Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pacific Rim (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
    So this fucker screened last night: http://www.aintitcool.com/node/60726
    That was good to read and exactly what I needed to hear. I wonder if there's gonna be a trailer during the game tonight?

    Comment


    • #47
      I watched the trailer and what not again .. It just looks weak .. I can't put my finger on it.

      Comment


      • #48
        Two reviews for the film

        52 Hookers and Counting....

        Comment


        • #49
          Although I did like the trailer, I just don't care for all the CGI in the trailer. It doesn't look terrible, I'm just getting sick of all of it.

          But it's Del Toro so I'll be seeing it regardless.
          Bow to the Schlock King

          B-Movie Madness


          Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

          Comment


          • #50
            why on god's green earth have I not looked into this!?!?!

            Comment


            • #51

              DVDs


              Recent Flicks
              Jurassic World - 7/10
              Speed - 8.5/10
              John Wick - 9.5/10
              The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
              Interstellar - 8/10

              Comment


              • #52
                [YOUTUBE]Ef6vQBGqLW8[/YOUTUBE]

                Comment


                • #53
                  I like Del Toro and I like the concept but the CGI still bugs me. It doesn't look terrible, just obviously too CG for me.

                  I get hard imagining if Toho made this.
                  Bow to the Schlock King

                  B-Movie Madness


                  Why would you want to argue with Geek? He puts up an argument like a midget puts up Christmas tree lights.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                    I like Del Toro and I like the concept but the CGI still bugs me. It doesn't look terrible, just obviously too CG for me.

                    I get hard imagining if Toho made this.
                    I keep going up and down on this. The footage looks spectacular but I just have a strange feeling about it.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                      Originally posted by black coffee View Post
                      [YOUTUBE]Ef6vQBGqLW8[/YOUTUBE]
                      I'm not upset about the CGI, I don't have any trepidation about how this will turn out, I just want to fucking see this - immediately!

                      Take my goddamn money already.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by The Geek View Post
                        I like Del Toro and I like the concept but the CGI still bugs me. It doesn't look terrible, just obviously too CG for me.
                        I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.

                        52 Hookers and Counting....

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
                          I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
                          When I first hear Del Toro was making this, I imagined these incredibly elaborate costumes and a beautiful miniature city being destroyed. When I realized he was going the CG route, a little piece of me died. I mean fuck, I still think the 1976 King Kong looks cool, lets apply today's technology and create something amazing, not just a smear of CG nonsense.

                          I'll still be there opening day.

                          One major nitpick I have beyond the CG, and I may have posted about this before, but everything is just way too high tech. If we were to actually build machines like this today and fight giant monsters, everything would be a little more rudimentary and experimental, not all flashy and slick. It would have been cool to see that.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Shoggoth View Post
                            One major nitpick I have beyond the CG, and I may have posted about this before, but everything is just way too high tech. If we were to actually build machines like this today and fight giant monsters, everything would be a little more rudimentary and experimental, not all flashy and slick. It would have been cool to see that.
                            I was thinking the same thing. CGI looks okay to me, just that everything looks over the top.

                            I should be pumped to see this, but I'm just not feeling it. Trailers have exactly been mind-blowing. Still will check it out as I'm a big Del Toro fan.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Caustic Coffee View Post
                              I'm not upset about the CGI, I don't have any trepidation about how this will turn out, I just want to fucking see this - immediately!

                              Take my goddamn money already.

                              Yup.



                              DVDs


                              Recent Flicks
                              Jurassic World - 7/10
                              Speed - 8.5/10
                              John Wick - 9.5/10
                              The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                              Interstellar - 8/10

                              Comment


                              • #60

                                52 Hookers and Counting....

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X