Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post

The Editor (2014)-10/10

Astron-6 has done it again. Hilarious spoof/homage of '70's Giallo flicks. Fantastic photography and score, the gore was super wet and much like Astron 6's other work it had me dying from laughter.

Brilliant stuff but it won't work for people not familiar with Italian cinema.
    ^Did she get nekkid?

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• Originally posted by travisbickle View Post

^Did she get nekkid?
      Yep

Comment

• Spring Breakers - 10/10

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadly Fiend View Post
          Spring Breakers - 10/10

Pandorum (2009, Christian Alvart) - 5.5/10

Syndromes and a Century (2006, Apichatpong Weerasethakul) - 9.5/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
          I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

The Editor (2014)-10/10

Astron-6 has done it again. Hilarious spoof/homage of '70's Giallo flicks. Fantastic photography and score, the gore was super wet and much like Astron 6's other work it had me dying from laughter.

Brilliant stuff but it won't work for people not familiar with Italian cinema.

Though I don't think that you need to be familiar with Italian cinema to enjoy it. I think it's good enough for anyone to enjoy. They just won't get as much out of it as people like us will.

Bellevue Inside Out - 8/10
            Tent City, USA - 8/10
            Lost Angels: Skid Row Is My Home - 8/10

Comment

• Self/Less, 2015. 7/10

Neat scifi thriller. Ryan Reynolds is amazing as usual.

A dying billionaire business man has his 'soul' put into a younger man for 250.00 million dollars. Sounds awesome yeah? well morals and feelings come into play when he looks into some of the flashbacks he goes through and sees this younger mans life.

Comment

• Time Lapse - A surprisingly decent indie sci-fi "what if you knew the future" flick. It's biggest drawback was the grinding halt the narrative took in the middle of the movie - the pace just disappeared until closer to the end. However, the timey-wimey aspects of the film were actually pretty good. - 7/10

Comment

• Apocalypse Now Redux (2001, Francis Ford Coppola) - 10/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                  I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• The Man With The Golden Arm

Mickey's Tavern Forum
                    A great place for comics, video games, movies, and everything else.
                    http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_C...ern/index.php?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Awesome View Post
                      The Man With The Golden Arm

Great film, Sinatra playing a junkie. Love it.

The Hustler - 10/10
                      One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest - 9.5/10

Comment

• Black Sabbath (1963)-7/10

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)-8/10

Lionheart (1990)-9/10

Hard Target (1993)-9/10

Turbo Kid (2015)-10/10

Fuck yeah. As awesome as I was expecting. Top of the year for me along with "The Editor"

Comment

• Kruel, 2014. 6/10

Comment

[
                            Turbo Kid (2015)-10/10

Fuck yeah. As awesome as I was expecting. Top of the year for me along with "The Editor"

Can't wait to see this. It has been a great week for movies.

Comment

• Turbo Kid - 10 outta fucking 10!!!

Rad....rad as fuck! That's about the easiest way to describe this shitstorm of 80's nostaglia filled cinema.
                              I really loved everything about this flick. I serioulsy can't find anything wrong with it. Not only is it funny and action packed, but it has more blood, guts and gore than most horror films. And the gore is just uber-fucking-fantastic!! Turbo Kid has more blood than the entire Friday the 13th franchise I'd bet. But it's not just wet mayhem, oh no, the kills are very gruesome and quite creative, as well as being darkly humorous.
                              The music too, is wonderful. All original music scored by the great Le Matos.
                              The actors all did a fine job. Laurence Leboeuf was quite a standout as Apple, Turbo Kid's quirky companion. The villians also, were quite good with Michael Ironside playing the nefarious Zeus, and the superbly named Skeletron played by Edwin Wright.
                              I can't recommend this movie enough. It is available online, but if you're lucky enough to have it playing at a local theater, I urge you to make the trip to see it on the big screen.

"Go see Turbo Kid. It's like Mad Max on BMX Bikes."
                              -Wired

Here is the short film that Turbo Kid is based on. T is for Turbo.

The directors, known as The Rpadkill Super Stars, made this short film/fake trailer called Demonitron: The Sixth Dimension which is quite good...

Last edited by Doctor RoXo; 08-30-2015, 09:36 AM.

Comment

• Ritual, 2013. 7/10

Comment

Working...
                                X