Nov. 26, 2012
* Moonrise Kingdom
* "How to Survive a Plague", David France, director; Howard Gertler, David France, producers (Sundance Selects)
Best Ensemble Performance
* "Your Sister’s Sister", Emily Blunt, Rosemarie Dewitt, Mark Duplass (IFC Films)
* Benh Zeitlin for "Beasts of the Southern Wild" (Fox Searchlight Pictures)
* Emayatzy Corinealdi in "Middle of Nowhere" (AFFRM and Participant Media)
Best Film Not Playing at a Theater Near You
* "An Oversimplification of Her Beauty", Terence Nance, director; Terence Nance, Andrew Corkin, James Bartlett, producers
For the second consecutive year, IFP is proud present the euphoria Calvin Klein Spotlight on Women Filmmakers ‘Live the Dream’ grant, a $25,000 cash award for an alumna of IFP’s Independent Filmmaker Labs. This grant aims to further the careers of emerging women directors by supporting the completion, distribution and audience engagement strategies of their first feature film.
The nominees are:
Leah Meyerhoff, director, I BELIEVE IN UNICORNS
Stacie Passon, director, CONCUSSION
Visra Vichit Vadakan, KARAOKE GIRL
Winner of the Gothams Audience Award: “Artifact,” Filmmaker Jared Leto
Winner of inaugural Bingham Ray prize: Benh Zeitlin, director, "Beasts of the Southern Wild "