Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I call shenanigans. Let sleeping corpses lie. Star Wa=rs died to me when Episode 1 was announced. I remember going to see the shit heap that was The Faculty and seeing the first trailer for it and was really bummed out for a week afterwards.

Comment

• Here's part two of the interview with Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas:

[YOUTUBE]EBuOHM51YdI[/YOUTUBE]
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

• Originally posted by rusted31 View Post
        I wouldn't be surprised if Gore Verbinksi gets the directing gig.

He's already done one massive franchise with the Pirates films. He certainly knows how to do a blockbuster and is Disneys go to guy for these sorts of flicks.
        That could be pretty good, although he'd have to settle down the comedic aspects, or at least aim it at R2D2 and C-3P0.

It would be pretty cool to see him take on two franchises, completely at opposite ends of the spectrum.

Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
        I call shenanigans. Let sleeping corpses lie. Star Wa=rs died to me when Episode 1 was announced. I remember going to see the shit heap that was The Faculty and seeing the first trailer for it and was really bummed out for a week afterwards.
        A Maestro of Horror. A genre Master. And a legend of the Sliver Screen. Wes Craven 1939 ~ 2015

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
          Star Wa=rs died to me when Episode 1 was announced.
          It died for me much earlier.. going to see the butchered 'special editions' in 1997 has ruined Star Wars forever for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
            It died for me much earlier.. going to see the butchered 'special editions' in 1997 has ruined Star Wars forever for me.
            I didn't get to see the original versions at the cinemas when I was little so it was a real treat for me to finally get to see them on the big screen in '97. I was way too young when the first two came out and my mum wouldn't take me to go see 'Return of the Jedi' because she didn't want to sit though it. The selfish old bag!

Overall, I have mixed feelings about the special editions. Sure, some of the alterations made to scenes are fucking terrible and could do with being put back to their original forms. Like most people for example, I hate how George Lucas fucked up the Greedo scene in 'A New Hope'. I also can't stand the extended musical sequence in 'Return of the Jedi' either. However, there is a a lot of stuff that works very well too. 'The Empire Strikes Back' is easily the best of the special editions and the best Star Wars film in any version. Everything about The Cloud City scenes is fantastic IMO.
            Last edited by Vlad The Impaler; 11-13-2012, 07:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
              I didn't get to see the original versions at the cinemas when I was little so it was a real treat for me to finally get to see them on the big screen in '97. I was way too young when the first two came out and my mum wouldn't take me to go see 'Return of the Jedi' because she didn't want to sit though it. The selfish old bag!

Overall, I have mixed feelings about the special editions. Sure, some of the alterations made to scenes are fucking terrible and could do with being put back to their original forms. Like most people for example, I hate how George Lucas fucked up the Greedo scene in 'A New Hope'. I also can't stand the extended musical sequence in 'Return of the Jedi' either. However, there is a a lot of stuff that works very well too. 'The Empire Strikes Back' is easily the best of the special editions and the best Star Wars film in any version. Everything about The Cloud City scenes is fantastic IMO.
              Empire Strikes Back is the best of the 'special editions' because it was altered the least..

They didn't need to do a fucking thing to it. Everything they added was unnecessary.

The only thing I liked was how the scene between Biggs and Luke was re-inserted before the big battle.

Comment

• Did anyone catch last week's South Park? They riped the situation a new anushole. I found it pretty funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
                  Here's part two of the interview with Kathleen Kennedy and George Lucas:

[YOUTUBE]EBuOHM51YdI[/YOUTUBE]
                  What a bunch of BS that was.... Yeah, because Mr. Lucas did such a good job of overseeing all the Plot holes and making sure that the prequels didn't completely change everything already previously established within the universe.......

Comment

• I also love the irony in part 1 when he is saying he wants to make sure he leaves it with a company that protects it....... Protects it!

The fucking guy who refuses to release the original theatrical version and swears by the butchered versions wants to make sure his movies are protected! LMFAO!

Comment

• It all comes down to money. Lucas has milked the cow so much he is running out of "creative" ways to make money. He gave up on the old school fans years ago and now it is al about making it cool for the kids who didnt see the originals. He knows people are getting fed u with his bulshit so why not selll it not only for a fuckload of money but to someone else who will butcher it as much as he did. I at this oint dont care about the theaterical versions because all this stuid shit "cough" Blu-ray "cough" has officially ruined the entire series for me. I hoe they spend more than James Cameron did on Avatar making this new trilogy and I hope it goes down as the biggest flop in history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                        I at this oint dont care about the theaterical versions because all this stuid shit "cough" Blu-ray "cough" has officially ruined the entire series for me.
                        I wouldn't say blu ray has anything to do with it, really.

I am guilty of buying the 456 trilogy on blu.....I did so because contained within are mere glimpses of the original footage.....which I love.
                        But the series was ruined before the bluray release.

So, yeah. Leave bluray out of this! It's the best thing to happen to home cinema lovers, ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by zombaddict View Post
                          I wouldn't say blu ray has anything to do with it, really.

I am guilty of buying the 456 trilogy on blu.....I did so because contained within are mere glimpses of the original footage.....which I love.
                          But the series was ruined before the bluray release.

So, yeah. Leave bluray out of this! It's the best thing to happen to home cinema lovers, ever.
                          Oh Im not talking about actual blurays, Im talking about all the added ullshit lie Vader saying No and that sort of thing. Sorry I didnt make myself too clear. Bluerays are great!

Comment

• Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                            Empire Strikes Back is the best of the 'special editions' because it was altered the least..

They didn't need to do a fucking thing to it. Everything they added was unnecessary.
                            Yeah, it was altered the least but the changes they did make I think worked very well. Everything gelled nicely.

Comment

• It was because of the prequels why it took me so long to watch the original trilogy again. The first time I did I was too young to remember much of them. Besides a few key parts.

Infini-Tropolis

Comment

• LAWRENCE KASDAN TO WRITE EPS 8-9

This is a positive sign. He only wrote the best SW film after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X