Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by legionsOFtheDEAD View Post
    yep same here plus the fact I think tarantino is overrated.
    I love QT but I've become more critical of his work over time. I don't automatically cream my jeans when one of his films comes out like most of his fans.
    Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Then it's my job to teach them how to do it, how they will be able to master a rockhard dick with their skillfull tongue - simple. I did that once, I'll do it again, no prob for Santa.

Comment

• I just think he gets far too much credit then he deserves. inglorious bastards and death proof where terrible.

Fincher ahhhh ok yeah that does calm me down a bit, i was not aware of that
      [XBOXLIVE]yngwieclone[/XBOXLIVE]

Comment

inglorious bastards and death proof where terrible.
        I don't know how in the hell you can call IB terrible. The first 25 minutes alone was a filmmaking tour de force.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
          I don't know how in the hell you can call IB terrible. The first 25 minutes alone was a filmmaking tour de force.
          I know its fiction but come on 200 top nazi officials including Hitler in occupied France. watching a movie of all things,with only 2 armed guards when oh i dont know WW2 is going on come on. plus brad pitts accent is beyond terrible
          Last edited by legionsOFtheDEAD; 06-23-2011, 03:11 PM.

Comment

I know its fiction but come on 200 top nazi officials including Hitler in occupied France. watching a movie of all things,with only 2 armed guards when oh i dont know WW2 is going on come on. plus brad pitts accent is beyond terrible
            I think you missed the point of Pitts accent. It was suppose to be terrible. You know humor.

Comment

• Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
              I think you missed the point of Pitts accent. It was suppose to be terrible. You know humor.
              is that what that was suppose to be

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                I hate Jamie Foxx. My interest in this project just went out the window.
                He's not my fave actor in the world but he's talented and a lot more tolerable than Will Smith.

Besides, Leo DiCaprio, Christoph Waltz and Samuel L Jackson are all in this and those three are brilliant actors.

Originally posted by legionsOFtheDEAD View Post
                Did you not notice the "Once upon a time, in Nazi occupied France" title that flashed on the screen at the very beginning. It's a fairy tale version of history through the eyes of QT.

Also, the Nazi regime being killed in a cinema is pretty symbolic.

Comment

• Originally posted by MovieGeek View Post
                  I hate Jamie Foxx. My interest in this project just went out the window.
                  Now you know how I felt when I heard Jamie Foxx is going to play as Lynch in the movie Kane & Lynch. The movie will be based on the (2007) videogame Kane & Lynch.
                  Last edited by †Cemetery Man†; 07-07-2011, 01:41 AM.

Comment

I think you're missing the point of the film. It's a celebration of cinema, and what better way to celebrate the power of film, than by having the Nazi regime get trapped by it.

Look beyond what is considered "realistic". It's a comicbook film, of a war movie. There is not one wasted minute, in it's near three hour runtime. It's about as flawless of a film, I can think of, in the modern era.

As for this, Jamie Foxx is underappreciated. He is a great choice.

Comment

I am kinda iffy on the Dragon Tattoo adaptation seeing as the (2009) version is a very good movie and we know how much Hollywood fuck stuff like this up.
                      Originally posted by cubbiechris View Post
                      It's Fincher. Don't worry, it'll be awesome.
                      What Chris said. Fincher delivers quality every time. Daniel Craig seems well cast as well

I haven't seen the original film but I've read the book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                        I think you're missing the point of the film. It's a celebration of cinema, and what better way to celebrate the power of film, than by having the Nazi regime get trapped by it.

Look beyond what is considered "realistic". It's a comicbook film, of a war movie. There is not one wasted minute, in it's near three hour runtime. It's about as flawless of a film, I can think of, in the modern era.

As for this, Jamie Foxx is underappreciated. He is a great choice.
                        Exactly. It's like saying there is no way Uma could kill the crazy 88's all by herself. He's having fun with the genre and history. Much like X-Men: First Class did.

Comment

• Kevin Costner Negotiating With Tarantino to Join ‘Django Unchained’

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/new...-tarantino.php

Comment

• Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                            Kevin Costner Negotiating With Tarantino to Join ‘Django Unchained’

http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/new...-tarantino.php
                            And history shows that Tarantino loves to take actors who used to be a big deal and give them a chance to shine once again.

If Costner signs on the dotted line, he will get a chance to do just that, as the role he is up for is that of Ace Woody, the brutal taskmaster who trains slaves to fight one another in gladiatorial battles.

It’s a showy, villainous role that could very well get Costner a lot of attention, much like Waltz’s Jew hunter character did in Inglorious Basterds. As he showed in Mr. Brooks, Costner can impress when putting on the black hat, so it should be interesting to see what comes of this
                            Damn I love Tarantino, that is a brilliant fucking casting choice right there....

Costner as a villian is just a great idea, he needs more bad guy roles, he's already proven he's capable of it with Mr. Brooks.

Just when I think I can't get more excited about this film, so new info trickles onto the internet....

Comment

• Kevin Costner is an interesting choice.

The guy cops a lot of hate but I don't mind him, and knowing QT's track record this might be the role to put him back in the A league.

This movie has an awesome cast.

Comment

• I just hope this film is better than his last two, real letdowns.
                                Cinema Junkyard

Comment

Working...
                                X