No announcement yet.

American Horror Story on FX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was a satisfying finale. Was pretty happy how it all turned out.

[SPOILER]I had a feeling Kit would be the one to rescue Jude. I'm happy she didn't die in the asylum. Glad the Monsignor died and loved the ending with Lana and her Son.[/SPOILER]

TAISSA FARMIGA RETURNING FOR SEASON 3

AWESOME INTERVIEW WITH RYAN MURPHY ABOUT SEASON 2 AND 3
    Last edited by Rusted; 01-24-2013, 05:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
      That was a satisfying finale. Was pretty happy how it all turned out.

[SPOILER]I had a feeling Kit would be the one to rescue Jude. I'm happy she didn't die in the asylum. Glad the Monsignor died and loved the ending with Lana and her Son.[/SPOILER]

TAISSA FARMIGA RETURNING FOR SEASON 3

AWESOME INTERVIEW WITH RYAN MURPHY ABOUT SEASON 2 AND 3
      Spoiler warning for those who haven't seen s2.

Comment

• Finished episode two yesterday and was glad being able to follow the events without major problems.
        "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
        Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Decent finale, but I expected more.

Same thing happened with season 1.

Lots of build up without any real payoff.

Comment

• There's been pay offs galore this whole season. I liked that the final episode stripped everything back and just focused on the three most important character arcs. Having Lana narrate was also a great touch.

Comment

• They took it off OnDemand so the last episode I watched was the monsignor pushing the sister over the stair ledge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                There's been pay offs galore this whole season. I liked that the final episode stripped everything back and just focused on the three most important character arcs. Having Lana narrate was also a great touch.
                The whole narration/interview aspect of the finale was flawlessly executed. Probably the best written episode all season.

Super surprised at how good McDermott was the last few episodes as well. Hopefully we get to see more of him in season 3.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

• Does this clip look familiar. This and the movie Cropsey was the inspiration for the whole season.

[YOUTUBE]k_sYn8DnlH4[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• T'was an overall pretty great season. Lange stole the show once again, so I'm glad to hear of her return for season 3, along with Sarah Paulson, Evan Peters and Taissa Farmiga from season 1.

My biggest issue with this show, which stops it from being near perfect, is the editing. They seriously need to get an editor that understands that you don't have to chop the episodes up in turbo mode and that is in indeed okay for a shot to last more than one god damn second. I think that's why sometimes the show can seem overwhelming, which others have said is down to the cluttered script. That's really the only thing that bothers me. Some people say the cinematography is terrible, but I dig it. It's got it's own visual style and all elements of the production are top notch infact. I also think the show could really benefit from a few more episodes each season, say 15 or something, to give them chance to really explore every subplot properly.

Ryan Murphy has teased that the third season will be set in the modern-day, the show will take on a much different tone, Lange will be the lead and it will be about a "female icon". He also hinted, "were contemplating shooting it in a place in the country where true horror has been".

There's alot of speculation that the third season could involve witchcraft and shoot in Salem. That would certainly fit Murphy's hints about the location.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-peters-413542

http://screenrant.com/american-horror-story-season-3/

Comment

• I think season 3 will revolve around witches. The hints provided point in that direction.

Comment

• I finally watched the last episode. As I expected Lange was amazing she brought such a depth to the many sides of 'sister jude'. But as I look back on the whole season I feel like it went from 0 to 120 back to like 50. The ending did nothing for me, but as i've said before the whole alien thing threw me off.

I'm hoping the next season will be more up my ally. Witches would be awesome!

Comment

• What an amazing finale, Lange blew me away ( like she always does) Kit rescuing Sister Jude she she didn't die in the asylum brought a tear to my eye...

Lana's confrontation with her son was and the end results was a very satisfying way to end this story arc....

Pretty much loved everything about this season/ show. Bring on season 3 and Lange!

Comment

• I rewatched the final episode again yesterday and really love how they tied up Judes story.[SPOILER] Kit rescuing her and her living out her final days with him was so touching.[/SPOILER]

Comment

• Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                              My biggest issue with this show, which stops it from being near perfect, is the editing. They seriously need to get an editor that understands that you don't have to chop the episodes up in turbo mode and that is in indeed okay for a shot to last more than one god damn second. I think that's why sometimes the show can seem overwhelming, which others have said is down to the cluttered script. That's really the only thing that bothers me. Some people say the cinematography is terrible, but I dig it. It's got it's own visual style and all elements of the production are top notch infact. I also think the show could really benefit from a few more episodes each season, say 15 or something, to give them chance to really explore every subplot properly.
                              That's my major complaint as well. It sometimes feels you are sitting within a big commercial for an asylum or a godamn freak show. The editing is just too fast and hectic up to the point becoming an distraction. I get the reason why they are doing it, but the pace isn't in the end well-balanced.
                              There's no leaning back on that show.

I like the concept of witches and the possible appearance of Salem, sounds great to me.

Next up episode three of season two.
                              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• The editing wasn't as bad in Season 1. I think it's all on purpose this time around so it fits in with the Asylum theme. Everybody is crazy and so is each episode, but it becomes very distracting.

Comment

Working...
                                X