Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Boxtrolls

Mickey's Tavern Forum
    A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
    http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 (1983)-7/10

Blood Massacre (1991)-8/10

City in Panic (1986)-7/10

aka 13

Las Vegas Bloodbath (1989)-9/10

Comment

• Day of the Mummy - 3/10

Comment

• Whiplash 9/10

Whoa shit! Who knew that a movie about Jazz Drumming could be so fucking intense?!

Looks like the Academy got it wrong yet again... I liked Birdman, but in no way did it deserve to win Best Picture over this. At least Simmons (rightfully) got his Oscar. Easily one of the greatest movie assholes of all time. So many great lines/insults..

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• It seems no matter how many times I watch Army of Darkness, that skeleton battle never gets old.

Right, 'cause the world is just buzzing about this 4th entry to an already tired franchise. I can't seem to go anywhere without hearing about Jurassic World. It's the next Hunger Games.

$30 - $40 million opening weekend if they're lucky, and then out of existence it will quickly go. Count on it.

Comment

• Psycho III 9/10

Comment

• Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (1988 ) - 9/10

Madman (1982) - 8/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Jason Gaydos View Post
                  Psycho III 9/10

Always found II and III are underrated..

Society

Fuck yeah. been wanting to check this out for a long time, and with Arrows stunningly packaged release.. Well, I couldn't pass it up.

Wasn't sure what to expect out of this one, but it surpassed all expectations. I loved it. All of it. Some little bits of cheese, mixed in with a well done atmosphere of mystery, with themes of incest and all sorts of tabbooish sexual implications. Screaming Mad George really out did himself in the effects shop, especially with the extreme lack of time he was given. His creations, are so out of this world, and gooey and revolting that you just can't look away, fantastic work.

Solid 8.5/10
                  "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
                  Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
                  My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxley View Post

Always found II and III are underrated..

Society

Fuck yeah. been wanting to check this out for a long time, and with Arrows stunningly packaged release.. Well, I couldn't pass it up.

Wasn't sure what to expect out of this one, but it surpassed all expectations. I loved it. All of it. Some little bits of cheese, mixed in with a well done atmosphere of mystery, with themes of incest and all sorts of tabbooish sexual implications. Screaming Mad George really out did himself in the effects shop, especially with the extreme lack of time he was given. His creations, are so out of this world, and gooey and revolting that you just can't look away, fantastic work.

Solid 8.5/10
                    I've always found this to be underrated in the horror community. People don't know what they're missing! This arrow release looks seriously fantastic
                    ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• The Death King [a.k.a. Der Todesking, 1990, Dir.-Jorg Buttgereit, first viewing]

Coming off like a gritty, art house love letter to suicide 'The Death King' has a couple interesting visuals (the guy placing the empty picture frame over his wife's blood and brain matter after killing her, the temper tantrum of the man in the final segment) but suffers from the absence of any true cohesion between the segments. I particularly found the overpass segment to be pointless and the sparse dialogue (which wasn't helped by the lazy sub-titling) irksome but I get what Buttgereit was trying to do here. Overall it's an interesting concept that needed a bit more fine tuning.

7/10

-----

The Driller Killer [1979, Dir.-Abel Ferrara, first viewing]

It's greasy, it's sleazy, it's a fun homage to 70's era New York and punk rock but I fail to see how this ever got labeled a video nasty. Yes, there's a couple bloody bits and some mild, mostly implied, lesbianism but if Mary Whitehouse thought this was even close to being on the same level as Cannibal Holocaust or Salo then that bitch was a much bigger prude than I thought she was. Both Ferrara's directing and acting here is crude but it works as he details Reno's descent into madness. Another plus was Carolyn Marz (Carol), I gotta find out if she did any more acting 'cause she was quite the looker .

8/10
                      Last edited by Flagg; 06-26-2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• lord of illusions 7/10
                        dat sword scene

Comment

• Police Academy 5: Assignment Miami Beach (1988 -7/10

Police Academy 6: City Under Siege (1989)-7/10

Police Academy: Mission to Moscow (1994)-5/10

National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1 (1993)-8/10

Jack Colt: Who are you?
                          Mr. Jigsaw: I am your worst nightmare. Jack Colt: No, waking up without my penis is my worst nightmare. Mr. Jigsaw: Okay, allright, so I'm not your worst nightmare. But I'm right up there!

Comment

• Inglorious Basterds - 9/10

Comment

• Pan's Labyrinth (2006, Guillermo Del Toro) - 8/10

The Devil's Backbone (2001, Guillermo Del Toro) - 9/10

Slow West (2015, John Maclean) - 7/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                              I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Raiders of the Lost Shark - The Asylum wouldn't lower itself to producing something this bad. - 0/10

Comment

Working...
                                X