwoods survival horror that is probably best described as Eden Lake Lite. Despite a few flaws in logic it gets your primal juices flowing and offers a fairly strong entry to the sub-genre.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                            I remember the L.A Gear light up shoes but I don't recall the regulators.

I almost drafted Jack The Bear also, you ever check that one out?
                            Awww dude? You don't remember the Regulators? Too bad. They were very rad

And I've never seen Jack the Bear. But I did just check it out and I love Danny DeVito so I'll try to check it out soon.

Comment

• The Human Centipede III, 2015. 7/10

Dieter Laser is FUCKING INSANE. If anything, watch this for his performance. The second film is still my favorite.

Comment

• Poltergeist (2015)

What a waste of a Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X