• MLB - Tampa Bay Rays @ Baltimore Orioles
    Attack on Titan
    Broadchurch
    The SImpsons

Comment

• Originally posted by Se7en View Post
      Narcos (S01E04, S01E05, S01E06)

drugs drugs drugs drugs
      I watched the first couple episodes... not overly impressed so far. Seems very derivative of other, better crime dramas (various movies and tv shows). I'll stick with it though. And watch Bloodline. It's Netflix's best show (from what I've seen of their productions). House of Cards season 3 didn't hold up at all compared to the first two (still decent but far from great). Haven't watched Daredevil, Sense8 or Orange in the New Black though. Hemlock Grove sucks and Marco Polo was meh too. Netflix has been super hit or miss for me with their dramas. They're probably most consistent with their comedy. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp and Kimmy Schmidt were both brilliant and ridiculous and Bojack Horseman is good too. I'd like to watch Grace and Frankie as well.

Narcos

Sons of Anarchy
      Last edited by The Revelator; Yesterday, 10:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
        I watched the first couple episodes... not overly impressed so far. Seems very derivative of other, better crime dramas (various movies and tv shows). I'll stick with it though. And watch Bloodline. It's Netflix's best show (from what I've seen of their productions). House of Cards season 3 didn't hold up at all compared to the first two (still decent but far from great). Haven't watched Daredevil, Sense8 or Orange in the New Black though. Hemlock Grove sucks and Marco Polo was meh too. Netflix has been super hit or miss for me with their dramas. They're probably most consistent with their comedy. Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Camp and Kimmy Schmidt were both brilliant and ridiculous and Bojack Horseman is good too. I'd like to watch Grace and Frankie as well.
        Yeah, being so derivative of other drug films was hard for me to get by and hinders me from being completely on board with it. The narration in particular is ripped straight from the Elite Squad films (among others ofc) which the director/producer had a major hand in. Thankfully those moments are more background noise to educate us on the real life drug war as there would be far too much story to tell otherwise. We're where we're at at the end of season where most shows would be in their third or fourth season. At points I wished there were certain things that were explored more in the show as often times real cool shit is explained to us instead of shown, but for the most part it came together well for me. There isn't all that much that I'd change unless we're talking about the casting of the gringos.

Guarantee it'll get better as it goes on for you. Lot of great moments and if nothing else, the dude playing Pablo is on some GOAT shit. One of the most ruthless characters ever put on screen for sure.

Narcos (S01E07, S01E08, S01E09, S01E10)

Onto Bloodline next. Sense8 is supposed to be fantastic so I'll probably hop on that too once I'm done with that.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
        I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Yeah, being so derivative of other drug films was hard for me to get by and hinders me from being completely on board with it. The narration in particular is ripped straight from the Elite Squad films (among others ofc) which the director/producer had a major hand in. Thankfully those moments are more background noise to educate us on the real life drug war as there would be far too much story to tell otherwise. We're where we're at at the end of season where most shows would be in their third or fourth season. At points I wished there were certain things that were explored more in the show as often times real cool shit is explained to us instead of shown, but for the most part it came together well for me. There isn't all that much that I'd change unless we're talking about the casting of the gringos.

Guarantee it'll get better as it goes on for you. Lot of great moments and if nothing else, the dude playing Pablo is on some GOAT shit. One of the most ruthless characters ever put on screen for sure.

Narcos (S01E07, S01E08, S01E09, S01E10)

Onto Bloodline next. Sense8 is supposed to be fantastic so I'll probably hop on that too once I'm done with that.
          The subject matter just doesn't interest me as much as it does you. And Pablo Escobar was a baby compared to Griselda Blanco. They should make season 2 of Narcos about her. Like I said i'll stick with i but I'd rather pop in Carlos or Che or Blow or Goodfellas or City of God for something in this style telling a true story so far.... by a huge margin.
          Last edited by The Revelator; Today, 06:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post

The subject matter just doesn't interest me as much as it does you. And Pablo Escobar was a baby compared to Griselda Blanco. They should make season 2 of Narcos about her. Like I said i'll stick with i but I'd rather pop in Carlos or Che or Blow or Goodfellas or City of God for something in this style telling a true story so far.... by a huge margin.
            Word. Again, very derivative so if you're used to this it's nowhere near as impressive as it is to the IMDB kids propelling this to the top 30.

Not sure they could do a season on Griselda. Timeline wise it doesn't make sense at all and it might be a little too much (or too little) following Pablo after the horrible things he did. You'll see when you get farther that he'd be damn near impossible to top. I don't want this show to turn into each season trying to out depress the last. Can only see so much news footage of dead people before it loses its effect.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
            I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Word. Again, very derivative so if you're used to this it's nowhere near as impressive as it is to the IMDB kids propelling this to the top 30.

Not sure they could do a season on Griselda. Timeline wise it doesn't make sense at all and it might be a little too much (or too little) following Pablo after the horrible things he did. You'll see when you get farther that he'd be damn near impossible to top. I don't want this show to turn into each season trying to out depress the last. Can only see so much news footage of dead people before it loses its effect.
              She was a much scarier person than he was on a personal level (I guess that's debatable but she was completely beyond psychotic) I think it would be awesome. And she lived almost 20 years longer. Pull a true detective make them not connect. Nobody in the show other than Escobar is interesting to me anyways. Not nearly as hot on it as you are. Plus most of it is probably bullshit. "True story" stuff is usually at least 40% fictional. Guess I don't mind what direction they go in because so far I could give or take it (I'm 4 episodes in). I want to like it like you do so I'm sticking with it and hoping for the best. I'm basically talking out of my ass right now because I'm bored
              Last edited by The Revelator; Today, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Scream
                Attack on Titan
                Doctor Who
                MLB - Washington Nationals @ St. Louis Motherfucking Cardinassholes

Comment

• Weekly I've been watching:
                  Aqua Teen Hunger Force (Ended; loved it, good times).
                  Dusk Til Dawn (Looks good so far)
                  Falling Skies (Ended; wish I never started watching it)
                  Naked and Afraid (Its not sexual, I swear).
                  Rick and Morty (Love it)
                  The Strain (Love it; although season 2 isn't as strong as Season 1)
                  Zoo (Disappointing)
                  The Whispers (Dropped; started strong)

I am also quite fond of Sargon of Akkad's YouTube series THIS WEEK IN STUPID.

Comment

Working...
                  X