Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star Wars Episode VII - The Force Awakens (2015)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good. Hopefully now the original versions can see the light of day again.

Infini-Tropolis

Comment

Originally posted by WodenHorde View Post
      Good. Hopefully now the original versions can see the light of day again.
      I initially thought that as well. I hope they will do a HD restoration, episode 4, 5 and 6 in glorious Blu-ray, without those stupid digital alterations. That would do it for me.
      "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
      Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
        Nice tease but unlikely. He's got Marvel on the brain.

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
        I initially thought that as well. I hope they will do a HD restoration, episode 4, 5 and 6 in glorious Blu-ray, without those stupid digital alterations. That would do it for me.
        Disney can do whatever they want, as long as that happens. I could finally retire my laser-discs.
        Last edited by WodenHorde; 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM.

Infini-Tropolis

Comment

Originally posted by WodenHorde View Post
          Nice tease but unlikely. He's got Marvel on the brain.
          No doubt.

I'd love for him to one day be given free-reign in the Star Wars universe and see him do a little Firefly type of story. Smugglers tryin' to get by under the Empire, a little Han Solo prequel story... *nerdgasm*
          LETTERBOX'D - DVD/BLU

Comment

Originally posted by Santa Sangre View Post
            I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but even I have been waiting for a proper blu-ray release of the 3 original films. I hate the special editions.

Comment

Originally posted by mR_BuNgLe View Post
              YES !!

Seriously, I would love to see more Star Wars films created by people other than Lucas.

It's no surprise that the best SW flick, Empire, was directed by someone else.

Comment

Hopefully this means the original, unaltered trilogy will be re-released on dvd.
                57 Hookers and Counting....

Comment

I kind of grew out of Star Wars. I loved it as a kid, but it's far too juvenile for me to get back into it. I can still watch them on occasion, and I play the games, but I haven't seen any of the recent stuff. And after the debacle of the prequels, I couldn't really give a shit anymore.

Oh, and fuck Joss Whedon.

Comment

Originally posted by CountOrlok View Post
                    Oh, and fuck Joss Whedon.

I honestly have no desire to see anymore Star Wars movies. For me, Star Wars is the original trilogy. The cartoons, comics, books, video games, tv shows, etc. are all filler/fluff.

Comment

Joss Whedon won't do Star Wars. He doesn't hate his fans.

edit

Star Wars was my favorite thing ever when I was younger. I find it hasn't aged particularly well at the hilarious prequel films don't help either. I turned into a Middle Earth buff when I turned 13 and will probably always be just that.

Comment

Nothing in Hollywood seems to be good any more excep a mighy few exceptions. I hated episodes 1-3 and have a feeling these new ones won impress me either.

Comment

As a big Star Wars fan l couldn't be more excited. Hopefully Disney has the right sort of ideas to make this a respectable franchise once again. l don't want to have to bear witness to any animated Ewok adventures or a pre-teen Jedi Academy romp on Disney XD. And l don't need a new movie every two to three years! Lets just get through Episodes 7-9, like George has been teasing us about for years, and then lets go from there. Also, l think Spielberg should direct Episode 7, starring Mark Hamill as an aging, troubled Luke. Holy shit, the possibilities are endless!

And no doubt that one of Disney's first moves will be the blu-ray release of the original theatrical versions, rendering all other video releases of the last fifteen years obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
                            As a big Star Wars fan l couldn't be more excited. Hopefully Disney has the right sort of ideas to make this a respectable franchise once again. l don't want to have to bear witness to any animated Ewok adventures or a pre-teen Jedi Academy romp on Disney XD. And l don't need a new movie every two to three years! Lets just get through Episodes 7-9, like George has been teasing us about for years, and then lets go from there. Also, l think Spielberg should direct Episode 7, starring Mark Hamill as an aging, troubled Luke. Holy shit, the possibilities are endless!

And no doubt that one of Disney's first moves will be the blu-ray release of the original theatrical versions, rendering all other video releases of the last fifteen years obsolete.
                            The more I think about it the more I am opening up to the possibilities of new SW moies although I was under the impression hat Luke wouldn be in them. Tbh what killed it for me was the new trilogy and then I was willing o look pas it and preend they didnt exist and then one day I was watching Return of The Jedi only to see that the kid who played Anakin in the new series had his body image replacing the actor who originally played Anakin in the original ending when Luke sees him at the party. That one made me mad and the icing on the cake was this voiceover shit for the blueray release. I try to preserve the original series in my mind but this kind of garbage makes it hard.

Comment

I am glad I didn't buy the blu-ray set. Here's hoping to an incredible Disney release.

Comment

Originally posted by Morningriser View Post
                                The more I think about it the more I am opening up to the possibilities of new SW moies although I was under the impression hat Luke wouldn be in them.
                                l'm betting he wouldn't. They could get away with setting it directly after Return of the Jedi but with all new characters. l would prefer something a few hundred years later, during the New Jedi Order, while the threat of a new Sith War looms.

Comment

Working...
                                X