Superman: The Man of Steel (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Superman: The Man of Steel (2012)

Superman: The Man of Steel is currently scheduled to be released in 2012. Apparently this one will follow Clark Kent as he tries to decide if he wants to become Superman. So far Zack Snyder and Christopher Nolan are both signed on.

Personally, I can't wait to read more about this. I read they're currently having some script issues and that's my only concern. I was mega-excited to find out about Snyder and Nolan.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...erman_ST_N.htm

http://screenrant.com/superman-reboo...s-sandy-81664/

I'm one of those folks, who just can't imagine a Superman film being all that interesting, no matter who is directing/writing it.

The character is just plain boring.

Comment

I'm no massive SuperMan fan, I enjoyed the original film and the only other one I have seen is the newest one, which I didn't care much for. But if Nolan is connected to this it has my interest.
      A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

I biased. I love Superman. It was one of my favorite things to watch growing up. The movies, the old cartoons, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
          The character is just plain boring.
          I agree, I find a pretty much completely indesrtuctalbe being to be to much. When you over power someone like that, it's almost impossible to relate to in any way.
          A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

Agreed. I don't really like Superman. The only thing I enjoy is the theme song.

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
              I agree, I find a pretty much completely indesrtuctalbe being to be to much. When you over power someone like that, it's almost impossible to relate to in any way.
              Maybe they'll visit the fact that Superman actually dies. When the original movies were made, he hadn't died in the comic series yet. Would be interesting if they really stayed true to the comic timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by sarsoor View Post

I enjoy Superman to a certain extent. My main problem is that the villains are completely boring. Lex Luthor is okay, I suppose, but I hope they change direction in the new film. Zod is pretty good as well, and I wouldn't mind seeing him make an appearance.

Comment

Originally posted by sarsoor View Post

The title music on the newest one reminded me of Star Wars.

Originally posted by NurseMcTavish View Post
                  Maybe they'll visit the fact that Superman actually dies. When the original movies were made, he hadn't died in the comic series yet. Would be interesting if they really stayed true to the comic timeline.
                  He died? This just gets more confusing.

Comment

The title music on the newest one reminded me of Star Wars.
                    John Williams, yo. Did lots of great stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post

I enjoy Superman to a certain extent. My main problem is that the villains are completely boring. Lex Luthor is okay, I suppose, but I hope they change direction in the new film. Zod is pretty good as well, and I wouldn't mind seeing him make an appearance.
                      Maybe one day they'll make a Superman vs. Doomsday movie. That could be head exploding awesomeness if it were made the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post

I enjoy Superman to a certain extent. My main problem is that the villains are completely boring.
                        THIS.

How can a villain even begin to be threatening, when you are facing a guy who can carry you to outer-space, and just suffacate you, unless you have Kryptonite.

It's just unfair.

I'd pay to see Dr. Manhattan take him on. That's about it.

Comment

He died? This just gets more confusing.
                          In the comic series, he fought a villian in 1992 named Doomsday. At the end of the comic, Doomsday and Superman had killed each other. Superman died in Lois Lane's arms.

(Edit: I'm pretty sure it was 1992 - maybe a little later.)
                          Last edited by NurseMcTavish; 10-10-2010, 07:45 PM.

Comment

If anyone can save Superman in this modern age its Snyder, he loves the action sequences.

Comment

Originally posted by NurseMcTavish View Post
                              Maybe one day they'll make a Superman vs. Doomsday movie. That could be head exploding awesomeness if it were made the right way.
                              That could be epic, but I'm sure that it would cost a fortune. It'll be interesting to see what they do with this. From what I've read, it's going to be different than what has come before.

Comment

Working...
                              X