Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lonniedarko View Post

Candie didn't do anything "illegal" ergo he is a good guy.

Candie is an evil fuck. Candie allowing two slaves beat the hell out each other doesn't warrant him being viewed as the antagonist? What about the fact that he allowed hunting dogs shred his runaway slave to pieces?

If Alabama gave you the thumbs up to bang your sister, does that make it morally okay?
    [SPOILER]No, but I mean Schultz throughout the film made sure he did everything legally which is why he wanted Dango to kill Big Daddy. I never said Candie wasn't a bad guy, I am just saying that Schultz did not have to shoot him and they would have been able to of left Candieland without Schultz being killed and all the other shit that happened because Schultz was a sore loser. He even said just before being killed "Sorry, I couldn't resist." To me he killed Candie over an obvious ego issue.[/SPOILER]

Also, next time you post something about a newer film that people here may have not seen please use the spoiler tag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frey View Post
      [SPOILER]No, but I mean Schultz throughout the film made sure he did everything legally which is why he wanted Dango to kill Big Daddy. I never said Candie wasn't a bad guy, I am just saying that Schultz did not have to shoot him and they would have been able to of left Candieland without Schultz being killed and all the other shit that happened because Schultz was a sore loser. He even said just before being killed "Sorry, I couldn't resist." To me he killed Candie over an obvious ego issue.[/SPOILER]

Also, next time you post something about a newer film that people here may have not seen please use the spoiler tag.
      Que?

[SPOILER]Ego had little to do with the killing of Candie. Both Shultz and Django tried to leave repeatedly. It was Candie that insisted that he shake hands. Shultz couldn't allow Candie to live any longer. There is a reason that Tarantino cut in those slave killing shots during the harp music. Shultz couldn't resist killing him becuase ironically, Candie is holding his arm out to him, the same arm that Shulltz keeps a small firearm in his sleeve.[/SPOILER]

Comment

I see what you mean, but I think sore loser is the wrong way to put it. Candie is obviously an evil man and Schultz (who found slavery revolting) couldn't just walk away. I thought that [SPOILER]Schultz's flashes of the slaves dying was a great touch that made his killing of Candie even more satisfying. It showed that whatever the consequences, Candie had to die because he was a majorly malevolent presence.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
          I see what you mean, but I think sore loser is the wrong way to put it. Candie is obviously an evil man and Schultz (who found slavery revolting) couldn't just walk away. I thought that [SPOILER]Schultz's flashes of the slaves dying was a great touch that made his killing of Candie even more satisfying. It showed that whatever the consequences, Candie had to die because he was a majorly malevolent presence.[/SPOILER]
          I see your point and I knew he was getting physically sick while thinking of those violent images in his head. I knew it was a contributing factor to what happened. I guess there wasn't really any evidence in the movie to make Schultz look like a sore loser. It just sucks that

[SPOILER]his actions got him killed.[/SPOILER]

Comment

So after thinking about this for a while I have a theory.

[SPOILER]Technically the only time Dr. Schultz breaks the law is when he kills Candie. Despite Candie's overly aggressive behavior when he confronts Django and Schultz about Broomhilda, he did nothing illegal. After asking about the handshake incident I have came to the conclusion that Schultz was a sore loser and had he not killed Candie none of that would have happened at the end so in my opinion in this matter Schultz and Django were overall the villains in the end. Does anyone else agree with me?[/SPOILER]

Fuck you come up with some shit man.

When is this coming out in Aussie? I can't find it ANYWHERE!!?!!?!?!?
            A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by oxley View Post

Fuck you come up with some shit man.

When is this coming out in Aussie? I can't find it ANYWHERE!!?!!?!?!?
              The Aussie version came out first under a different title, Rocco's Modern Life.

Comment

The Aussie version came out first under a different title, Rocco's Modern Life.

A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

You haven't gotten it yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                    You haven't gotten it yet?

Not to my knowledge. I've checked 3 different places and it isn't anywhere!!

Comment

Not to my knowledge. I've checked 3 different places and it isn't anywhere!!
                      Just order it off the interwebs

Comment

• [YOUTUBE]Il0nyhDvfKo[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited by Santa; 05-13-2013, 08:42 AM.
                        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• I saw Django again on Blu-ray last night! It looked incredible!

I'm pretty sure that the Candyland shootout is one of the best scenes EVER! I was almost frothing at the mouth
                          ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa View Post
                            [YOUTUBE]Il0nyhDvfKo[/YOUTUBE]

Chicks suck at being funny.

I loved Django. You can always tell a Tarantino movie by the copious amounts of blood.

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                              Really? Female comedians make me laugh the most! I love Jennifer Saunders, Dawn French, Miranda Hart, Bette Midler, Whoopi Goldberg etc. GIRL POWER!
                              ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by voodoo_dolly View Post
                                Bitch please, don't be so damn harsh with those girls. Seems like this is mommy and daughter trying to act out like pro's.
                                At least you hear the fantastic theme.

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
                                Really? Female comedians make me laugh the most! I love Jennifer Saunders, Dawn French, Miranda Hart, Bette Midler, Whoopi Goldberg etc. GIRL POWER!
                                All the way stupid bitches.
                                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                                X