What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Devils Rejects - 4/5

Easily Rob Zombies best movie. His white trash aesthetic works in this universe because it's a white trash world. Love the dirty, grindhouse vibe. The colour saturation gives the film an authentic 70's look, the use of split screen and freeze frame works like a charm and the musical selections are perfect. Oh yeah, and the violence is proper violence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      The Devils Rejects - 4/5

Easily Rob Zombies best movie. His white trash aesthetic works in this universe because it's a white trash world. Love the dirty, grindhouse vibe. The colour saturation gives the film an authentic 70's look, the use of split screen and freeze frame works like a charm and the musical selections are perfect. Oh yeah, and the violence is proper violence.
      Whew

Solaris (2002, Steven Soderbergh) - 7.5/10

Predestination (2015, The Spierig Brothers) - 7.5/10

Stellar

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
        Predestination (2015, The Spierig Brothers) - 7.5/10
        That movie got too fucking weird for it's own good. I didn't hate it though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
          Moving Art: Flowers (2014, Louis Schwartzberg) - 8/10
          Is that one of those 4K things on the Netflix? I think I checked a few of those out when I got my tv.

Mickey's Tavern Forum
          A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
          http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• WolfCop

Been wanting to check this for awhile. A pretty kickass flick. Hot babes, awesome prac effects. Nice gore, nice gags, and cool characters. It was put together a lot better than i was expecting. A good flick to watch with mates, grog and pizza! 7.5/10
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Hellraiser - 5/5

Perfect, gory 80's horror. A note for note adaptation of Barkers own novella, and a perfect gig for him to adapt and direct his own work. This guy's imagination knows no bounds and is brilliantly brought to life for the big screen. It's so filthy you can practically smell the dampness and filth that permeates through every scene. A perfect showcase for practical effects that still hold up today, especially the resurrection scene and a great introduction for one of horrors best known figures, Pinhead.

Hellraiser 2: Hellbound - 5/5

Picking up directly after the first film, this installment expands the story, the mythology and the gore and violence and ramps up it all up to 11. This is as fucked up as mainstream horror can possibly get. The violence and gore is wince inducing and this time we enter the labyrinth of Hell, the home of the Cenobites. Again, an absolutely perfect showcase of practical effects and make up. I miss this age of horror where writers and directors didn't have to pander to studio ratings and just let their imaginations run riot. We'll never see these types of films being made by a major studio ever again.

Comment

• Those two films are basically one long feature really. Great stuff.Can't wait to see what Arrow will do wit them..

Legend
                Blu looks great, and sounds great. Firest viewing. Fuck yeah, a kick-ass fantasy flick with absolutely amazing creature effects, great characters, and without question the coolest, most badass vision of the devil/Satan put to screen. Seriously. He looks absolutely fantastic.. And is played flawlessly by the equally amazing Tim fucking Curry. That voice and laughter coming out of that make-up is the cream on top. Bloodly sensational. His look, and sound elevate this film a hell of a lot.

8/10
                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
                  The House of Clocks (1989) - 8/10
                  [

Never heard of this but the title intrigued me and after reading about it, I definitely want to watch it now. The plot sounds great.

Originally posted by Mr. Awesome View Post

Is that one of those 4K things on the Netflix? I think I checked a few of those out when I got my tv.
                  I use a site called Instant Watcher to browse what's on netflix, it is just an easier way to find stuff imo. Just the other day I noticed they had an "Ultra HD" tag to use for searching/browsing. According to the site, Netflix has 52 shows/movies in 4K.
                  Some are pretty good too, like Breaking Bad, Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, and most of Netflix's newer show like Daredevil, Sense8, and Bloodline.

Here is a link to the search results page for Ultra HD > http://instantwatcher.com/search?pag...le_from%20desc

Comment

• Laid To Rest - 7/10
                    Oculus - 9/10
                    (I really enjoyed this one)
                    Wishmaster - 6.5/10

Comment

• I have a 4K tv. I can browse them on there. I've watched a lot of that stuff.

Mickey's Tavern Forum

Comment

• A Most Violent Year 2014 (9/10) - A refreshing and superbly crafted crime film that brings tension through politics as Abel tries to keep his head above the violent waters of 1981 New York. Although the slow burn is effective overall there's a slight lull and I question if some aspects could have been expanded on. The script, performances and frost bitten New York are all top notch though and I'll definitely be picking this up for rewatches.
                        Last edited by Midnight-Kroovy; 08-14-2015, 07:01 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Awesome View Post
                          I have a 4K tv. I can browse them on there. I've watched a lot of that stuff.
                          I don't have one myself. I don't plan on getting one anytime soon either. The prices have started to become a bit reasonable lately though. Just the other day, I saw a deal on a 40 inch for like $400 or $500, which is what I spent on my 40 inch 1080p tv just a few years ago.

Comment

• The Vizio P Series is around $700-800 and there's a Samsung for under $1000. I have the Vizio and it's pretty sexy. Here's my current setup with my 50 inch 4K and 40 inch 1080p

Mickey's Tavern Forum

Comment

• [QUOTE=Oxley;n4354579]Those two films are basically one long feature really. Great stuff.Can't wait to see what Arrow will do wit them..
                              ase
                              Is Arrow doing the Hellraiser flicks ?

I wish someone would do another and proper blu run. They need a proper blu release.

Comment

• Hellraiser is my favorite. I wish someone would put out a box set already with all of the movies in it. You know, like every other horror movie series has. I don't care would does it but it needs to happen.

Mickey's Tavern Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X