No announcement yet.

Judge Dredd (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Literally just watched this for the first time tonight and thought it was fucking awesome. Really liked Ma-Ma as a villain as well.

Gutted that it flopped but I had little interest in seeing it at the time so I think marketing did a poor job. Not sure how I feel about a sequel, if they change the filmmakers or make it more mainstream friendly I'll probably lose interest.

It's a shame because studios will use this as an example not to do R-Rated action movies.

Comment

• Kroovy my wigga I hate it had to be him

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
      I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Dredd isn't a be all end all type of comic film. It isn't a self indulgent origin story nor a connective tissue to a larger body of story. As a simple slice of life action flick it works. I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post
          Gutted that it flopped but I had little interest in seeing it at the time so I think marketing did a poor job. Not sure how I feel about a sequel, if they change the filmmakers or make it more mainstream friendly I'll probably lose interest.

It's a shame because studios will use this as an example not to do R-Rated action movies.
          Definitely needs a sequel. I want to see more of Mega City One and The Cursed Earth.

My DVD's/Blu's

Comment

• The screenwriter Alex Garland has just said in a recent interview that a sequel won't be happening.

"I also feel a sense of responsibility because I know there are these people who do this stuff like theyíve got money and they spend money on a DVD to try and up the chance of a sequel getting made. Because I donít have an online profile or persona or anything like that I canít speak to these people directly, but what I want to say is thatís so good of you, and thank you, but keep your money because the people who make the decisions donít get moved by that kind of thing. Theyíre moved by other stuff, other equations, other algorithms."

http://collider.com/dredd-2-sequel-n...-alex-garland/

Box Office is king so when a movie flops it's a big knock. Earning your money back slowly through cult status doesn't interest investors.

Comment

• Originally posted by Midnight-Kroovy View Post

Box Office is king so when a movie flops it's a big knock. Earning your money back slowly through cult status doesn't interest investors.
              Exactly but I can understand that. Producers produce films to make money so when a film flops and they lose money of course they are going to move onto other projects. This is the harsh reality of the business.

Comment

Working...
              X