Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wonderlust View Post
    Mad Max; Fury Road, 2015. 6/10

It was alright. I didn't warm up to Max til the near end. Nux, a War Boy and pictured above was my favorite character. Everyone , everything else was mediocre. I think the next movie they make will be much better. Thats it. : )
    Even the Doof Warrior?

57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

• Nightlight - It's cheesy and gauche, but up until the last 12 minutes or so, there was just something about it I found entertaining. Actually had some surprising (in a good way) moments. Had it not had a stupid explanation for what was going on in the woods, it would have been more effective. - 6.5/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Mayday View Post
        Thought Crimes: The Case of the Cannibal Cop - Not very well made docu. It was ridiculously biased as to saying that idiot did nothing wrong and was railroaded by a Big Brother system. It really bothered me that it never pointed out that the main reason there was all the fuss was because the rape-cannibal fetishist was a fucking NYC cop - someone who is trained how criminals work, how they get away with crimes, and also has training that could enable him to kidnap, rape and kill someone and not get caught. And bought the gear he would need for it. And the objects of his obsession were women he fucking knew - not some random methheads off the docks. Fuck him, he should be in prison. (OK unplanned rant over.) - 5.5/10
        I thought it was pretty fair and unbiased. The "Big Brother" thing was just an element to the case. I don't think the doc leaned one way or the other.

I do agree that he went a little further than "just talking about it", as he shared photos of potential victims(including his wife), and illegally searched a police database for info on one of the girls he talked about. There seems to be some intent there, but who knows?

I'm glad he was at least publicly shamed though. They might have stopped him from doing something, even if he didn't get jail time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
          Awww dude? You don't remember the Regulators? Too bad. They were very rad

And I've never seen Jack the Bear. But I did just check it out and I love Danny DeVito so I'll try to check it out soon.
          It's a good one! Danny plays a Horror TV Show Host
          <a href=https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg target=_blank>https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNs0YcCVAAEiEHI.jpg</a>
          R.I.P.

Comment

• White Settlers, 2014. 7/10

British home invasion film and yes, there were pig masks. It was shot entirely at night and the cinematography was beautiful.

Comment

• Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (1985) - 3.5/10
              Last edited by Yggdrasil; 05-23-2015, 11:24 AM.

Comment

• Django Unchained

One of Quentin's very best.

10/10

Oasis

A completely un-Hollywood rom com. I loved the strong atmosphere of realism. The acting was superb, especially the cerebal palsy girl who was absolutely astonishing. This was such a sweet film filled with fantastic moments. Nothing is romanticised or sentimental, yet the love feels so real. The ending was a little underwhelming though.

8/10
                ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Freddy_Lives View Post
                  It's a good one! Danny plays a Horror TV Show Host
                  Really? That's awesome! I'm a horror host fiend

Sci-Fighters - 6.5/10
                  Parallels - 7/10

Can't believe Parallels ended like that. I think it would make a better TV show than a movie with sequels. If it ever gets a sequel that is.

Comment

• The Human Centipede III (Final Sequence) - 7/10

The Ewok Adventure - 6/10

Ewoks: The Battle for Endor - 7/10

Comment

• Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas (1998, Terry Gilliam) - 8/10

Fear and Desire (1953, Stanley Kubrick) - 6/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Poltergeist (2015) - Ugh. Completely lacked the fun, the scares, the mystery and the sympathetic characters that made the original a classic. And, while I understand they mixed up some of the things happening to different characters than the original to keep you offguard, I can't believe they left out the big climactic swimming pool scene. I could go on and on about what they did wrong, but I'll just conclude by recommending you give this one a pass and go watch the 1982 one instead. - 3/10

Comment

• Gremlins 2: The New Batch 1990 (6/10) - It has its moments and some cool practical effects but instead of a story it's just a mishmash of skits and pop culture references. Christopher Lee and a returning cast all felt wasted.

Comment

• Slow West [2015] 9.5/10

Comment

• Hi-8 (2013) - 7/10

Comment

• The Drownsman (2014) - 7/10

Comment

Working...
                                X