Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quentin Tarantino's Django Unchained (2012)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
    ... While itís 100 percent pure popcorn and revenge flick, it is pure genius in the way it takes on the evil slave owning south. Think of what he did with the Nazis in Inglorious and youíll get a sense of what heís doing with slave owners and slave overseers in this one."

    Obviously this reviewer has been conditioned to think there were no slaves in the North and that the Northern states went to war to right an inhumane wrong and free the Southern Slave. Mmm-hmm, yeah right.
    Me @ IMDB :::
    Me @ facebook.com :: Sick Boy @ youtube.com

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
      "Django is a freed slave, who, under the tutelage of a German bounty hunter (played by Christopher Waltz the evil Nazi officer in Inglorious Basterds) becomes a bad-ass bounty hunter himself, and after assisting Waltz in taking down some bad guys for profit, is helped by Waltz in tracking down his slave wife and liberating her from an evil plantation owner. And that doesnít even half begin to cover it! This film deals with racism as Iíve rarely seen it handled in a Hollywood film. While itís 100 percent pure popcorn and revenge flick, it is pure genius in the way it takes on the evil slave owning south. Think of what he did with the Nazis in Inglorious and youíll get a sense of what heís doing with slave owners and slave overseers in this one."



      I just came.
      I just came too.

      This sounds like all levels of pure awesomeness, and Christoph Waltz !

      I'm sensing a new Scorsese/De Niro style relationship here.

      QT hasn't let me down yet. I'll be there opening day.

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by BurnetRhoades View Post
        Obviously this reviewer has been conditioned to think there were no slaves in the North and that the Northern states went to war to right an inhumane wrong and free the Southern Slave. Mmm-hmm, yeah right.
        I think you may be reading a little to far into a small quote from a review.

        Comment


        • #34
          Ennio morricone has 2 be doing

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by rusted31 View Post

            QT hasn't let me down yet. I'll be there opening day.
            *COUGH* Death Proof *COUGH*

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by dead breed View Post
              *COUGH* Death Proof *COUGH*
              I will agree that it's probably his weakest effort, but it's still a good movie.
              1. John Wick (2014)
              2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
              3. Escape from New York (1981)
              4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
              5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
              6. Vigilante (1983)
              7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
              8. Over the Edge (1979)
              9. Inherent Vice (2014)
              10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by tymishu78 View Post
                I will agree that it's probably his weakest effort, but it's still a good movie.
                Yeah, man!

                You can't go wrong with Stuntman Mike.

                Sometimes I drive an hour outside of town to get to this burger joint that has girls on roller-skates bringing out the food. I like to drive there and pretend I'm Stuntman Mike and proceed with an unhealthy amount of leering.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                  *COUGH* Death Proof *COUGH*
                  I used to agree, but even that one has grown on me. The soundtrack is one of his best, and Stuntman Mike is a blast to watch. It gets a bit too chatty at times, and is QT weakest film overall, but there is a certain charm to it that I appreciate more with each viewing.


                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                    *COUGH* Death Proof *COUGH*
                    I actually liked it more on the second viewing.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                      I used to agree, but even that one has grown on me. The soundtrack is one of his best, and Stuntman Mike is a blast to watch. It gets a bit too chatty at times, and is QT weakest film overall, but there is a certain charm to it that I appreciate more with each viewing.
                      The whole thing is worth it for this scene alone.

                      Stuntman Mike: Well, Pam... Which way you going, left or right?
                      Pam: Right!
                      Stuntman Mike: Oh, that's too bad...
                      Pam: Why?
                      Stuntman Mike: Because it was a fifty fifty shot on whether you'd be going left or right. You see we're both going left. You could have just as easily been going left, too. And if that was the case... It would have been a while before you started getting scared. But since you're going the other way, I'm afraid you're gonna have to start getting scared... immediately!

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by SplitBreast View Post
                        The whole thing is worth it for this scene alone.
                        This too!
                        [YOUTUBE]_M1r3e1eCNg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                        1. John Wick (2014)
                        2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
                        3. Escape from New York (1981)
                        4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
                        5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
                        6. Vigilante (1983)
                        7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
                        8. Over the Edge (1979)
                        9. Inherent Vice (2014)
                        10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by tymishu78 View Post
                          This too!
                          [YOUTUBE]_M1r3e1eCNg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                          The fact that that scene was done entirely with practical effects makes it even more insane. But if we're mentioning great scenes, the car chase cannot be overshadowed. I haven't been that excited over a car chase in years, and I'm almost 100% sure that's down to the overuse of CGI nowadays.

                          I agree that Death Proof is a movie that improves with replay. I remember not liking it at all at one point, but I still had the urge to watch it often... like Heretic said, it does have a charm to it and though it is poorly paced at times, there are some absolutely awesome moments that lift the film.

                          He's never done a dud movie, Death Proof is not a bad movie at all and probably gets so much slack because it gets compared too much with his others.

                          I literally cannot wait for this movie. It'll be good to see another Waltz performance under his direction; ever since his Basterds fame he's done a slew of weak-to-average mainstream movies and he can do so much better. This has now become my most anticipated film... there's just too damn long to wait now!
                          .

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                            The fact that that scene was done entirely with practical effects makes it even more insane. But if we're mentioning great scenes, the car chase cannot be overshadowed. I haven't been that excited over a car chase in years, and I'm almost 100% sure that's down to the overuse of CGI nowadays.

                            I agree that Death Proof is a movie that improves with replay. I remember not liking it at all at one point, but I still had the urge to watch it often... like Heretic said, it does have a charm to it and though it is poorly paced at times, there are some absolutely awesome moments that lift the film.

                            He's never done a dud movie, Death Proof is not a bad movie at all and probably gets so much slack because it gets compared too much with his others.

                            I literally cannot wait for this movie. It'll be good to see another Waltz performance under his direction; ever since his Basterds fame he's done a slew of weak-to-average mainstream movies and he can do so much better. This has now become my most anticipated film... there's just too damn long to wait now!
                            Agreed!
                            1. John Wick (2014)
                            2. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly (1966)
                            3. Escape from New York (1981)
                            4. I Saw the Devil (2010)
                            5. Gone with the Pope (2010)
                            6. Vigilante (1983)
                            7. The 36th Chamber of Shaolin ( 1978 )
                            8. Over the Edge (1979)
                            9. Inherent Vice (2014)
                            10. Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by dead breed View Post
                              *COUGH* Death Proof *COUGH*
                              Death Proof is great.

                              You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
                                I think you may be reading a little to far into a small quote from a review.
                                You're probably right. As a Texan, one who lived nearly 20years on the West Coast, visited the Midwest often and parts of the East Coast about as much as I've also visited various Southern states I'm just very tired of the erroneous yet nearly ubiquitous and presumptuous perception that the South has the market cornered on bigotry, now or throughout the history of this country or that the Union half of the civil war was one of benevolence and that part of the country a Utopia of brotherhood towards non-Anglo-Saxon citizens.

                                I make that distinction from "white people" because the Irish were often regarded as an even lower class of person than the Chinese immigrant or current and former African slaves. This was the case during the time of the Civil War up into early 20th Century, though an Irish boxer was the first American celebrity who was neither an outlaw or politician (to-may-to, to-mah-to).

                                I really look forward to just about anything Tarantino does though and will try to have faith that he stays consistently smarter than conventional pop-culture defined "history".
                                Me @ IMDB :::
                                Me @ facebook.com :: Sick Boy @ youtube.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X