No announcement yet.

What films did you watch today? V2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lost Soul: The Doomed Journey of Richard Stanley's Island of Dr. Moreau - So fuckin' crazy, no one could make that shit up if they tried. - 8.5/10

Comment

• Walkabout (1971, Nicolas Roeg) - 8.5/10

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Madman 1982 (8/10) - I watched this many years ago and was underwhelmed with the dumb as shit characters and predictability but watching it again the campfire charm of it all really shines through. The 4k Arrow transfer looks great, especially some shots of the moonlit woods.

Beware the Madman Marz!!!

Originally posted by Se7en View Post
        Walkabout (1971, Nicolas Roeg) - 8.5/10
        I found walkabout pretty unsettling. The boy's dance etc. stuck with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
          Madman 1982 (8/10) - I watched this many years ago and was underwhelmed with the dumb as shit characters and predictability but watching it again the campfire charm of it all really shines through. The 4k Arrow transfer looks great, especially some shots of the moonlit woods.

Beware the Madman Marz!!!

Glad you changed your mind. Saves me a bullet!

The 4k transfer is indeed pretty great.

Comment

• The People Under the Stairs, 1991. 8/10

Scream, 1996. 9/10

Comment

• Dark Blue - 7.5/10
              I-Lived - 6/10

Comment

• The Last House on the Left (1972) - 8/10

Craven's first film and one of his more violent and relentless as well. Some elements seem antiquated (use of music, for example) but over all I think this is a highly effective and certainly an influential exploitation film. Krug is one of my favorite 1970s villains and the movie has plenty of quirks and charms to keep it interesting.

Comment

• Deadly Blessing, 1981. 6/10

Comment

Working...
                  X