X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H.P. Pufncraft View Post
    I think I just came.

Comment

I am so excited for this movie now that there's been some awesome trailers and a good amount of buzz. July can't come soon enough.

Comment

This is looking fucking AMAZING. I can not WAIT for this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
        Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
        My little idiot..

Comment

Exposed to the possibility that all of you burn me alive .. here I go ... I think this movie looks terrible, giant monsters, robots, CGI, etc. Del Toro or not .. The trailer does nothing for me, is like .. Let's put together in the same movie the more outlandish idea that comes to mind then we add the name Del Toro to the project and I'm sure the flies will come to eat here.

Comment

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
            Exposed to the possibility that all of you burn me alive .. here I go ... I think this movie looks terrible, giant monsters, robots, CGI, etc. Del Toro or not .. The trailer does nothing for me, is like .. Let's put together in the same movie the more outlandish idea that comes to mind then we add the name Del Toro to the project and I'm sure the flies will come to eat here.
            Everyone knows I'm not for CGI at all. I'd rather it not existst and they still use stop motion, but it isn't happening.

I think this just looks awesome. Sometimes I need a no holds bar flick. And giant monsters fighting giant robots? With a Del Toro flare? Awwwwww hell yeaaaah!
            "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.
            Do you have American animals in your Zoo's? Like Bears, Elephants and Giraffes?
            My little idiot..

Comment

I jest but you no fun Dockta Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by capecep View Post
                I jest but you no fun Dockta Jones.
                And pretentious..

Giant robots fighting giant monsters on a scale & tentpole production like this (by a revered director) is something I'd fantasize about as a 10 year old. I feel young again

DVDs

Recent Flicks
                Jurassic World - 7/10
                Speed - 8.5/10
                John Wick - 9.5/10
                The Omen III: The Final Conflict - 7/10
                Interstellar - 8/10

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Hag View Post
                  And pretentious..

Giant robots fighting giant monsters on a scale & tentpole production like this (by a revered director) is something I'd fantasize about as a 10 year old. I feel young again
                  That's how I feel. As a life-long monster movie fan, this is a dream come true.
                  If Del Toro is able to flesh out the characters and make them likable and also create some iconic action sequences - this movie will be undoubtably awesome to me...

Definitely looks like it will blow Cloverfield and Godzilla 98 out of the water at least.

Comment

If you take a closer look, you'll see some very interesting scenarios:

-- It takes two people to operate a robot, one for each hemisphere.
                    -- Different monsters have different strengths. Will each robot be equipped to handle multiple monsters?
                    -- There are vast changes in settings, which is rare for sci-fi/horror films set on Earth.

Comment

I have reservations. These big dumb action flicks that seem like a childhood dream come true, never turn out the way we hope, and get slammed for delivering what they advertise.

I can see the complaints already...

"It was alright, but the characters weren't developed all that well, and the plot was kinda dumb. Too much CGI. I know it's just 'Robots vs. Monsters', but it could've been way better".

The hype kinda reminds me of when everyone was so excited to see "Doomsday", by Neil....Neil....the guy who made The Descent.

Comment

I get a boner whenever somebody says there is too much CGI in movies like these.

This is 2013, until filmmakers come up with the next big way to make hugely epic shit like what undoubtably will go down in this film look more "real", CGI looks pretty goddamn awesome to me. They can do shit in movies that they never could do convincingly before.

Comment

I can't wait to read the first review that questions why the scientists didn't kill the Kaiju with microorganisms or the good ol' grey goo.

Comment

Atlantic Rim looks hilarious. It might actually be the first watchable mockbuster.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                              I get a boner whenever somebody says there is too much CGI in movies like these.

This is 2013, until filmmakers come up with the next big way to make hugely epic shit like what undoubtably will go down in this film look more "real", CGI looks pretty goddamn awesome to me. They can do shit in movies that they never could do convincingly before.
                              This is true.

I have no problem with good CGI, It's just the video game obviously fake CGI that I don't like.

Comment

It appears that more CGI effort went into the Jaegers than the Kaiju.

Comment

Working...
                                X