No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap Thrills 2013 (7.5/10) - An update on the old "cut your pinkie bet" from competent filmmakers and a nice cast. Whilst the final scene is dark and disturbing I felt getting there was a little predictable and perhaps an easier watch that it should have been. Overall a fun watch and I'd like to see more from these guys.

Comment

• The Thing (with John Carpenter & Kurt Russell commentary) - 10/10
      Escape from New York (with John Carpenter & Kurt Russell commentary) - 10/10
      Overboard - 8/10

Funeral Kings - 8/10

Comment

• Infernal Affairs (2002) - 9/10

Comment

• The Tournament - 4/10

Comment

• Le Samouraļ (1967, Jean-Pierre Melville) - 9/10

Miami Vice (2006, Michael Mann) - 10/10

piff overload

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
              Le Samouraļ (1967, Jean-Pierre Melville) - 9/10
              One of my all time favorites, top 5 maybe. I wish Criterion would get off their ass and give us a blu-ray of it.

Comment

• Mission Impossible - Rogue Nation 4/5

Easily the best of the series after the first instalment, Like the original, Rogue Nation piles on the mystery and intrigue. Cruises an McQuarries Jack Reacher fingerprints are all over this film, and it's a refreshing change of pace for a series that has relied on some big action set pieces. Not that this film is lacking in those, but the biggest moments are on the poster and in the trailer. This is more of a detective story with hand to hand combat an plenty of gun play. The supporting cast are as strong as ever, with Ving Rhames, Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg given plenty of screen time along with the main star. I enjoyed this more than Ghost Protocol, and with Rogue Nation Cruise proves that in this age of the dying action star he is totally committed to his craft and this, his signature franchise. Bring on the inevitable Part 6.
                Last edited by Rusted; Today, 01:45 AM.

Comment

• Cosmopolis (2012, David Cronenberg) - 8.5/10

Originally posted by Doctor RoXo View Post
                  One of my all time favorites, top 5 maybe. I wish Criterion would get off their ass and give us a blu-ray of it.
                  Yup, a Criterion Blu would be great. Your copy looked and sounded pretty good though.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
                    Cosmopolis (2012, David Cronenberg) - 8.5/10

Yup, a Criterion Blu would be great. Your copy looked and sounded pretty good though.
                    Oh you watched mine? Cool. There is a blu of it from somewhere out of Europe which is where I got that copy from but I'll wait for a criterion blu-ray before I buy it I think. There isn't much dialogue in it though, it could almost be a silent film. And I especially love the ending and how ambiguous it is, it can certainly be interpreted in different ways. Glad you liked it.
                    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entourage - 5/10
                    Trainwreck - 7/10
                    The Brood - 8/10
                    The Goods - 7.5/10

Comment

• The Island of Dr. Moreau (1977)

Comment

• Don't Look Now (1973) - 10/10

One of my favorites, and one of the more genuinely terrifying films I've seen.
                        Last edited by Yggdrasil; Today, 12:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X