Lord Of The Rings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lord Of The Rings

all the talk about the hobbit has made me want to start a thread on the epic lord of the rings trilogy. these movies are fantastic. peter jackson did a phenomenal job on these films.

The Two Towers is the best installment.

Fellowship is slightly snooze worthy and King is all battles.

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post

But Fellowship wasn't a snooze fest when it came out. It just suffers as being the introduction which makes it very minimal in scope comparatively but it's still very well made. But yes I do agree that Two Towers is the best but that's only because I love Smeagle. Surkis should have been nominated for something for his work.

Comment

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post

Originally posted by Mr. Monkey View Post
        But Fellowship wasn't a snooze fest when it came out. It just suffers as being the introduction which makes it very minimal in scope comparatively but it's still very well made. But yes I do agree that Two Towers is the best but that's only because I love Smeagle. Surkis should have been nominated for something for his work.
        'The Two Towers' is my favorite of the three as well, but the whole trilogy is near cinematic perfection IMO.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]b0sc-gS9AqM[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

Amazing movies. Definitely among my favorites. Return of the King is my favorite installment. :]

Comment

The LOTR are pure cinematic gold of the highest rank. The Two Towers is my favorite too - the darkest installment of the three. Have a big framed poster of it hanging in my living room.

Can't wait for the Blu-ray of the extended versions.
              Last edited by Santa; 04-06-2011, 12:20 PM.
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                The extended versions are so much better.

Comment

Fellowship is my favorite. I think it's the most well rounded flick, of the three. It also has the most "fantasy" elements of them all as well. Being the first film in the trilogy, it also had a lot more mystery, and wow factor.

The whole trilogy is outstanding though.

Comment

Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest cinematic trilogies ever put to screen. I remember seeing each of them in theaters and now I watch the extended editions in succession once every year around Christmas, to fill the void of no more Rings movies being released around that time anymore. It's always a blast - My friends and I get together and have a viewing party.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
                    The Gingerdead Man
                    Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
                    Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                      The LOTR are pure cinematic gold of the highest rank. The Two Towers is my favorite too - the darkest installment of the three. Have a big framed poster of it hanging in my living room.

I have the poster too.

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
                      Lord of the Rings is one of the greatest cinematic trilogies ever put to screen. I remember seeing each of them in theaters and now I watch the extended editions in succession once every year around Christmas, to fill the void of no more Rings movies being released around that time anymore. It's always a blast - My friends and I get together and have a viewing party.
                      Used to do that but I don't really have 16 hours to waste anymore.

Comment

I think these films are pretty overrated. I haven't watched any of them for a long time, but I've seen them all 2 - 4 times. Just wasn't a fan really, although that genre of medieval epic films doesn't really stand out to me any more. I'll probably give them another chance, I like the characters, but it just didn't impress me.
                        A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

I love these movies always have and always will, Boromir gotta be my fav character such a manical edge to him, gotta love him
                          Hail The Prince Of Saiyans

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
                            I used to do that too. Two years in a row I started them at 8 at night and finished around 8 the next morning. I stopped doing it once I realized that a.) It made me incredibly tired and b.) They come on TV all the time during the Christmas season, so I can watch them over a period of a few days.

Comment

"LOTR:The Fellowship Of The Ring".......What a superb movie. Sensational directing and cinematography. Wonderful cast and beautifully done performances. Great special effects,fantastic music score, and a great adapted screenplay. Outstanding performances by Ian MCKellen,Viggo Mortensen,Cate Blanchett, Christopher Lee,and Sean Bean. Dramatic and touching turns by Sean Astin and Elijah Wood. The whole damn cast was great!! I love Blanchett as "Galadriel". Now this is what I call "screen presence" . Her voice over prologue catches you in an instant. Her "Lady Of Light" scenes are full of magic,mystery,beauty, and grace!! Viggo Mortensen is superb.Totally blows me away with his scenes. Such a commanding and heroic performance. A brilliantly made film!! Nominated for 13 Academy Awards and winning 4 ,it should have also won Best Picture!!

10/10

Comment

Working...
                              X