Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
    Apparently Ennio Morricone hated working with Tarantino and thought Django Unchained was bad.

http://www.slashfilm.com/ennio-morri...rantino-again/
    I hope he doesn't misinterpret his quote. Morricone didn't say he Tarantino's taste in music was bad, he said his USE of music is shitty. That's a big difference imo.
    Though, it must kinda hurt to get shaved my a legend he admires so much.

I won't pick sides here.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
      I hope he doesn't misinterpret his quote. Morricone didn't say he Tarantino's taste in music was bad, he said his USE of music is shitty. That's a big difference imo.

I won't pick sides here.
      Tarantino doesn't seem to be everyones cup of tea, he's kinda weird and it makes most of his movies awesome! lol I can totally see how people would be annoyed with what he does. I don't agree with Morricone, I love the how the music is intertwined in it. Its kinda over the top like everything else about his films.

Comment

I won't pick sides here.
        Well yeah, but in the full interview Morricone sounds like a complete asshole... He basically says DU was a waste of time and Tarantino rushed everything

Comment

• Originally posted by craftychicka View Post
          Tarantino doesn't seem to be everyones cup of tea, he's kinda weird and it makes most of his movies awesome! lol I can totally see how people would be annoyed with what he does. I don't agree with Morricone, I love the how the music is intertwined in it. Its kinda over the top like everything else about his films.
          Of course it does, it's meant to. This film is a huge ol' hat tip to the Spag Westerns. Of course it's going to be over the top. Much like Kill Bill is a nod to said films, and old school Kung Fu movies.

There is going to be people who dislike the films for that reason. But he doesn't make films to please everyone. He makes films mostly in tribute to the ones he grew up loving as a kid, which is awesome. Hell, the guy even bought a theatre somewhere, and screens all those awesome old school flicks there.

Its obvious he does it for the sheer love, and it shows in every aspect of his films, actors give some of their best performances in his work. And I can see how his love of doing it, is greater than his money hungry side, as to a reason other people in his position might not have such wide eyes for him.
          "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
          Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
          My little idiot..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
            Well yeah, but in the full interview Morricone sounds like a complete asshole... He basically says DU was a waste of time and Tarantino rushed everything.
            We don't know what really happened. And Tarantino will avoid a confrontation or a fight with him, since he adores and respects Morricone so much.
            Morricone comes from a total different generation and work ethic, he is over 80 and hence not the fastest anymore.
            I won't judge this situation at all. Both are legends in their game, Morricone even more than Quentin. No hate here.
            "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
            Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

We don't know what really happened. And Tarantino will avoid a confrontation or a fight with him, since he adores and respects Morricone so much.
              Morricone comes from a total different generation and work ethic, he is over 80 and hence not the fastest anymore.
              I won't judge this situation at all. Both are legends in their game, Morricone even more than Quentin. No hate here.
              Well if all f that is true Ennio should have kept his trap shut.

Edit

It isn't a huge deal I just think its kind of annoying
              Last edited by The Revelator; 03-19-2013, 08:49 AM.

Comment

• Finally got to watching this. Fucking love it! 9.5/10

The bag scene was hilarious. "Damn, I can't see fuckin shit outta this thing!"

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodydollface View Post
                  Finally got to watching this. Fucking love it! 9.5/10

The bag scene was hilarious. "Damn, I can't see fuckin shit outta this thing!"

"It'd be nice to see"....

Comment

• Originally posted by The Bear Jew View Post
                    "It'd be nice to see"....
                    All I hear is criticize... criticize... criticize...

Comment

• My girlfriend and I are watching Django and we were wondering something that I wanted to ask the forum's opinion on.

[SPOILER]When Candie puts so much emphasis on wanting Schultz to shake his hand before he gets shot in the heart, do you think he was going to do something to him had he not shot him first? I think QT had some sort of meaning behind all of that or something.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
                        My girlfriend and I are watching Django and we were wondering something that I wanted to ask the forum's opinion on.

[SPOILER]When Candie puts so much emphasis on wanting Schultz to shake his hand before he gets shot in the heart, do you think he was going to do something to him had he not shot him first? I think QT had some sort of meaning behind all of that or something.[/SPOILER]
                        Nah. I think it was just Candie being a pompous wanker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                          Nah. I think it was just Candie being a pompous wanker.
                          Yeah he just wanted to shove it in Shultz's face that he outsmarted him.

Finally have this coming in the mail.
                          Bow to the Schlock King

B-Movie Madness

Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

Comment

• So after thinking about this for a while I have a theory.

[SPOILER]Technically the only time Dr. Schultz breaks the law is when he kills Candie. Despite Candie's overly aggressive behavior when he confronts Django and Schultz about Broomhilda, he did nothing illegal. After asking about the handshake incident I have came to the conclusion that Schultz was a sore loser and had he not killed Candie none of that would have happened at the end so in my opinion in this matter Schultz and Django were overall the villains in the end. Does anyone else agree with me?[/SPOILER]

Comment

So after thinking about this for a while I have a theory.

[SPOILER]Technically the only time Dr. Schultz breaks the law is when he kills Candie. Despite Candie's overly aggressive behavior when he confronts Django and Schultz about Broomhilda, he did nothing illegal. After asking about the handshake incident I have came to the conclusion that Schultz was a sore loser and had he not killed Candie none of that would have happened at the end so in my opinion in this matter Schultz and Django were overall the villains in the end. Does anyone else agree with me?[/SPOILER]
                              No I disagree, Schultz and Django were all about justice. I don't think they were the villains at all! What Candie was doing was disgraceful, legal or otherwise.
                              ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

So after thinking about this for a while I have a theory.

Candie didn't do anything "illegal" ergo he is a good guy.

Candie is an evil fuck. Candie allowing two slaves beat the hell out each other doesn't warrant him being viewed as the antagonist? What about the fact that he allowed hunting dogs shred his runaway slave to pieces?

If Alabama gave you the thumbs up to bang your sister, does that make it morally okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X