Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
    Fight Club.

I've tried watching it twice and it didn't work for me either time. Found it pretty boring myself.
    My old man doesn't like it either, and he normally goes for that type of movie.

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
    I Put it to you that the film has nothing to do with the story of the titanic, the movie coulda been called Boat and it woulda made no difference, it was a 90's Chick Flick that happend to be set on the titanic. nothing more.
    If the movie was called "Boat" it would have sunk at the box office.
    "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
      My old man doesn't like it either, and he normally goes for that type of movie.

If the movie was called "Boat" it would have sunk at the box office.
      I already like your old man

Titanic is a well made film (It is James Cameron) But it's one of the most boring films I've ever watched.

They should have called it: IT NEVER ENDS!

Comment

[QUOTE=CJ_01976;2175296]At least they were funny back then. Comedy is dreadful now. What passes for humor now does not even make me giggle. It just sucks. I actually avoid the newer ones now because of that.[QUOTE]

Overrated '80s comedies that people think are funny that are just fucking stupid (IMO of course):

RAISING ARIZONA
        Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
        Ferris Bueller's Day Off (Again, it's good until you've seen it as many times as I have)
        Fast Times at Ridgemont High
        Revenge of the Nerds
        Throw Momma From the Train (I don't remember if I saw the whole movie or not but at least what I saw of it wasn't funny)

Of course, there are many '80s comedies that I can't comment on 'cause I haven't seen 'em (e.g. Heathers, Pretty in Pink, Teen Wolf, etc.) or don't remember 'em (e.g. Pee-Wee's Big Adventure, I think that was the one I saw).To be fair there were still plenty of '80s comedies that I always liked growing up (e.g. Better Off Dead, The Naked Gun, The Breakfast Club, Back to the Future, Gremlins, etc.). Perhaps I am being a little harsh, I guess most of the movies that I deemed as over-rated at least have a few good moments but to be honest I just get burnt out on comedy movies very easily.
        Last edited by Nico; 11-23-2010, 09:08 AM.
        "A desire to be in charge of our own lives, a need for control, is born in each of us. It is essential to our mental health, and our success, that we take control." -Robert F. Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by Charlz View Post
          Im also gonna say Cars, i love Pixar Films but this annoyed the Fuck outta me
          Cars is a Pixar movie that is hard to get into but if you give it a chance it actually is one of their better films. The only Pixar movie that isn't up to their quality is Bugs Life. The other ten are near perfect films. It's hard to rank them from least to best because there really isn't anything wrong with them.

I personally hate Step Brothers. Everyone I know loves it but I just think it is the worst of Will Ferrel's comedies and I really wish John C. Reilly would do some dramatic roles again like Magnolia, Gangs of New York etc. He is such a better actor than doing gross out humor.

Comment

Titanic is a well made film (It is James Cameron) But it's one of the most boring films I've ever watched.

They should have called it: IT NEVER ENDS!
            I liked that film and didn't think it was boring at all. Can still get into it when I watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by retinalworm View Post
              Anything with Tom Hanks.
              I love funny, 80's Tom Hanks

The Man With One Red Shoe
              Big
              Turner and Hooch
              Bachelor Party
              Splash
              Volunteers
              Money Pit
              The Burbs

Not that those are all great movies but most are funny and nostalgic to me. It was when he started getting all serious (starting when he did Philadelphia) that I started to dislike him. He's had some good movies but it's 80's Hanks I hold a place in my heart for.

Comment

Originally posted by indecent actions View Post
                People seem to love everything Heath Ledger does (now) and he really sucks.
                I thought he was really good in Lords of Dogtown and even The Brothers Grimm. Candy was good too.

I think he was building as an actor as he was constantly getting better. I think he could have been something great. By his output before his death, he certainly wasn't there yet though. But he was leaps and bound better than he was in say, A Knight's Tale

Comment

2001: a space odyssey. i dont give a fuck if this film "broke boundries" and was the first film based in space and shit like that, sometimes first is worst this movie blew...hard. 10 minutes of monkeys running around is not a movie....

Comment

Originally posted by Mayday View Post
                    Pretty much every modern animation movie besides the Toy Story series (Happy Feet, Shark Tale, Ice Age, etc., etc.)
                    actually i think most of the modern animated movies that are coming out are very good including ice age.

bolt
                    wall-e
                    kung fu panda
                    over the hedge
                    fantastic mr fox
                    wallace and grommit curse of the wererabbit
                    chicken run
                    finding nemo
                    ratatouille

Comment

Slumdog Millionaire

I Am Legend (for real, what a piece of shit)

The Princess Bride

I'm sure there's more

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                        Slumdog Millionaire

The Princess Bride

I'm sure there's more
                        i dont understand why people dont like slumdog it had a very decent drama story with even a few good shocking parts (the "nice people" pouring hot lead into childrens eyes to get money off of )

Comment

I fucking hated that movie. Will Smith was good but those CGI vampires or whatever ruined it for me. Movie felt like a bad video game come to life.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenjis Ghost View Post
                            i dont understand why people dont like slumdog it had a very decent drama story with even a few good shocking parts (the "nice people" pouring hot lead into childrens eyes to get money off of )
                            I suppose I don't HATE it... but it ridiculously overrated. 8 Oscars?? A SAG award for best ensemble cast? Bullshit!

It just sort of bakes my noodle that it's political undertones overwhelmed the mildly entertaining plot.

edit
                            I should add that I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10... mainly because Boyle is a god damned magician with the camera.

I fucking hated that movie. Will Smith was good but those CGI vampires or whatever ruined it for me. Movie felt like a bad video game come to life.
                            Exactly. The plot is great, but it was executed very poorly. Smith's acting is the only positive I can see in the film. I remember seeing it the opening night back when it came out and was livid at the results. The CGI was embarrassing for a film with such a large budget.
                            Last edited by The Revelator; 11-23-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Quite possibly the worst CGI I've seen.

AG DRAFT 2015

1. Requiem for a Dream (2000) - D. Aronofsky
                              2. Birdman (2014) - A. González Iñárritu
                              3. Dazed and Confused (1993) - R. Linklater
                              4. There Will Be Blood (2007) - P. T. Anderson
                              5. Thirst (2009) - C. Park
                              6. Dead Man's Shoes (2004) - S. Meadows
                              7. Pusher (1996) - N. Winding Refn
                              8. Gomorrah (2008 ) - M. Garrone
                              9. The Way of the Gun (2000) - C. McQuarrie
                              10. Sexy Beast (2000) - J. Glazer

Comment

I suppose I don't HATE it... but it ridiculously overrated. 8 Oscars?? A SAG award for best ensemble cast? Bullshit!

It just sort of bakes my noodle that it's political undertones overwhelmed the mildly entertaining plot.

edit
                                I should add that I would give it a 7 or 8 out of 10... mainly because Boyle is a god damned magician with the camera.

Exactly. The plot is great, but it was executed very poorly. Smith's acting is the only positive I can see in the film. I remember seeing it the opening night back when it came out and was livid at the results. The CGI was embarrassing for a film with such a large budget.

I do get your point slightly, I guess I feel the same way about The Hurt Locker, It was a decent film, but in NO way better than Avatar and Inglourious Basterds...

Comment

Working...
                                X