What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
    The one I watched is a fan-edit done by Dr. Saperstein (Link to site here). They do lots of great stuff. And it is supposed to officially release sometime this year actually, with an extended anime version of Chapter 3: The Origin of O-Ren, which will be 30 minutes long.
    Originally posted by Se7en View Post
    Ah. Original version regardless.

Take your L Heretic.
    Originally posted by The Geek View Post
    It needs to. I own Vol. 1 but it's hard for me to watch the edited/b&w version of the house of blue leaves sequences.
    Here is a list from Dr. Sap's site of what they did:

ALTERATIONS
    * The dedication to K. Fukasaku [from the Japanese cut] and the Klingon proverb [from the int. version] are both included
    * New title & credits have been created.
    * Alternate shots during the dialogue in Vernita Green's kitchen are used [from the Japanese version].
    * Extended animation scene with extra gore [from the Japanese version]
    * Longer gore take of Gogo gutting a man [from the Japanese version]
    * Extended 'House Of The Blue Leaves' fight with the Crazy 88, fully uncut and in color [from the Japanese version]
    * Extended scene of Sophie Fatale getting her other arm chopped off, and extra dialogue [from Japanese version]
    * No interruption between volume 1 and 2, credits have been deleted and the transition has been completely re-edited.
    * Extended Pai-Mei flashbacks [credits to Moderknife for crafting this in his 2008 edit, as inspired by the original script]
    * Re-inserted deleted scene of Bill fighting Michael Jai White and his goons in a Chinese market place.
    * Corrected and resynched subtitles on all non-English dialogues.
    * New audio in smashing lossless DTS 5.1
    And this was the first time I watch House of Blue Leaves fight in color. I've always seen it in B&W. It was very....RED

Comment

And this was the first time I watch House of Blue Leaves fight in color. I've always seen it in B&W. It was very....RED
      I downloaded the Japanese cut back in 2005 and was blown away by how much gorier it was (not just because it was in color but unedited as well)

Comment

So it is the original version? That's really all I care about.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
          So it is the original version? That's really all I care about.
          If you're interested, give it a watch. You know where to look
          Watch it in 1080p too.

Comment

If you're interested, give it a watch. You know where to look
            Watch it in 1080p too.
            Your server wasn't up until like 10 minutes ago.

I'm re-watching the last episodes of GOT with roommate tonight so I'll watch soon.

Comment

I must watch this immediately.

Comment

• Rasputin The Mad Monk

A nice little film, not Lee's best, but I think it's easily the best performance of his carer. Easily. And when you research and see how into the role Lee made himself go.. Diving into so much research. Amazing, and it pays off. 7.5/10
                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                  Wrong. It's an edit of the original two films.
                  You are aware Kill Bill is just one film? Same thing as Nymphomaniac.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                  2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                  3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                  4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                  5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                  6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                  7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                  8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                  9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                  10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by BoOMST1CK View Post
                    You are aware Kill Bill is just one film? Same thing as Nymphomaniac.
                    Wrong.

Comment

• Prove me wrong then. If I was marketing a 4 hour films it would be good business to split it into two and maximise profit plus most casual film fans won't sit that long so makes perfect sense. Why do you think it's volume 2 as opposed to part 2? It's not a sequel.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                      2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                      3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                      4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                      5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                      6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                      7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                      8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                      9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                      10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                        I must watch this immediately.

Did you see that link to Dr. Sapirsteins webstie I posted? Here it is if not...

http://drsapirstein.blogspot.com/

They've done some real interesting work with some great films like A Nightmare on Elm Street, Phantom of the Paradise, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Braindead/Dead-Alive, Phantasm.
                        And they have lots of new stuff they're working on. Here's a picture of their Coming Soon section...

Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 06-14-2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

The one I watched is a fan-edit done by Dr. Saperstein (Link to site here). They do lots of great stuff. And it is supposed to officially release sometime this year actually, with an extended anime version of Chapter 3: The Origin of O-Ren, which will be 30 minutes long.
                          Never heard of Dr. Saperstein () before, thanks for that!
                          He or his group is another type of guy like Harmy with his legendary Star Wars project. Sometimes I love the godamn internet.
                          Last edited by Santa; 06-14-2015, 08:35 AM.
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Kicking and Screaming (1995) - 9/10

Dazed and Confused - 10/10

I'm Not There - 9.5/10

I forgot how amazing this movie really is. Outside of bad overdubbing during some of h and Christian Bale being slightly out place this movie is probably the most creative and brilliant "biopic" I've ever seen. It's about Bob Dylan and his music without ever actually being about Bob Dylan directly. The movie is comprised of 6 different "short films" (that aren't necessarily connected) edited together... each character covering a different era or part of Bob Dylan's career in different ways. A brilliant, funny, entertaining, sad and engaging movie. Unique stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
                              Never heard of Dr. Saperstein () before, thanks for that!
                              He or his group is another type of guy like Harmy with his legendary Star Wars project. Sometimes I love the godamn internet.
                              Harmy? Did they make that "Despecialized" version of Star Wars? I still have the torrent for that but haven't downloaded it yet.

I don't know of any others that do stuff like this. Wish I did.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Birds - 8/10
                              A Million Ways To Die In The West - 7/10
                              Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 06-14-2015, 01:56 PM.

Comment

• Jurassic World, 2015. 7/10

Comment

Working...
                                X