Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Aronofsky's "Noah"

[YOUTUBE]FRTlT3DEydU[/YOUTUBE]

Yes, it is now official, Darren Aronofsky's boyhood dream will become silver screen reality. He will make the biblical epic of Noah and the Arc. Found this news here and here.

Originally posted by Aronofsky
    "Since I was a kid, I have been moved and inspired by the story of Noah and his family's journey. The imaginations of countless generations have sparked to this epic story of faith. It's my hope that I can present a window into Noah's passion and perseverance for the silver screen.
    So, what do you think of this huge project?
    Last edited by Santa; 11-15-2013, 02:17 AM.
    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
    Scott Vogel from Terror

I love Aronofsky, and I don't have a doubt that this will be well directed, but I just don't know. Seems like an odd choice to me.

Comment

Big MEH!

Comment

Fucking yawn.

You didn't let me finish. I'm not gonna hurt you, I'm gonna bash your brains in!

Comment

Sounds fucking awesome.

Just kidding, sounds lame.

Comment

Interesting. I find the topic extraordinary (I even did an extensive research project on the idea of Noah's Ark) but I can't see Aronofsky making this.

Comment

I seriously find it odd that an outspoken atheist would invest so much time in a project like this.

Comment

Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                I seriously find it odd that an outspoken atheist would invest so much time in a project like this.
                Like most stories told in religious texts, Noah is a fascinating tale.

Comment

Odd choice but I have enough trust in him that he will at least make a decent movie out of this.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                    Like most stories told in religious texts, Noah is a fascinating tale.
                    Exactly. People are going to be turned off to this simply because it is biblical, but regardless it is quite the story and the way Aronofsky presents it will undoubtedly equal the scope of the tale itself. Just look at it as any other work of fiction. The story predates the bible anyway so it is more than a christian fable.

Comment

Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                      Exactly. People are going to be turned off to this simply because it is biblical, but regardless it is quite the story and the way Aronofsky presents it will undoubtedly equal the scope of the tale itself. Just look at it as any other work of fiction. The story predates the bible anyway so it is more than a christian fable.
                      Exactly. Its an epic story that could potentially be epic and awe-inspiring at least in scope.

The story of the Great Flood has appeared in many different parts of the world in various forms. It doesn't have be be christian at all, and I bet it won't be seeing as Aronofsky is directing.

Comment

Yeah, definitely sounds lame. I could care less about the story of Noah's Arc.
                        Last edited by King_ov_Hell; 10-04-2011, 06:39 PM.

Comment

This sounds great. Darren Aronofsky is a great director who knows how to tell good stories. I'm sure he will do something very interesting with this project.

Comment

Too early to tell. I'm sure we'll all end up seeing this regardless.

Comment

Odd choice, especially for this guy, but whatever he touches he turns to gold so I'll end up seeing this.

Comment

Working...
                              X