Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lars Von Trier's The Nymphomaniac (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoa nelly Shia Leboof or whatever his name is will have unsimulated sex in this, that's a big leap for a hollywood dick sucker.
    "I will do what Queens do. I will rule."

Comment

I happened to get my first viewing of Antichrist on The Sundance Channel last night. Very solid film in terms of acting and story. The imagery was very artful if perhaps a little too preening and high concept. I'm not sure if I should have been confused by the film or not. In one respect, the story is a very simple fable, yet it seems as if the film--that is the images that make up the film--was telling a different story. Visually there were some beautiful moments, some harrowing moments, some grotesque moments. I admire anyone who can depict nudity and coitus in a way that is ugly and unappealing rather than erotic. I'm sure it's easy to do, but it is so rarely done (intentionally) that it gave me pause. I really like how the film builds a very typical sense of foreboding and expectation and then jumps the rails entirely about two thirds of the way in. I was expecting a typically atypical supernatural story where it would seem that the story is building toward some inevitable disclosure of supernatural horror. What I got was....well....what I got, which was perfect.
      Last edited by Jack the Pin; 02-23-2013, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
        Not typically Hollywood is right - she is from french heritage.
        Isn't she Jewish ?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Enchantress View Post
          Whoa nelly Shia Leboof or whatever his name is will have unsimulated sex in this, that's a big leap for a hollywood dick sucker.
          Surprisingly Shia Lebeouf is incredibly passionate about arthouse and extreme cinema. He's friends with Marilyn Manson and I read how they spent a night watching Jodorowsky films and Man Bites Dog etc. He went on to direct a Born Villain music video that was very explicit and a homage to exploitation cinema.

Think he's trying to move away from Hollywood crap and go with his passions so good on him.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
            Errr,...no comment.

Fuck that, I'll comment. She looks like an alien, who stretched human skin over her frame.

Sorry man, but yuck.
            I would lower your expectations in life.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post

I wouldn't say yuck. That's pretty harsh. She has her own look that isn't typical Hollywood. Like I said, not super hot but far from ugly. each to their own I guess.
              Therein lies the beauty for me, when the "normal looks" breaks with the "Hollywood scheme".

Comment

Originally posted by Renacimiento View Post
                Therein lies the beauty for me, when the "normal looks" breaks with the "Hollywood scheme".
                I guess that's the point I was trying to make.

Give me natural beauty over glossed up, plastic fake Hollywood any day.

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                  I would lower your expectations in life.
                  Maybe you should lighten up.

Comment

Originally posted by Heretic View Post
                    Maybe you should lighten up.
                    lol

Comment

Been a fan of Von Trier after seeing Antichrist and then started to check out his other films. Should be a fun ride!

I don't think the main girl is ugly at all but I've always had a thing for those who don't fit into the "superhot" category. She's not smoking hot but think she's very attractive.

Comment

Hmm. Nothing subtle about this poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
                          Hmm. Nothing subtle about this poster.

Looks like a pussy to me.
                          "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                          Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

I was looking into this the other night. Lets get this in front of my eyes and I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Outpost #31 View Post
                              I don't think the main girl is ugly at all but I've always had a thing for those who don't fit into the "superhot" category. She's not smoking hot but think she's very attractive.
                              agree. Beautiful woman. I like those girls more than the polished models.

Dont know what to expect exactly.. child abuse, penetration.. it will definitley 'provoke' certain groups of people
                              Last edited by Bottleneck; 05-03-2013, 06:54 AM.
                              1. The Big Lebowski
                              2. The Shining
                              3. Martyrs
                              4. Session 9
                              5. Irréversible
                              6. Apocalypse Now
                              7. No Country for Old Men
                              8. Eyes Wide Shut
                              9. Boot, Das
                              10. Pi

>> my youtube channel <<

Comment

Sounds interesting. I've only seen Anti-Christ, been meaning to watch it a second time but haven't as of yet.

This does sound rather saaaweet though.
                                "Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side, which he never shows to anybody. If, he can help it." -- Mark Twain

"I do not see why man should not be just as cruel as nature." -- Adolf Hitler

You are a sadistic, volatile and all over out of control internet cruise missile, that's what you are, Oxley.

Comment

Working...
                                X