Judge Dredd (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
    Sad part is that both films you mentioned were far better than Judge Dredd was.
    Never saw Power Rangers (never had any interest to be perfectly honest), but I was all too aware of their popularity at that time. Which assuredly was a factor in it's box office returns. Batman Forever had a huge marketing push, Jim Carrey (who was much in demand following Ace Ventura, The Mask, and Dumb and Dumber), and a popular soundtrack. Which didn't hurt it's box office returns either.

Judge Dredd essentially just got thrown out there, and everyone involved, I assume, just hoped for the best. Which didn't happen anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Brainfreeeeeze View Post
      Im down. I had no clue of the comic as a kid and actually used to love the Stallone movie but from what Ive read I can see why fans of the comic hated it. Even though I think the "gritty comic book movie" thing is being a bit over done I could see it having a good use here.
      I got into the comics after seeing the stallone film. Im down with this
      Check out my movie Blog http://wildcinemamoviereviews.blogspot.co.uk

Comment

[YOUTUBE]PifvRiHVSCY[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Looks cool

Nice to see a story with Anderson by his side. Sure hope this leads to a sequel with Judges Deth, Mortis, Fire, and Fear
          I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

Someone was watching the Raid....

Comment

I'm one of the few who actually dig the Stallone film my only beef was that I can't stand to see or hear that walking abortion Rob Schneider and I felt Armand Assante's villain was pretty weak. I had zero problem with Stallone in his portrayal but felt he should have been fighting a gang sorta like the original Robocop instead of trying to solve a lame frame-up and murder mystery.

Comment

^Robocop was pretty much only a slightly off version of Judge Dredd. The model of New Chicago was basically a small section of Mega City One.

And I do agree, Bits and pieces of the Stallone movie were pretty good, but yeah, very weak story and villains.
                I met her, fifteen years ago; I was told there was nothing left; no reason, no conscience, no understanding; and not even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, of good or evil, right or wrong. I met this cow, with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach her, and then another seven trying to keep her locked up because I realized that what was living behind that cow's eyes was purely and simply... evil.

Comment

someone was watching the raid
                  more like someone was reading the source material.

There was a whole Dredd series called Block Wars where he did pretty much exactly what the Raid is.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
                    I'm one of the few who actually dig the Stallone film my only beef was that I can't stand to see or hear that walking abortion Rob Schneider and I felt Armand Assante's villain was pretty weak. I had zero problem with Stallone in his portrayal but felt he should have been fighting a gang sorta like the original Robocop instead of trying to solve a lame frame-up and murder mystery.
                    It was a critical flop, but I don't think your as alone as you may think. I haven't met too many people who absolutely hated the original. Personally I loved the Demolition Man-esque world, and thought the costume design was pretty cool all around.

Now, I haven't seen the original in years, so maybe my opinion would change on a re-watch, but from what I remember, it was pretty damn enjoyable. I never really got all the hate it gets.

This new version looks a little too slick. Like a music video.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
                      more like someone was reading the source material.

There was a whole Dredd series called Block Wars where he did pretty much exactly what the Raid is.
                      Yeah, but who the hell is going to dig that up? I dont think there are many who are pure dredd fans that would go OMG that was awesome. Raid did it better.

Besides...Karl Urban can't do kung fu. DOn't know what that added to the conversation but thats all i got.

Comment

You said that "Someone has watched the Raid" implying that they stole the premise of this Dredd movie from that movie and I was pointing out that you are wrong and that they stole the premise of the Dredd movie from a Dredd comic

Comment

Clippage.

Comment

what's up with the batman voice, that's not cool. I've collected a few of these, don't think I remember the story at all but a few things. I like Stallone's two cents about it, he's actually a smart guy that goes with it sort of, but that doesn't do any justice to movies like Assassins or that sharon stone one...wait were they the same movie ? This movie takes the 90's sci fi and brings it out today, which is cool, but I'm already doubting it's entirety. I'll probably end up seeing it...only I know I'm going to diss it...you can just tell sometimes. I may end up liking the Sly version better even though it wasn't true, but don't remember what was true anyhow. The kung fu lady sidekick is back at em from Demolition man, I wonder if the sex wave brain thingy will be in this movie even though it was from a different movie ?

who said they didn't like Rob Sheinder, that guy has work for days, he's awesome.

[YOUTUBE]6vSCViCQWFc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]fFn0llYqM8w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]1BX0nzCZX9w&feature=fvwrel[/YOUTUBE]

There used to be a lot more videos on youtube

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
                              You said that "Someone has watched the Raid" implying that they stole the premise of this Dredd movie from that movie and I was pointing out that you are wrong and that they stole the premise of the Dredd movie from a Dredd comic
                              Im not wrong...I am the law...foo...

But who of the average movie goer will know this? Dredd is not that popular with people and with the raid just having been release, they are going to compare the two.

People who have watched this say it is pretty good and blows the Sly one out of the water.

Comment

Looks like utter shite.
                                I'll pass.

Comment

Working...
                                X