What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Cannibal Ferox - 9/10 (a little slow in the middle but pays off huge... amazing Grindhouse Releasing blu-ray)
    I like Cannibal Holocaust so I should probably give this a watch. I've always been put off by its reputation but I guess it's a fine line between good shock and bad shock and it's about time I decide for myself.

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
    Was it your fist viewing?
    Freudian slip?

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
      I like Cannibal Holocaust so I should probably give this a watch. I've always been put off by its reputation but I guess it's a fine line between good shock and bad shock and it's about time I decide for myself.

Freudian slip?
      Definitely give it a watch... Not as gritty or shocking but it comes close. Covers a lot of the same ground

Originally posted by The Geek View Post
      Was it your fist viewing?
      I saw it once years ago but ultimately this was my first proper viewing

Comment

Freudian slip?

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        I saw it once years ago but ultimately this was my first proper viewing
        Gotcha.

Glad you dug it!

Comment

• Play Misty For Me (1971) - 8/10

Enjoyed this a lot. It started off a bit dull with not much happening but it builds to a great finale, the ending made this for me. Clint doesn't put in a great performance but he is good here as are the two main female actresses, with probably Jessica Walter as Evelyn stealing the show. Decent directing for Clint's directing debut and the film looks very good as well.

Kumiko The Treasure Hunter (2014) - 9/10

Absolutely loved this from start to finish, the story, the performances (especially the main actress), the direction, soundtrack. Based on the urban myth misinterpretation of actual events. Gonna watch this again sometime real soon!

Mean Streets (1973) - 9/10

Scorsese's first masterpiece. Wonderful direction and cinematography and a fantastic soundtrack are second to Keitel and DeNiro's performances here. The two of them tke control of the film early on and never let go, it's hard to work out who's the better of the two. Mean Streets is a very good character study and at times moving, the screenplay was brilliant. It is very low budget so it does have it's flaws here and there but it's a very raw film and deserves to stand shoulder to shoulder with Scorsese greats like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and Goodfellas.

Upstream Color (2013) - 7/10

I liked what I seen but in no way shape or form do I understand all that it was saying so this one is gonna get re-watched next week and will have a proper rating then, I hope .

Dawg Fight (2015) - 7.5/10

Interesting, sad, depressing, powerful. I didn't actual think it would of been that good or would have resonated with me the way it did. Liked this a lot.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
          2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
          3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
          4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
          5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
          6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
          7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
          8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
          9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
          10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair - 10/10
            Fortress - 7/10

Comment

It's good, don't expect Cannibal Holocaust good. But still good.

Kind of like it's retarded little brother.

Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
              Play Misty For Me (1971) - 8/10
              Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post

Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair - 10/10
              "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                [B][COLOR="Yellow"]Kill Bill: The Whole Bloody Affair - 10/10
                You made that up.

3:10 To Yuma - One of the most under-appreciated films of this generation. This is up there with "The Thing" in terms of remakes that improved upon their original vision. Nearly perfect.

9/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                  You made that up.
                  Wrong. It's an edit of the original two films.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                    Wrong. It's an edit of the original two films.
                    Anotherwords, not official. Anotherwords, bullshit. Okay, good.

Comment

Anotherwords, not official. Anotherwords, bullshit. Okay, good.
                      Not official per se, but I believe it's the original version used at Cannes back in 2003 before it was split into two movies. That's something worth seeing.

edit

And QT was in charge of it. About as official as you can get without a proper studio release.
                      Last edited by Se7en; 06-13-2015, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxley View Post
                        It's good, don't expect Cannibal Holocaust good. But still good.

Kind of like it's retarded little brother.
                        Holocaust is definitely the better movie but Ferox is a sleazy fun time.

Mike Logan is one of my favorite characters from Italian cinema. He's such a despicable fuck that he deserves every terrible thing that happens to him

"Get off my case motherfucker!"

Comment

You made that up.
                          Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                          Not official per se, but I believe it's the original version used at Cannes back in 2003 before it was split into two movies. That's something worth seeing.

edit

And QT was in charge of it. About as official as you can get without a proper studio release.
                          The one I watched is a fan-edit done by Dr. Saperstein (Link to site here). They do lots of great stuff. And it is supposed to officially release sometime this year actually, with an extended anime version of Chapter 3: The Origin of O-Ren, which will be 30 minutes long.

Comment

The one I watched is a fan-edit done by Dr. Saperstein (Link to site here). They do lots of great stuff. And it is supposed to officially release sometime this year actually, with an extended anime version of Chapter 3: The Origin of O-Ren, which will be 30 minutes long.
                            Ah. Original version regardless.

Take your L Heretic.

Comment

• Jurassic World - 8/10
                              Stranger Than Fiction - 8/10
                              The Coven - 1/10

Comment

It needs to. I own Vol. 1 but it's hard for me to watch the edited/b&w version of the house of blue leaves sequences.

Comment

Working...
                                X