Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusted View Post
    It's as dark as a Star Trek film can get.
    Awesome. I'm putting myself in cryo-sleep until then...

Comment

Pretty pumped. I'm a big Star Trek fan, and while many hardcore fans have issues with the new film, I totally loved it. Just have to think of it as two different versions.

I'm also thoroughly convinced that Cumberbatch is Khan. Just think if it was any other villain, it would have been revealed by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Klown View Post
        Pretty pumped. I'm a big Star Trek fan, and while many hardcore fans have issues with the new film, I totally loved it. Just have to think of it as two different versions.

I'm also thoroughly convinced that Cumberbatch is Khan. Just think if it was any other villain, it would have been revealed by now.

For a while l thought Cumberbatch was Gary Mitchell from "Where No Man Has Gone Before". Now...l don't know...

l don't think hes Khan, but maybe a similar eugenics experiment, all pissed off and full of vinegar...

Either way, Abrams sure as hell knows how to remain secretive. l'm so happy that theres a movie on the horizon with plenty of surprises in store, that hasn't been ruined by numerous spoiler-ish trailers.

Comment

Originally posted by yoxodo View Post
          For a while l thought Cumberbatch was Gary Mitchell from "Where No Man Has Gone Before". Now...l don't know...

l don't think hes Khan, but maybe a similar eugenics experiment, all pissed off and full of vinegar...

Either way, Abrams sure as hell knows how to remain secretive. l'm so happy that theres a movie on the horizon with plenty of surprises in store, that hasn't been ruined by numerous spoiler-ish trailers.
          I agree. So many movies have the plot spelled out and spoiled in trailers. It is nice going into this one fresh and spoiler-free.

Comment

This film really hit the spot for me.

My only complaint is that it's not long enough. Even though it runs just over two hours it's so fast paced and thrilling, you don't want it to end.

I'm surprised that JJ has managed to keep the twists a secret. Just don't read any of the reviews over at AIC as they spoil everything.

Comment

This film really hit the spot for me.

My only complaint is that it's not long enough. Even though it runs just over two hours it's so fast paced and thrilling, you don't want it to end.

I'm surprised that JJ has managed to keep the twists a secret. Just don't read any of the reviews over at AIC as they spoil everything.
              One major twist has been spoiled for me because of those guys

I was going to see this at midnight Thursday but the release date has been moved up to Thursday so midnight showings are Wednesday night instead. Wednesday night is no good for me so after work Thursday I'll be checking this out!!! So pumped

Comment

Originally posted by The Revelator View Post
                One major twist has been spoiled for me because of those guys

I was going to see this at midnight Thursday but the release date has been moved up to Thursday so midnight showings are Wednesday night instead. Wednesday night is no good for me so after work Thursday I'll be checking this out!!! So pumped
                Sucks that you read a spoiler but don't let it ruin the film for you.

Comment

Saw this tonight and was blown away. Say what you will about Abrams' previous work, but his reinvention of this franchise is really spectacular and now I can't imagine anyone else who would have pulled it off with so much gusto. We're thrown straight into the action and it doesn't let up; seriously, the movie fucking flew by.

All of the cast were stellar, but Cumberbatch excels and as previously mentioned, is the star of the show. I honestly can't praise this enough. It's as tight as any blockbuster I've seen in a long time - action set-piece after the next, whilst juggling intensely complex characters (notably Cumberbatch's John Harrison), a balance of darker themes and enough emotional relief in many light-hearted moments - this just has it all.

There will be repeated viewings of this, for sure. I saw it in 2D, so I'm not sure whether or not to see it in 3D if I go again? Would like more opinions on the 3D, as this is always a concern for me.

10/10

Comment

Got my ticket for next Tuesday, unfortunately not in IMAX.
                    "I want this place to go nuts, north, south, east, west, left, right! Activate this dance floor!!"
                    Scott Vogel from Terror

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                      Saw this tonight and was blown away. Say what you will about Abrams' previous work, but his reinvention of this franchise is really spectacular and now I can't imagine anyone else who would have pulled it off with so much gusto. We're thrown straight into the action and it doesn't let up; seriously, the movie fucking flew by.

All of the cast were stellar, but Cumberbatch excels and as previously mentioned, is the star of the show. I honestly can't praise this enough. It's as tight as any blockbuster I've seen in a long time - action set-piece after the next, whilst juggling intensely complex characters (notably Cumberbatch's John Harrison), a balance of darker themes and enough emotional relief in many light-hearted moments - this just has it all.

There will be repeated viewings of this, for sure. I saw it in 2D, so I'm not sure whether or not to see it in 3D if I go again? Would like more opinions on the 3D, as this is always a concern for me.

10/10

Glad you enjoyed it.

This is exactly how I feel about it. It's fast paced, action packed and Abrams juggles all of the elements perfectly. Next time you see it go to a 3D session. The 3D actually serves its purposes with this film.

I can't wait to see it again.

Comment

Next time you see it go to a 3D session. The 3D actually serves its purposes with this film.
                        I usually hold out on this on a first viewing because of volatility of 3D, but I'll take your word for it. I'm all for being won over by the format - it just doesn't happen very often.

Comment

Originally posted by The Devil's Lyric View Post
                          I usually hold out on this on a first viewing because of volatility of 3D, but I'll take your word for it. I'm all for being won over by the format - it just doesn't happen very often.
                          I find 3D very hit and miss but I find the 3D in this one makes it pop more, especially the scenes set in space.

Comment

I find 3D very hit and miss but I find the 3D in this one makes it pop more, especially the scenes set in space.
                            And enhances those bothersome lens flares...

I'll probably check out a 3D screening at the weekend. Would love to see this in IMAX.

Comment

TOMORROW NIGHT

Comment

I'm tempted to see this, but I'll wait. Abrams is now attached to direct Star Wars Episode 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X