No announcement yet.

Lord Of The Rings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"LOTR: The Two Towers"......A true epic action adventure. More great special effects..outstanding music score...and beautiful costumes. Featuring the best CGI character I have ever seen..powered by a sensational performance by Andy Serkis. The cast was top notch once again. Loved the telepathic scene between Galadriel and Elrond. Once again Cate Blanchett lights up and takes command of the screen. Love watching/listening to her speak in Elvish. A brief but very memorable scene..and her voiceover/narration is critical to the story. Viggo Mortensen once again powerfully brings Aragorn to life. The man is brilliant!! A true hero!! Sean Astin and Elijah Wood continue with dramatic,touching, and terrific performances. Special mention to Brad Dourif as "Wormtongue" in a terrific supporting turn!! Nominated for 6 Academy Awards (including Best Picture) and winning 2...this supreme action adventure is top notch!!

10/10

Comment

Originally posted by HorrorMovieFan View Post
      "LOTR:The Fellowship Of The Ring".......What a superb movie. Sensational directing and cinematography. Wonderful cast and beautifully done performances. Great special effects,fantastic music score, and a great adapted screenplay. Outstanding performances by Ian MCKellen,Viggo Mortensen,Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee,and Sean Bean. Dramatic and touching turns by Sean Astin and Elijah Wood. The whole damn cast was great!! I love Blanchett as "Galadriel". Now this is what I call "screen presence" . Her voice over prologue catches you in an instant. Her "Lady Of Light" scenes are full of magic,mystery,beauty, and grace!! Viggo Mortensen is superb.Totally blows me away with his scenes. Such a commanding and heroic performance. A brilliantly made film!! Nominated for 13 Academy Awards and winning 4 ,it should have also won Best Picture!!

10/10
      great post and agree that fellowship should have won best picture.

Comment

Originally posted by oxley View Post
        I think these films are pretty overrated. I haven't watched any of them for a long time, but I've seen them all 2 - 4 times. Just wasn't a fan really, although that genre of medieval epic films doesn't really stand out to me any more. I'll probably give them another chance, I like the characters, but it just didn't impress me.
        These movies are completely overrated. And the fact they didn't include Scouring of the Shire pissed me off! And no Tom Bombadil, either. Yes, I've read the books, and the books are way better. This is Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, doesn't have much to do with JRR Tolkien.

I thought that Willow was actually closer to the spirit of the book.

Comment

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
          These movies are completely overrated. And the fact they didn't include Scouring of the Shire pissed me off! And no Tom Bombadil, either. Yes, I've read the books, and the books are way better. This is Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings, doesn't have much to do with JRR Tolkien.

These films are as good if not better than what any Tolkien fan, except you, of course, could imagine.

The amount of love and attention to detail that was put in these were phenomenal despite the omitting of Tom Bombadil and some other moments.

I like Two Towers the most as many, but I would love it even more if it also included Sam's fight with Shelob.

My only critique of the entire series was that every action scene spotlighting Legolas looked wonky as hell.

Comment

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post

Tom Bombadil is a silly character, who would not have worked on film. It was a wise choice to disclude him.

The films aren't overrated in the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
              The films aren't overrated in the least.
              Agreed. LOTR is THE perfect motion picture trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
                Agreed. LOTR is THE perfect motion picture trilogy.
                BttF>LotR

Comment

Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                  BttF>LotR
                  No way! BTTF 1 is great, and the other two are good. But LOTR is just great throughout.
                  Last edited by Vlad The Impaler; 04-10-2011, 10:12 AM.

Comment

BttF>LotR
                    Back To The Future, Jurassic Park, Evil Dead...I find LOTR very overrated honestly. But I won't troll this thread.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

BttF>LotR
                      Part one and two are gold, but part three is pretty bad.

It's up there though, as far as great trilogies go.

Jackson broke the mold, and actually made the third part of the trilogy one of, if not the best entry in the franchise. Can't say that about too many other trilogies.

Jurassic Park 3 = shit

The Matrix 3 = Nearly unwatchable

Star Wars 3 = The weakest entry to most(I like it though, puppets and all)

The Godfather 3 = Dear God, somebody burn the original print.

Terminator 3 = I like it, but would be fooling myself to say it's on par with the first two

The only other franchise I think that holds the same level of perfection as LOTR, is Toy Story.

Comment

The only trilogy I can think of that is as good/better than LotR trilogy as far as quality throughout is The Man With No Name trilogy. A Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More and the Good The Bad and The Ugly.

Comment

This series is one of the most important, epic, and perfect of modern cinema (not to mention one of my favorites).

I don't think I will ever get tired of watching these movies... Return is my favorite, followed by the Fellowship, and my "least favorite" is Two Towers.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                            This series is one of the most important, epic, and perfect of modern cinema (not to mention one of my favorites).

I don't think I will ever get tired of watching these movies... Return is my favorite, followed by the Fellowship, and my "least favorite" is Two Towers.
                            really? Why is Tow Towers your least favorite? Obvioulsy you are probably just splitting hairs here but I'd rather watch the battle of Helms Deep and the Riders of Rohan! Of course there is a shit ton more riders in Return but Helms Deep is my favorite.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
                              really? Why is Tow Towers your least favorite? Obvioulsy you are probably just splitting hairs here but I'd rather watch the battle of Helms Deep and the Riders of Rohan! Of course there is a shit ton more riders in Return but Helms Deep is my favorite.
                              I put "least favorite" in parenthesis because every movie is 11/10 in my book.... I don't know why I "prefer" some to others.

I never watch just one film of these at a time... if I watch Lord of the Rings its always on a day where I have absolutely nothing to do so I can watch all 11 1/2 hours of the entire extended series non stop. I usually find time to do this at least once or twice a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
                                I didn't much care for it either, when I first saw it. It's a good middle movie, but I remember being quite let down, after I was obsessed with Fellowship. It's just a bunch of battles, which is fine, but it was missing the mystique of the first film, as far as I'm concerned. Also the scenes with the Ents, get pretty tiresome. Half the film is watching Pippen(or the other hobbit, I can't remember) sitting on top of Treebeard talking, as they SLOWLY walk through the forrest. The effects for those scenes are kind of laughable too. I always thought the battle at Helm's Deep was too dark as well. I couldn't see half the shit that was going on. To this day, I still get lost in that scene.

I also never liked the way Gandalf was just conveniently resurrected, either. I always thought that was the weakest element of the trilogy.

For my money, The Two Towers was the weakest entry in the series.

Comment

Working...
                                X