Darren Aronofsky's "Noah"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
    Odd choice, especially for this guy, but whatever he touches he turns to gold so I'll end up seeing this.
    Exactly. I'm not necessarily interested in the subject matter, but Aronofsky is my favorite director and a genius. I have no doubt it'll be fantastic.
    sigpic

Comment

How can Aronofsky out-do Black Swan?

Like others I wasn't keen on a biblical adaptation. No doubt Darren will make it intense, however I'm led to believe that this won't be any ordinary Noah story as the IMDb trivia suggests:
      "Darren Aronofsky brought in frequent collaborator Ari Handel and Canadian artist Niko Henrichon to adapt the script into a 2011 graphic novel "Noé: Pour la cruauté des hommes" ("Noah: For the Cruelty of Men"). This novel serves as an influence on the film."

With images from that graphic novel like this:

something tells me this is going to be a little bit different to our dear old Bible re-telling. But 2014's a long way off yet, so I'll need to wait a short while. It certainly sounds like Darren's most ambitious film!
      ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by horrorking95 View Post
        How can Aronofsky out-do Black Swan?

Like others I wasn't keen on a biblical adaptation. No doubt Darren will make it intense, however I'm led to believe that this won't be any ordinary Noah story as the IMDb trivia suggests:
        "Darren Aronofsky brought in frequent collaborator Ari Handel and Canadian artist Niko Henrichon to adapt the script into a 2011 graphic novel "Noé: Pour la cruauté des hommes" ("Noah: For the Cruelty of Men"). This novel serves as an influence on the film."

With images from that graphic novel like this:

something tells me this is going to be a little bit different to our dear old Bible re-telling. But 2014's a long way off yet, so I'll need to wait a short while. It certainly sounds like Darren's most ambitious film!
        I think he can easily top Black Swan because even though it was a great movie, it was extremely safe and predictable. If he does take an approach to this that is more than just a retelling but more of a reimagining then I will be excited. Still though, Russell Crow? Meh.

Comment

This film should be two hours of Noah getting more and more drunk and angry at the impossible task he's been set by an imaginary voice in his head. Eventually, he snaps and takes it out on his family. It'd be like 'The Shining', but with fewer typewriters and tricycles.
          Mayhem. In a boilersuit.

Comment

Originally posted by Boilersuit_Mayhem View Post
            This film should be two hours of Noah getting more and more drunk and angry at the impossible task he's been set by an imaginary voice in his head. Eventually, he snaps and takes it out on his family. It'd be like 'The Shining', but with fewer typewriters and tricycles.
            Now THAT could be interesting!
            ""I was perfect"- Nina Sayers"

Have a looky at my new horror movie blog!

http://asdaman.wordpress.com/

Comment

Test screenings of Noah returned disappointment.

The film is currently in post-production and scheduled to kick off on March, 28th 2014.

Some high-res pics:

Damn, I made this thread two yeas ago?
              Last edited by Santa; 10-17-2013, 02:57 AM.
              "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
              Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

If it pisses off religious people I'm all for it.

Put "2 Fast 2 Furious" in B&W and Se7en thinks he's watching a Bergman film.
                I find the Metal Gear Solid series to be mediocre at best.

Comment

Test screenings are bloody worthless and should be ignored. The fact producers want a fantastic filmmaker like Aronofsky to make changes based on the opinions of people not educated in film or with a religious bias is dumb.

I was watching an interview with some critics are they partly blame test screenings for failures in horror. Test screenings have proved to producers that audiences like to understand everything and have all loose ends tied up which means horror slightly lost that unknown factor that works so well in scaring people.

I'm looking forward to Noah, the subject is interesting and I love Aronofsky.

Comment

With people so obsessed with doomsday scenarios these days, this film shouldn't miss. Thankfully, no zombies, teenage supergirls, or twinkly vampires will be included. And no Scooby Do.
                    No tats, no chains, just the snub-nosed truth.

Comment

From what I read Darren is trying to make a environmentalist movie

It's 100% religious based therefore should have religious overtones.

If Darren does nothing but an environmentalist movie then he failed in bringing the project to what it should be.

It should be a Crazy Religious dude trying to save the world with a ship.

I mean even Evan Almighty at least had that

Comment

I'm up for seeing it, Aronofsky seems like an odd fit for this kind of tale but I'll still give it a watch.

Comment

[YOUTUBE]FRTlT3DEydU[/YOUTUBE]

I really don't know what to think about this...

Comment

I think this looks pretty good.

No doubt there'll be art houses touches, but the cast is awesome and the effects look great.

Comment

It's just such a silly tale...and seeing all those CG animals boarding the ark didn't make me any more convinced.

I don't know. I love Aronofsky and I'll probably end up seeing it, but it will be with low expectations.

Comment

Master And Commander reloaded?
                                It looks like the usual Hollywood CGI overkill/big pathos/moneymaking picture to me. But it might turn out great visual popcorn entertainment as well. But without the depth and aftermath Black Swan had.
                                Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                                It's just such a silly tale...and seeing all those CG animals boarding the ark didn't make me any more convinced.
                                Well, there are others who say this is one of the biggest biblical tales ever. It was only a matter of time that Hollywood will exploit it. But I didn't expect it being Aronowsky in the first place.
                                Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                                I don't know. I love Aronofsky and I'll probably end up seeing it, but it will be with low expectations.
                                This will probably be the movie, which pushes a former arthouse and underground director to the next level. And from then on it's only Blockbuster entertainemt.
                                I hope Aronoswky won't lose himself in this vortex.
                                "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                                Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Working...
                                X