Clear All

Anything with Tom Hanks.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by retinalworm View Post
      Anything with Tom Hanks.
      I don't like his stuff, either.

Comment

I disagree with the assessment "everybody" loves Titanic. Chicks may, guys don't. I hate it, but that's far from being a minority.

Movies I hate that everyone else seems to love:
        Gangs of New York
        Suspiria
        Hellraiser
        Irreversible
        The Shrek movies
        Pretty much every modern animation movie besides the Toy Story series (Happy Feet, Shark Tale, Ice Age, etc., etc.)
        Mars Attacks!
        Romeo + Juliet
        The Fifth Element
        Juno
        As Good as It Gets
        The Transporter I and II
        Three Kings
        Jerry Maguire
        Raising Arizona
        True Romance
        Unforgiven
        Wedding Crashers
        The Hangover
        A Beautiful Mind
        Jackie Brown

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
          Movies I hate that everyone else seems to love:

Mars Attacks!
          The Fifth Element
          Wedding Crashers
          The Hangover

I'm not even sure what to say to this...

Comment

Originally posted by Klownz View Post
            I don't like his stuff, either.

Really?

The Burbs
            Big
            Saving Private Ryan
            The Terminal
            Catch Me If You Can
            Road to Perdition
            The Green Mile
            Toy Story Trilogy (okay he just does a voice but whatever)
            A League of Their Own
            Cast Away

I mean he definitely has some stinkers (ladykillers, money pit, dragnet, splash, joe vs. volcano etc) but these are great movies.

Originally posted by schizophrenic-kyle
            Thats why if you had the vhs like i did when i was little i would just put on the second tape which began right when the good part started
            You need to get ahold of the ten year anniversary DVD and watch the original deleted ending. And watch it with James Cameron commentary. Its just a big WHAT THE FUCK WERE YOU THINKING JAMES!!! He actually thought it was a good ending.

Synopsis: Old lady stands on the railing with diamond necklace in hand. But instead of throwing it in Bill Paxton comes running to stop her thinking she is going to jump and the whole crew comes out. She then gets off the railing and holds the necklace over the railing threatening to drop it as if its some kind of hostage situation. Some how she convinces them that it belongs with the Titanic but Paxton is allowed to hold it in his hands. As he holds it he laughs like a maniac into the sky, she takes it back says some BS dialogue about treating people kind and whatever and then tosses it over the side....

I watched it again with Cameron's commentary and he said that he didn't know why studio didn't like the ending, he thought it worked...what the fuck was he smoking? Quite fucking hilarious.

Comment

Paranormal activity
              i had to try three time to see it from start to finish.
              also Lord of the Rings.

You said everything would work out just fine, i just went crazy, But i'm better now, having a good time, being Selfish and Drunken and Vulgar and Lazy

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                Raising Arizona
                True Romance
                Wow, glad to see that somebody else on this planet besides me doesn't give a flying fuck about the most over-rated comedy of the '80s!!!

...and "True Romance" I remember my old roommate told me that that was actually his favorite movie, which I thought was really fucking strange...

Speaking of over-rated '80s comedies, what about Ferris Bueller's Day Off? I mean it's actually a fairly decent movie, which is a lot more than I can say for Raising Arizona, but I saw it so many times I just got soooo freaking bored with it...and everybody else still thinks it's the shit. I don't care if I ever see Ferris Bueller's Day Off again, but seriously FUCK RAISING ARIZONA!!! Normally, I'm more respectful of other people's opinions but just thinking about that movie FUCKING PISSES ME OFF!!!!! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
                Last edited by Nico; 11-22-2010, 06:38 PM.
                "A desire to be in charge of our own lives, a need for control, is born in each of us. It is essential to our mental health, and our success, that we take control." -Robert F. Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Nico View Post
                  Wow, glad to see that somebody else on this planet besides me doesn't give a flying fuck about the most over-rated comedy of the '80s!!!

...and "True Romance" I remember my old roommate told me that that was actually his favorite movie, which I thought was really fucking strange...
                  I love the Coen Brothers, but I HATE RA with a passion. I find it hard to believe the makers of Fargo and The Big Lebowski created that garbage. It's painful to watch.

True Romance, I have several friends who think it's da bomb, but I remain fully unimpressed with it.

Comment

Fight Club.

I've tried watching it twice and it didn't work for me either time. Found it pretty boring myself.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ_01976 View Post
                      Scream comes to mind. I hated it when it first came out and I still hate it now. I still say that Urban Legend was far better, and that was a cash-in (the sequels were awful though).
                      Urban Legend was MUCH better. The only thing Scream had going for it was the first 10 minutes.

Me?
                      People seem to love everything Heath Ledger does (now) and he really sucks.

Is he going to lose both bones?

Comment

The hunt for red october and u571. Everyone That I know loved both of those movies and they bore the absolute shit outta me
                        My gun control is a steady hand.

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
                          I liked Titanic, but that might just because I've always been obsessed with the ship and it's story, and I love pretty much anything to do with it. Well, that was until I saw Titanic 2...
                          I Put it to you that the film has nothing to do with the story of the titanic, the movie coulda been called Boat and it woulda made no difference, it was a 90's Chick Flick that happend to be set on the titanic. nothing more.

Comment

Im also gonna say Cars, i love Pixar Films but this annoyed the Fuck outta me

Comment

[QUOTE=oxley;2174276]I'm no massive Leo fan, but he has done a few films I really like him in Titanic, Blood Diamond, Gangs Of New York and Shutter Island. Apart from those (that I've seen) I don't like the guy.
                              QUOTE]

You should see him in the Basketball Diaries.
                              I think he is a consistently great actor.
                              Last edited by ruemorgue; 11-22-2010, 10:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
                                I mean he definitely has some stinkers (ladykillers, money pit, dragnet, splash, joe vs. volcano etc)
                                I love Dragnet and Splash.

Originally posted by Nico View Post
                                Speaking of over-rated '80s comedies
                                At least they were funny back then. Comedy is dreadful now. What passes for humor now does not even make me giggle. It just sucks. I actually avoid the newer ones now because of that.

Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                                Urban Legend was MUCH better.
                                It had more balls, and had better acting/direction to back it up. The story may have been cliché in places but the execution was solid.

The only thing Scream had going for it was the first 10 minutes.
                                Even that came off as weak to me.

People seem to love everything Heath Ledger does (now) and he really sucks.
                                I never cared for him at all until he played the Joker. He really hit that one out of the park. Other than that, he has not done anything else I would care for in the least.

Originally posted by rottenskot View Post
                                The hunt for red october and u571. Everyone That I know loved both of those movies and they bore the absolute shit outta me
                                U-571 is bullshit. It is very historically inaccurate and one-sided. I love submarine movies but that one really pissed me off.

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
                                Im also gonna say Cars, i love Pixar Films but this annoyed the Fuck outta me
                                I love Cars. Seen it many times.
                                Last edited by CJ_01976; 11-22-2010, 10:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X