American Horror Story on FX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Horror Story on FX

I took a look around the forums I didn't see a thread about this so I figured I'd start one. I'm really interested in this show. Have some good expectations.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/07/18/ry...-story-series/

Glee creator Ryan Murphy is getting another series off the ground. No surprise here, but FX is set to pick up his American Horror Story for 13 episodes.
    The series follows a husband and wife (Dylan McDermott and Connie Britton) who move their family to San Francisco in an attempt to rebuild their family after a miscarriage and affair — except the house is haunted.
    American Horror Story revolves around The Harmons, a family of three who move from Boston to Los Angeles as a means to reconcile past anguish. The All Star cast features Dylan McDermott (The Practice) as “Ben Harmon,” a psychiatrist; Connie Britton (Friday Night Lights) as “Vivien Harmon,” Ben’s wife; Taissa Farmiga as “Violet,” the Harmon’s teenage daughter; Jessica Lange (Tootsie, Blue Sky, Grey Gardens) in her first-ever regular series TV role as “Constance,” the Harmon’s neighbor; Evan Peters (One Tree Hill) as “Tate Langdon,” one of Ben’s patients; and Denis O’Hare (The Good Wife) as “Larry Harvey.” Guest stars for the series include Frances Conroy (Six Feet Under) and Alexandra Breckenridge (Dirt) as the Harmon’s housekeepers; and Jamie Brewer as Constance’s daughter.

This definitely excites me. I'm a fan of Ryan Murphy, even if I don't enjoy Glee, and I'm always lookin' for good horror material on Television.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
    The Gingerdead Man
    Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
    Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games

Comment

This also has me very interested. I hate that we don't know that much about it though.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

Originally posted by el terror View Post
        This also has me very interested. I hate that we don't know that much about it though.
        Usually with movies that's a recipe for suck but hey there isn't much else on tv that's centered around horror and isn't a reality show so I'm gonna hope for the best.

Comment

This has my interest. I quite liked Glee (no homo), and I'm curious to see how a horror story will turn out for Mister Murphy. I think all us hardcore horror fans have been deprived of horror TV. All we really have right now is The Walking Dead, and it's good to see more people trying out horror.

Comment

Originally posted by Anton Crowley View Post
            Usually with movies that's a recipe for suck but hey there isn't much else on tv that's centered around horror and isn't a reality show so I'm gonna hope for the best.
            Me too. The mystery does make me want to watch it more though.
            I'm hoping for a Twin Peaks style show.

"I have no idea where this will take us but I have a feeling it will be both wonderful and strange"

Comment

I am always excited to see horror on tv, and while Glee was not my thing I don't necessarily think that means I wont like this.

Comment

This should entertain me for a while. But I find shows can't really keep me hooked, only one was Dexter and How I Met Your Mother. I'm also a huge sucker of reality TV.

But I will definitely give this a watch.

Gordon Freeman is not my real name.
                We're going to Hell so bring your sunblock
                Top 5 movies atm: Fight Club, Requiem For a Dream, Se7en, American Psycho and the Fighter

Comment

It's sad that he'll always be known as the "Glee" guy now, when to me he'll always be known as the creator of the fantastic show Nip/Tuck.

A video review show dedicated to horror cinema.

Latest BSC episode (2/22/12):
                  The Gingerdead Man
                  Latest BSA episode (3/21/12): The Birds vs. The Birds!
                  Latest Vlog (3/27/12): The Hunger Games

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
                    It's sad that he'll always be known as the "Glee" guy now, when to me he'll always be known as the creator of the fantastic show Nip/Tuck.
                    While I do think it's sad that he might only be remembered for one of his shows, there is much worse things to be remembered for than an intelligent musical-comedy with incredible music and acting. Glee is already iconic and it just might be Murphy's masterwork, but I hope his other work doesn't fall by the wayside.

Comment

Nice!! Wonder when it'll start?

Last.FM
                      My Blu-ray Steelbook Collection

Comment

Why do movie/TV families always to move far away after miscarriages? I don't see this overtaking Supernatural as the best horror show on TV, but I'll give it a try.

Comment

Hm, caught my interest! I'll give it a go!

Comment

Originally posted by Wednesday View Post
                            Nip/Tuck was awesome! I had actually forgotten about that. I am much more excited to see this now.

Comment

The commercials for it look pretty creepy:

[YOUTUBE]_bZIkqirKVY&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                              [YOUTUBE]mKmxJ_7_lr4&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                              [YOUTUBE]-4tajHTNgUc&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                              [YOUTUBE]xRHMc_0qesg&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
                              57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

Working...
                              X