Lord Of The Rings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    I never watch just one film of these at a time... if I watch Lord of the Rings its always on a day where I have absolutely nothing to do so I can watch all 11 1/2 hours of the entire extended series non stop. I usually find time to do this at least once or twice a year.
    That's one hell of a movie marathon! Almost 12 hours?!? I guess I would lost my concentration on the last film, if I would do such a thing. Well, kudos to your persistency.

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
    The Godfather 3 = Dear God, somebody burn the original print.
    I think you are a bit to harsh with this judgment. The Godfather isn't that bad to conclude this epic story/trilogy.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Part one and two are gold, but part three is pretty bad.

It's up there though, as far as great trilogies go.

Jackson broke the mold, and actually made the third part of the trilogy one of, if not the best entry in the franchise. Can't say that about too many other trilogies.

Jurassic Park 3 = shit

The Matrix 3 = Nearly unwatchable

Star Wars 3 = The weakest entry to most(I like it though, puppets and all)

The Godfather 3 = Dear God, somebody burn the original print.

Terminator 3 = I like it, but would be fooling myself to say it's on par with the first two

The only other franchise I think that holds the same level of perfection as LOTR, is Toy Story.
      Return and Fellowship are tied, but I love all three.

As far as near perfect trilogies...I think the Bourne trilogy would be pretty high up there, in addition to the fantastic Toy Story trilogy.
      sigpic

Comment

Jurassic Park 3 = shit
        I really like that one, honestly.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

Originally posted by Devouring Sickness View Post

As far as near perfect trilogies...I think the Bourne trilogy would be pretty high up there, in addition to the fantastic Toy Story trilogy.
          Toy Story is great. I feel asleep 3/4 of the way through the first Bourne movie because I was bored and never tried the others.

As far as The Lord of the Rings trilogy, they are great entertainment but nothing that stuck in my brain like some people. I was honestly hoping Del Toro would show up Jackson with The Hobbit, but now we will just have to see what Jackson does with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Devouring Sickness View Post

Since I liked the books more I didn't like what they did with the sequels. Especially the second one.

Originally posted by bloodypacman View Post
            Oh yeah. what's not to like, worst CGI of the series, crappy story, screw up the metaphorical awesomeness that is the Raptors, kill off all the unimportant characters immediately so there isn't any impending doom for the rest of the film. Totally see why you'd like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
              The only trilogy I can think of that is as good/better than LotR trilogy as far as quality throughout is The Man With No Name trilogy. A Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More and the Good The Bad and The Ugly.
              Agreed.

Comment

Oh yeah. what's not to like, worst CGI of the series, crappy story, screw up the metaphorical awesomeness that is the Raptors, kill off all the unimportant characters immediately so there isn't any impending doom for the rest of the film. Totally see why you'd like it.
                CGI was the weakest but it wasn't bad, it had some great action scenes, a few laughs, and I liked the characters enough. The story was just Ok, I'll admit.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

Originally posted by bloodypacman View Post
                  I was gonna say I kind of like it too. *hangs head

I like that it's pretty dark and tighter than the first two. As a dinosaur freak, I loved the inclusion of the Spinosaurus, which really was a bad motherfucker. Guilty pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by capecep View Post
                    I was gonna say I kind of like it too. *hangs head

I like that it's pretty dark and tighter than the first two. As a dinosaur freak, I loved the inclusion of the Spinosaurus, which really was a bad motherfucker. Guilty pleasure.
                    I can understand someone enjoying it but because of it's lack of quality in most regards it ruins JP from being a "perfect trilogy" which was kind of the subject at hand. Tis all. I mean I watch it just cause Grant is my favorite character, mostly cause Sam Neil is awesome.

Comment

I can understand someone enjoying it but because of it's lack of quality in most regards it ruins JP from being a "perfect trilogy" which was kind of the subject at hand. Tis all. I mean I watch it just cause Grant is my favorite character, mostly cause Sam Neil is awesome.

I didn't mean it was a perfect trilogy, I just really like 3.

Comment

The only trilogy I can think of that is as good/better than LotR trilogy as far as quality throughout is The Man With No Name trilogy. A Fistful of Dollars, A Few Dollars More and the Good The Bad and The Ugly.
                        Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                        Agreed.
                        I agree with this as well.

Although they are not related to each other directly, another perfect one is Park Chan Wook's Vengeance trilogy.

Another one that could potentially be perfect is Nolan's Batman trilogy. We'll have to wait and see next year.

Comment

I mean I watch it just cause Grant is my favorite character, mostly cause Sam Neil is awesome.
                          He was the main reason why I watched it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
                            Another one that could potentially be perfect is Nolan's Batman trilogy. We'll have to wait and see next year.
                            It would be hard for the third movie to make it a perfect trilogy when the first two are not.

Comment

Originally posted by Klownz View Post
                              He was the main reason why I watched it.
                              And the main reason why I hated it. It was such a wasted oppourtunity. JP3 had all the pieces to make something memorable, but the people behind it were too focussed on showing you dinosaurs that hadn't been in the JP universe yet.

The Lost World was pretty bad, but at least they tried something different, and had some decent action scenes.

I also thought the special effects were horrible in JP3. The dinosaurs moved like machines, and looked completely fake.

I really don't get the defense for JP3. It's putrid.

Comment

Jurassic Park 3? People liked that?

Only the first one is worth watching a second time... and the series as a whole is certainly not even close to Lord of the Rings standards.

Comment

Working...
                                X